EMU1616 problems and replacement

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have a EMU1616 external Audio interface, and it seems to have started cutting out occasionally during track playback. This was after I tried to get it to record two inputs simultaneously – so using the 1 and 2 inputs - which I’ve never used before. Normal i just use the 1L and 1R which I have now reverted to. Unfortunately the cutting out still happens.

However, I can still bounce a mix and that plays ok on another computer (so I can continue to work) – but I am wondering if the EMU has become overloaded somehow.
I just wondered what you’d recommend replacing the EMU with.

I am using Windows 7 and Protools , so I was wondering if i ought to get a Scarlett Focusrite 4i4

Funnily enough I have actually got an avid MBox which I got with pro tools and i've never used it, maybe I better look at that.

Do a search in this same site. There is a recent thread on Emu audio interfaces somewhere that might help you.

This is the EMU thread
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=371831
studio_tim wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:43 am Funnily enough I have actually got an avid MBox which I got with pro tools and i've never used it, maybe I better look at that.
Mbox 3 is great, you can't get better interface in that price range.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”