The Beatles film Let it Be will be re-released by The Walt Disney Studios

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The Walt Disney Studios has acquired the worldwide distribution rights to acclaimed filmmaker Peter Jackson’s previously announced Beatles documentary.

"The film will showcase the warmth, camaraderie (!) and humor of the making of the legendary band’s studio album, "Let It Be," and their final live concert as a group, the iconic rooftop performance on London’s Savile Row. "The Beatles: Get Back" will be released by The Walt Disney Studios in the United States and Canada on September 4, 2020, with additional details and dates for the film’s global release to follow. The announcement was made earlier today by Robert A. Iger, Executive Chairman, The Walt Disney Company, at Disney’s annual meeting of shareholders."

https://www.thebeatles.com/news

Harry_HH wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:44 pm "The film will showcase the warmth, camaraderie (!) and humor of the making of the legendary band’s studio album, "Let It Be,"
Sounds terrible. I'd rather it showed them as they were at the time. John Lennon being a grumpy bastard, and Paul McCartney being a dick.

Disney is the last organization that should have anything to do with the Beatles' legacy.

will it have hobbitses?

I wonder if Disney is capable of the CGI and FX this movie will require.
There are two kinds of people in the world. Those which can finish a tune, and those which has 300 two-bar loops.

vurt wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:27 pm will it have hobbitses?
Just Ringo...

DMG68 wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:43 pm
Just Ringo...
bahaha!!! :lol:

I wonder how they handle anti-racism, gender equality and LGBT in this movie :wink:
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

TheMaestro wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:39 pm I wonder if Disney is capable of the CGI and FX this movie will require.
PJ has a whole FX company, WETA. And Howard Shore will be doing the soundtrack. What could go wrong? :wink: So, my reservations lay with PJ. I just hope I live long enough to see it. They'll be releasing the original restored film as well.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

DMG68 wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:43 pm
Just Ringo...
Dammit, I was going to say that! :x

:hihi:

TheMaestro wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:39 pm I wonder if Disney is capable of the CGI and FX this movie will require.
Maybe they have George Lucas on retainer, he could advise on changes... Paul left first, digitally add more drums to Ringos kit, digitally remove Yoko... :hihi:

DJ Warmonger wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:01 pm I wonder how they handle anti-racism, gender equality and LGBT in this movie :wink:
Why? Like, really, you do?
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

revvy wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:15 pm
DJ Warmonger wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:01 pm I wonder how they handle anti-racism, gender equality and LGBT in this movie :wink:
Why? Like, really, you do?
Nah just pulling your leg.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

GaryG wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:58 pm
Maybe they have George Lucas on retainer, he could advise on changes... Paul left first, digitally add more drums to Ringos kit, digitally remove Yoko... :hihi:
Dont forget... Yoko shot first!
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:18 pm
GaryG wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:58 pm
Dont forget... Yoko shot first!
die wanna wanga! :o

Bombadil wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:09 pm
PJ has a whole FX company, WETA. And Howard Shore will be doing the soundtrack. What could go wrong? :wink: So, my reservations lay with PJ. I just hope I live long enough to see it. They'll be releasing the original restored film as well.
youd think theyd use the beatles...

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”