NI have announced they will no longer activate discontinued products

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Matt_NI wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:58 am
Vertion wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:38 am @Matt_NI:

Just to clarify, NI orginally intended to abandon all future activation for these products. But now due to complaint, NI will continue to activate the products through a more obscure channel. Specifically requiring the customer to contact NI support via live chat and requesting activation.

Will activation support for these products continue into perpetuity? Or will abandonment of activation for these products simply be deferred to a later date vaguely in the future?
I think you can find a pretty good summary of it in this thread itself even though KVR isn't the only channels we are exchanging with users.

It's really not that obscure. You would just need to contact our account support if you need to re-activate some of the products listed on our announcement. We already have users requesting manual activation now so I imagine it won't be much different. We are confident enough with the amount of activation actually required on these instruments and this wouldn't really impact our workload.

It would be hard to predict what will be the status in 15 years but as far as we stand now, this will be a permanent solution for products affected by this change.
There has been many complaints listed here in KVR about NI slow or non existent customer support so I dont see this as a viable answer... as you said the amount of reactivations is minimal.. so why not just leave the service centre servers just running as it is.. nothing needs to be changed or reinvented ...nor time-wasting customer account supportservice staff doing manual activations, I am sure this will free up Ni customer support to attend to more relevant and important issues and queries. .
Last edited by surreal on Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

surreal wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:44 pm
vurt wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:24 pm well i still have service centre and native access.
as do many people.
why would they only hack your computer?

are you sure you didnt do a f**k up?
Yes I did... by buying and installing Native Instruments in the first place... and no Vurt.. I Did not screw up by simply installing Native Access and letting NI do its updating thing and then on restart .. gone is service centre and removed is the application. .. and NO THANOS from the Avengers Movie did not fingersnap his Jewel studded welding glove near my pc either ....
Fixed that for you now Vurt... well Thanos is a villian and so is NI intentions unsavoury by disregarding what the EULA agreement between them and us as customers is agreed to and enforceable legally..

he is inevitable.

vurt wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:59 pm he is inevitable.
And defeated in the end... I just hope that Matt from NI does not play Tony Stark's roll in the end... I can sorta see Evildragon being the proverbial Spiderman hanging around here appearing to be a hero though...

:lol:
paaaaaarker!!!!!

Automatic updates to registration/licencing tools should be
OFF by default, with an obvious option to enable an update,
if desired or found to be needed.
And also an obvious way to reverse a flawed update.

For installers, they should not be allowed to change the version
of registration/licencing tool, without user approval.

I would support a scheme that permanantly unlocked
a software product, at the tradeoff of the product becoming
NFR.

Products with adequate demos becoming NFR
should leave few surprises that would inspire need for
a resale, a generous 30 minute session limit in NI products,
(15 min limit in Kontact) plus free player versions.
mi dos centavos

Matt_NI is doing a good job here.

But I'm still quite pushed away due to this. I never was afraid of NIs copy protection, but now I feel encouraged to replace as much core tools as I can with tools that have a key file protection. The good thing is that there are enough really good developers our their who offer such things.

But also the reliability. I like to keep my tools over years when I know them. Vintage synth also don't out of fashion just because they are old. I don't buy plugins as a disposable product. You can say a lot bad things about Waves, but in this regard they are great.

I understand that they will probably not get an update anymore. But I don't want to lose Absynth, FM8 and Massive for example and not be able to open older projects. These are tools that I know inside out.

My wish is that NI would focus a lot more on just making great products and on beeing reliable also in the long term instead of pushing so many things out that are not really good (besides of Reaktor and Maschine I can't think of any thing great in the last years! They lost Battery and GuitarRig, Kontakt is just ok, Massive X has a great sound but is ok at best as a whole package) or disappear again. More soul and less big corporate style.

From the outside it feels like wrong priority and KPIs from the management.
At the same time I wish for NI that they will be great and loved again in the future.

noiseboyuk wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:36 am A more plausible scene:

NI: We're going to stop authorization on some old products:
KVR: You are an evil company! We will boycot you!
NI: Ah sheesh, ok, give us a momenet, let's see if we can come up with a better solution.
NI: OK, we think we've got it. Good news: now everyone will be ok, no need to stop those old authorizations. Sorry for the upset!
Spot on :lol:
More BPM please

Did the Title of the Thread change?
I thought NI had decided to discontinue some products and were not going to allow people who purchased those products to authorize them in the future.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Aloysius wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:12 pm Did the Title of the Thread change?
I thought NI had decided to discontinue some products and were not going to allow people who purchased those products to authorize them in the future.

that was not the title you were looking for
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

vurt wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:04 pm paaaaaarker!!!!!

:lol: f**k thsts funny.

:hihi:

Jeez, I'll never watch Thunderbirds in quite the same way again! :hihi:

midi_transmission wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:08 pm Matt_NI is doing a good job here.

But I'm still quite pushed away due to this. I never was afraid of NIs copy protection, but now I feel encouraged to replace as much core tools as I can with tools that have a key file protection. The good thing is that there are enough really good developers our their who offer such things.

But also the reliability. I like to keep my tools over years when I know them. Vintage synth also don't out of fashion just because they are old. I don't buy plugins as a disposable product. You can say a lot bad things about Waves, but in this regard they are great.

I understand that they will probably not get an update anymore. But I don't want to lose Absynth, FM8 and Massive for example and not be able to open older projects. These are tools that I know inside out.

My wish is that NI would focus a lot more on just making great products and on beeing reliable also in the long term instead of pushing so many things out that are not really good (besides of Reaktor and Maschine I can't think of any thing great in the last years! They lost Battery and GuitarRig, Kontakt is just ok, Massive X has a great sound but is ok at best as a whole package) or disappear again. More soul and less big corporate style.

From the outside it feels like wrong priority and KPIs from the management.
At the same time I wish for NI that they will be great and loved again in the future.
Spot on :tu: :clap:
No auto tune...

Return to “Instruments”