NI have announced they will no longer activate discontinued products

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

AnX wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:10 pm so he is a bonifide schill....
no.
they would have tried to hide their connections.
ed(mario) all along has been open about the work hes done with ni.
hes just someone who likes the products and has worked with ni on some projects :shrug:

Haha. No. I was thinking more that NI might not be happy about some stuff being known outside of management ;)

EvilDragon wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:35 pm It's not even under consideration, work has been commited for creating the offline authorization tool to be used by NI support. So, those discontinued products will still be possible to activate, but not through Native Access or Service Center.
I havent figured out why youd get downvotes on that post, but I think its great that NI is quick to commit to some compromise. :tu:
ImageImageImageImage

vurt wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:14 pm
no.
they would have tried to hide their connections.
but not their intentions

schill

What intentions, now? All intentions regarding this situation have been said through Matt and me here. There is nothing malicious behind any of the decisions taken.

I don't think you know what the word you're typing means. Or even type it properly. :P
Last edited by EvilDragon on Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.

highkoo wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:17 pm I think its great that NI is quick to commit to some compromise. :tu:
they are not doing it out of the goodness of their hearts, they had little choice

EvilDragon wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:19 pm
I don't think you know what the word you're typing means. Or even type it properly. :P
best not to think :wink:

EvilDragon wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:19 pmThere is nothing malicious behind any of the decisions taken.
If you wouldn't call the intial decision (to discontinue activation) malicious, then what would you call it? Data driven? ;)

EvilDragon wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:19 pm All intentions regarding this situation have been said through Matt and me here.
so you're an official n. i. spokesman too?

AnX wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:20 pm
highkoo wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:17 pm I think its great that NI is quick to commit to some compromise. :tu:
they are not doing it out of the goodness of their hearts, they had little choice
Yea I know.
And maybe it is the lawyer they eventually spoke to about the EULA that advised them to not drag their feet getting this going..
But, its still a little surprising to see 'corporate' react with any kind of speed, or positive solutions...
ImageImageImageImage

PAK wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:24 pm
EvilDragon wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:19 pmThere is nothing malicious behind any of the decisions taken.
If you wouldn't call the intial decision (to discontinue activation) malicious, then what would you call it? Data driven? ;)
foolhardy
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Funny to see ED get outed over and over. :hihi:
ImageImageImageImage

Actually... yeah!

EvilDragon wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:30 pm
Actually... yeah!
:dog: :D

A scene from NI General Hospital:

Woman asks, “Doctor, my husband is on life support, will he make it?”

Doctor responds, “Well.. he would, but he is taking slightly too long to recover and we really need the life-support machine for newer patients with more medical coverage. This is the new official policy from the medical director. However, to accomodate you, we will give you three coupons to our cafeteria for 25% off your next purchase. Market data shows this is the most effective solution. Thank you for your understanding, visiting hours are now over. “
SLH - Yes, I am a woman, deal with it.

Return to “Instruments”