[PreSonus Studio One] Music | Design | Film | VFX Production Resource

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Professional

Just to put things into a proper perspective: You can probably count on one hand the number of professional audio products that allow their entire user base to beta test, so I would say that's probably not the norm. The norm is people applying to test and then a company chooses who and who not to let in.

I was a beta tester for Melodyne in the past and it worked that same way. I'd say that Reaper and Reason and the few others who may do that are the exceptions, not the rule.

The Reason "beta" tests are rather Release Candidate tests though. ;)

trusampler wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:33 pm What's crazy is if I drag the wave file from S1 browser to the desktop, then drag from the desktop to vsti mpc software, it works! ;( So it's exactly the same issue that was and still is going on in Cubase mediabay with certain apps. Not sure if you we're around for that debacle when C4 was released, with mediabay and all.

Other daws, like Bitwig,Ableton,Reaper, it all just works fine using their own browsers.
This might be a silly question and I'd assume that you've already tried it, but instead of actually trying to drag and drop to the pad, is dragging and dropping to the waveform area where the waveform is displayed, possible inside Studio One ? If not, it's worth trying the method of simply dragging the sample waveform from the Studio One browser to the arrangement track and simply dragging the sample from there to the MPC software VST.

With the free TX16WX Sampler VST plugin, that's how you can do it all inside Studio One, without needing to drag to the desktop and to copy back from there as you've found, which I'd imagine is fiddly, messy and annoying. The plugin looks to have been updated to something more modern from when I last looked at it.. (more modern from the version I'm using atm) and it's free.. March 19th 2020 latest update... https://www.tx16wx.com/
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

kevvvvv wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:37 pm @THE INTRANCER

Thanks for your insights in this thread.

I enjoyed 'em :)

And you're right about the presonus forum being run like a church :tu:

And S1 is still my cheerful go to :D
Thanks, as for insights, in the case of forum communities, I've quite a few from spending half my life on them, including the psychology and behaviour of those that use them. As a kid and through my teenage years before then, I grew up using CB Radio's, often talking to one or a multiples of people at the same time if I wasn't outside playing / hanging out with friends and neighbours.

I've a few friends still on the PreSonus forum who have somehow resisted being banned lol, but it is dominated by newbies these days... Whilst I was there, my threads were among the most popular of those that were posted... and that included the music section of the site... and I'm really not trying to blow my own trumpet, that's just the way it was...

---
For those that mainly view the last and most recent posts of threads, I thought it worth mentioning that in the past two weeks that there has been a ton of new stuff added to page one of this thread. Over 50 new computer applications for creative purposes, many of which you have probably never heard of, new videos, new tutorial videos, new hardware videos (both old and recent). New help sections covering aspects of Studio One....and a lot more besides... to keep people mentally stimulated and relaxed, besides adding some random shows related to what I watched (or didn't watch) in my younger years or found interesting that was around three or four decades ago.. :).
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

THE INTRANCER wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:43 am
kevvvvv wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:37 pm @THE INTRANCER

Thanks for your insights in this thread.

I enjoyed 'em :)

And you're right about the presonus forum being run like a church :tu:

And S1 is still my cheerful go to :D
Whilst I was there, my threads were among the most popular of those that were posted... and that included the music section of the site... and I'm really not trying to blow my own trumpet, that's just the way it was...

Stop fooling yourself , and yes you are blowing your own trumpet once again ( you're not even aware of that , it is so deeply rooted in your system )
Once you got banned over there you continue posting the same irrelevant shit over here ,
because you're awesome :tu:
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

SLiC wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:52 pm I see Logic Pro X is to get Session view 'clip-launching'...wonder if S1 V5 will do the same?
I think it's pretty likely to have something similar to Ableton but it may be more interesting if they take the clip launching idea to a live node system rather than go to the way of making it look like a confused version of Microsoft Excel.

THE INTRANCER wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:16 pm...it may be more interesting if they take the clip launching idea to a live node system...
Elaborate on that please? Because I can't see how it would be beneficial for a feature meant for live performance and would be less confusing than Excel grid... Have you even tried Live or Bitwig?
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

antic604 wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:55 pm
THE INTRANCER wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:16 pm...it may be more interesting if they take the clip launching idea to a live node system...
Elaborate on that please? Because I can't see how it would be beneficial for a feature meant for live performance and would be less confusing than Excel grid... Have you even tried Live or Bitwig?
On page 1 & 3 of this thread I both illustrated and documented a partly complete concept design I created way back in 2016/17 relating to a node triggering system with Studio One, and that's documented in some detail. For the purpose of this reply, I'll repost that detail here..

The Nodal System

The advantages of a node approach over the conventional workspace system we are use to in Studio One 3 / 3.5, is that tracks can be both controlled on a horizontal and vertical basis within a node environment system, independently or in conjunction with the normal sequencing arrangement.

On a vertical basis, it allows tracks within the main sequencer to be organised simply and quickly without having to dive into the sequencer, zooming in and out, and dragging up and down. With the node system, tracks can be re-configured and include an ID which is assigned to them.

The single or grouped tracks within a container node can be reorganised by colour, alphabetically or data-type - eg wave data, note data, automation data etc at track level. This organisation happens in a non-destructive way inside the node environment and allows the user complete freedom in how they want to present the track at node level which you typically have with node based systems.

Nodes themselves can be re-configured themselves when selected, presented in different patterns and be saved as a user preset. The track node organisation parts can then be transferred to the main sequencer. The node environment is really split into two parts of which either one or both can be displayed..vie a click of a button. 'The Nodal Track Manager' or 'NTM' and the 'NSM' the Nodal Sequence Manager, the latter of which, I'll come to next.
__

The nodal sequence manager, or 'NSM', works on a horizontal plane but of course can be viewed in any way you wish to display it. When tracks are copied over to the node environment, the clips / events on those tracks are then represented as individual nodes connected by lines and I/O points. The type of data a clip/event contains is identified on each and every node vie a pictorial image and represented colour.

As you can imagine, configuring and managing how these clip/events nodes can be organised to playback, provides more flexibility for the composer. You are also able to access the data contained within the node which you can then edit as you normally would but in the safety of the node framework environment.

The difference between the node system and that of the scratch pad system which follows the similar non-destructive editing process is that you have an overview and complete connectivity system in which to connect and playback parts or sections of track in any way which you desire. Split and set up different playback timings for each node to play back, and to trigger other nodes to stop or play, change the volume, speed up or down, apply volume curves and any other possible parameters which are difficult, time-consuming or impossible to do conventionally.
_____

The node system would contain a panel with sliders for controlling how these each of nodes would function as well as vector curve and line displays.

The play position mark of a node or connected nodes is indicated by a descending bar to indicate the time left, (or point in time it is currently) and optionally a numerical value and total time.

A Node Control Track would be transferred to the main sequencer track if nodes are copied from the node environment, with various options such as overriding any other similar sequence data.

The node system provides a different but familiar framework to manage and compose in for a user in essence and new ways to work if they so desire, in perhaps a quicker and more flexible way.
To provide another example, Dehumaniser2...for instance employs a similar system I've outlined, and a path that I think PreSonus could go down.

https://www.krotosaudio.com/products/dehumaniser2/

Have a drum machine set up in UVI Falcon and enabled multi out now I can use the expand option in Studio One to add outs in the mixer to enable levels and inserts on a per drum basis, but don't see any way to create individual audio tracks with inputs from each drum e.g. to record the audio from the snare.
Tried busses, but they only seem to be referenced as outputs in the audio tracks, don't see a way to set a Falcon drum as an input for an audio track.

Setting this up was a 1 minute job in Ableton Live which I dislike using for mixing. Anyone aware if this can be done in Studio One?

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:50 pm Setting this up was a 1 minute job in Ableton Live which I dislike using for mixing. Anyone aware if this can be done in Studio One?
1. Create an audio track
2. Open the inspector and select the relevant Falcon output in the input section of the track (expand the "instrument" section to see it)
Free banks for soft synths | ghostwave.fr | soundcloud.com/ghostwaveaudio

Ghostwave wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:57 pm
WatchTheGuitar wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:50 pm Setting this up was a 1 minute job in Ableton Live which I dislike using for mixing. Anyone aware if this can be done in Studio One?
1. Create an audio track
2. Open the inspector and select the relevant Falcon output in the input section of the track (expand the "instrument" section to see it)
The Falcon audio out channels don't show up in the available options for me.

Are you safe?

Works fine here, with Battery.

Are you sure you activated the outputs on Falcon?

Solved. I was adding mono audio tracks, but they needed to be stereo or the Falcon inputs didn't show up. Cheers for the help guys.

Are you safe?

Just like Ghostwave Audio described: Add a audio track, route the Falcon output to it via the inspector on the audio track, and record the audio to that track.

chk071 wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:47 pm Just like Ghostwave Audio described: Add a audio track, route the Falcon output to it via the inspector on the audio track, and record the audio to that track.
Yeah cheers got it working - it was because I'd added only mono audio tracks which won't let you select a stereo input

Are you safe?

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”