DrivenByMoss: Bitwig extension for many hardware controllers (version 23.2.1)

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Maschine

Hi Moss,

I'm using your extension to control my Launchkey Mini mk3, and I am trying to add another controller with the 'Generic Flexi'.
This works well so far, but I can't figure out one thing.
Is it possible to move the grid selection that shows for the Launchpad Mini Mk3 from the Generic Flexi controller? I'm referring to the commands that you access by pressing Shift and '>', or Shift and 'SSM' from the Launchpad Mini Mk3, to move the selected 'grid' of clips. I'd like to have these commands at an easier access on my other controller (a Novation Lanch Control, small version).

Thanks as ever for the fantastic extension!

soulmedia wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:57 pm Hi Moss,

I'm using your extension to control my Launchkey Mini mk3, and I am trying to add another controller with the 'Generic Flexi'.
This works well so far, but I can't figure out one thing.
Is it possible to move the grid selection that shows for the Launchpad Mini Mk3 from the Generic Flexi controller? I'm referring to the commands that you access by pressing Shift and '>', or Shift and 'SSM' from the Launchpad Mini Mk3, to move the selected 'grid' of clips. I'd like to have these commands at an easier access on my other controller (a Novation Lanch Control, small version).

Thanks as ever for the fantastic extension!
No, they are separate for each controller.

moss wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:26 pm No, they are separate for each controller.
OK no worries - I'll try to figure out another way. Thanks again!

Hey Moss, I wanted to give you a bit of feedback after playing around with Flexi and trying to send MIDI values back to devices.

I asked a while ago because with Flexi a lot of the functions that toggle something only work for MIDI feedback when I change a state by mouse click. When I for example use the button mapped to "Transport: Play" with the Maschine Mk3 the play state was not updated on the LED, but pressing play with the mouse works. You responded that it's possible that there is a interferece with the color state change on some devices, I understood this like the messages reach the devices but get lost there.

Now I have the same behaviour with my Behringer X-Touch Mini with MIDI CCs and it's the same with my Launchpad Mini Mk2 for those buttons that send CCs.

I tried MIDI monitoring and the CCs are only sent back to the device when I change a state with the mouse. No MIDI messages leave Bitwig when I use the mapped buttons instead. Isn't this a bug then?

Hello,

because the Komplete Kontrol MK2 controller plugin isn't usable under Linux due to lack of the system services that Native Instruments provides for Windows and macOS, I enhanced my open source application 'qKontrol' with OSC support to communicate with the OSC controller plugin. It offers only a few basic features yet but it will be enhanced soon.

Just look at this posting for more details and a download link:

https://www.native-instruments.com/foru ... st-1895023
Do you want to use NI Komplete Kontrol MK2 controllers on Linux? Then check out the qKontrol project.

Just look at this posting for more details and a download link:
Sorry for OT I haven't account on NI forum.
Don't you want to share this great app? Just adding some license information - and it will be in repositories. And maybe it's time to put on some git* hosting :)

TVbene wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:32 pm Hey Moss, I wanted to give you a bit of feedback after playing around with Flexi and trying to send MIDI values back to devices.

I asked a while ago because with Flexi a lot of the functions that toggle something only work for MIDI feedback when I change a state by mouse click. When I for example use the button mapped to "Transport: Play" with the Maschine Mk3 the play state was not updated on the LED, but pressing play with the mouse works. You responded that it's possible that there is a interferece with the color state change on some devices, I understood this like the messages reach the devices but get lost there.

Now I have the same behaviour with my Behringer X-Touch Mini with MIDI CCs and it's the same with my Launchpad Mini Mk2 for those buttons that send CCs.

I tried MIDI monitoring and the CCs are only sent back to the device when I change a state with the mouse. No MIDI messages leave Bitwig when I use the mapped buttons instead. Isn't this a bug then?
Seems my previous answer was wrong. I looked into it again: since all controllers I tested toggle the LED state on the hardware, therefore if you send it back it gets toggled again and has the wrong state. Si I guess we need another option to also update when received from controller, right?

moss wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:04 pm Seems my previous answer was wrong. I looked into it again: since all controllers I tested toggle the LED state on the hardware, therefore if you send it back it gets toggled again and has the wrong state. Si I guess we need another option to also update when received from controller, right?
Would be fantastic! Nothing as fast as using Flexi, especially when LEDs are included.

Version 8.95 is online!

Get it from http://mossgrabers.de

Note that the documentation is now in its own repository:
https://github.com/git-moss/DrivenByMos ... /README.md
  • APC / APCmini
    • Fixed: Fixed a crash in Raindrop sequencer
  • Generic Flexi
    • New: Added option to send the LED value even when command is received from the device.
  • Launchpad
    • New: Poly Sequencer: Currently played sequencer notes are also lit on the play area
  • Komplete Kontrol Mk 1
    • Fixed: Modulation wheel did trigger button press of the main encoder
  • Mackie HUI:
    • Fixed: New command could not be triggered from footswitch
    • Fixed: Faders and knobs in simulator view did not work
  • Push 1/2
    • New: Poly Sequencer: Currently played sequencer notes are also lit on the play area
Enjoy!

I bought the novation zero sl mII, the one without the keyboard, but it isn't working in Bitwig. I configured it like in Jurgen's video but it isn't moving anything in Bitwig. When I for example press the mixer button on the controller it asks for automap. I installed automap, but still no luck...

Now automap is working, i see volume if i touch the faders, but still nothing moving in Bitwig.

Got it working ;)

Hi Moss,

For the launchpad mini mk3 in drum step sequencer mode:

- Is it possible to mute the each drum sound using the pads in the lower left corner?
- Is it possible to audition each drum sound in any away? Hitting the pads only select the drums.

Thanks for your feedback.

moss wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:07 pm [*]Generic Flexi
  • New: Added option to send the LED value even when command is received from the device.
Thanks a lot!!! But you were obviously right about the possible interferences:
It now works on my X-Touch Mini but only after I added a delay of around 100 ms to the MIDI out.
On the Launchpad Mini it works great!

Errortrax wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:26 pm Hi Moss,

For the launchpad mini mk3 in drum step sequencer mode:

- Is it possible to mute the each drum sound using the pads in the lower left corner?
- Is it possible to audition each drum sound in any away? Hitting the pads only select the drums.

Thanks for your feedback.
Sorry, no to both. Would need some more buttons for that.

Return to “Controller Scripting”