Massive X 1.2 is out

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Massive X

I never use presets so I couldn't care less about the browser. Give us (back) real midi learn.

lfo phase yet?
ImageImageImageImage

I just made the mistake of Googling “ Massive X “. NI are having a laugh.

Acid Mitch wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:00 pm I just made the mistake of Googling “ Massive X “. NI are having a laugh.
I’m doing that and I don’t get it - it’s just articles and videos about massive x.

Out of the first 10 hits I get 6 for “massive boobs xxx”, etc (and no i’s not from my search history, lol.) and 4 hits for Massive X the softsynth.

Google knows you too well. :D

Just kidding, but... I get the same result as perpetual3.

You probably have Safe search on moderate or higher. Turn it off to get "everything" :D

Acid Mitch wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:31 pm Out of the first 10 hits I get 6 for “massive boobs xxx”, etc (and no i’s not from my search history, lol.) and 4 hits for Massive X the softsynth.
I quite appreciate the current level of the discussion!
:party: :D :lol:

I made a patch on Massive X and the next time I load my project, no sound would come out. I tried turning the knobs, restarting Ableton, nothing worked. The only thing that did work is to select one of the presets. Anyone else had this before?

chk071 wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:21 pm I noticed a interesting behavior: On a i5 laptop, Massive X's CPU consumption lowers (expectedly), when I activate the high performance energy plan. On a Xeon desktop PC, and on a i3 laptop, the CPU consumption stays the same, regardless of which energy plan is active.
This was "false alarm", by the way. I gave it another go on my desktop PC, and, CPU consumption definitely is lower with the high performance plan (as it should be). Dunno what I measured there first, wasn't correct.

hikkichan wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:37 am I made a patch on Massive X and the next time I load my project, no sound would come out. I tried turning the knobs, restarting Ableton, nothing worked. The only thing that did work is to select one of the presets. Anyone else had this before?
There was an old recall bug. Are you running the latest version?
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

PietW. wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:07 am Is importing your own wavetables still an issue?
That is not really an issue. It's simply not a feature.

Honestly with synths like Hive and Massive you can recreate infinite numbers of sounds with the included wavetables.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Yea I mean, did anyone ever even once request that feature for Massive?
ImageImageImageImage

I have a request to you: Add something useful to a discussion. Just once. Thx.

v1o wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:53 am
PietW. wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:07 am Is importing your own wavetables still an issue?
That is not really an issue. It's simply not a feature.

Honestly with synths like Hive and Massive you can recreate infinite numbers of sounds with the included wavetables.
Doesn't mean I can create any sound I want. For example, creating specific vocal sounds requires I import my own resynthesized wavetables.

Oh, and Hive can import wavetables so it does not have that limitation like Massive X.

Return to “Instruments”