DUNE 3 is now available!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Dasheesh wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:14 am what's the eight layers for?
That is a secret. You ever know and make use of them or you remain a mushroom.

When you use 8 layers, you might have difficulty remembering which sound is on which layer. Can one name those layers and save/load them separately?
Last edited by e-crooner on Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dune 3, Avenger and Rapid are all mighty fine synths. Probably the best mankind has to offer. They all eat the Virus TI2 for breakfast.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

And lunch :)
No auto tune...

I don't have Virus (well, maybe Corona in the near future :hihi: ), but from what I heard from songs and YouTube, I believe it's a great synth and I will be very happy to have one, but they are expensive for me and no noticeable 2nd hand market for it here.

One of my absolute favourite songs uses it :)

https://youtu.be/I_O37cE1j64

To have 7 more than one.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

I can’t imagine having an issue with the UI of this synth. Maybe you should switch to hardware, because it’s pretty damn straight forward.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

I'm hoping that microtuning will finally be implemented in the next patch so i can buy it. Comparing the demo with Hive2 this weekend and Dune3 seem to excel at soft dreamy pillowy sounds. On the other hand It feels like a struggle to create mellow sounds in Hive, it always has this direct surplus energy that no EQ or filtering seem to remove. (Which isn't a flaw, just a different personality).

cantaloupe wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:27 pm I'm hoping that microtuning will finally be implemented in the next patch so i can buy it. Comparing the demo with Hive2 this weekend and Dune3 seem to excel at soft dreamy pillowy sounds. On the other hand It feels like a struggle to create mellow sounds in Hive, it always has this direct surplus energy that no EQ or filtering seem to remove. (Which isn't a flaw, just a different personality).
Spot on IMO.

To stop nerds from complaining "this synth dosn't have layers, while XYZ has!"

And yes, layers help significantly to stack rich and complex presets.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

8 layers are from version 1. It was used as unisono with option to change the sound for each unison sound individualy. That is why DUNE is called DUNE ( Differential Unison
Engine, from manual). In version 1. you change unison sounds only from matrix view.

Question : has already the fx section been proposed as independent multi FX ?

yes

[quote=AnX post_id=7709498 time=1585482389 user_id=369792]yes[/quote]

Hopefuly Synapse Audio will make it happen.

Krakatau wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:14 am Question : has already the fx section been proposed as independent multi FX ?
you can have it as rack extensions. the fx section via audio input into Antidote (https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... -antidote/) or the individual effects (https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/brow ... apse+Audio) :wink:

Return to “Instruments”