Kick 2 vs Trk 01 Kick

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Mushy Mushy wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:21 amBut why would somebody do that anyway?
Because no demo period will allow a new user to discover as much as someone who's been using the plugin for ages could tell. For instance, it would perhaps be of value to hear that someone seemed to have an extremely proficient workflow with plugin A, until plugin B turned everything on it's head. No demo period will allow someone to get a solid in-project workflow (NI demos are more workable, but the 14-day 'Kick 2' demo won't offer much opportunity for real comparison).

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:32 am
Mushy Mushy wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:21 amBut why would somebody do that anyway?
Because no demo period will allow a new user to discover as much as someone who's been using the plugin for ages could tell. For instance, it would perhaps be of value to hear that someone seemed to have an extremely proficient workflow with plugin A, until plugin B turned everything on it's head. No demo period will allow someone to get a solid in-project workflow (NI demos are more workable, but the 14-day 'Kick 2' demo won't offer much opportunity for real comparison).
Ok fine, I'm out. It's not my money or decision.

Personally I'd never buy anything without trying it first but perhaps that's just me.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Sim.Sky wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:17 am
Mushy Mushy wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:10 am I know my comment came off as rude but these questions absolutely baffle me. Do people buy stuff just because others like it? Apparently yes.
Well, if you could go into a retail store for plugins and you couldn't decide between this and that plugin, many people would probably also ask the staff for their opinions–even if there were computers with demos of both plugins. A forum is a place to communicate, and answers like "stop asking other people and go make your own assumptions" baffle me way more than those questions to be honest.
Going into a store, and buying a musical instruments without propering demoing it, and deciding for yourself whether or not it's the sound you're looking for is highly negligent.

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:32 am Because no demo period will allow a new user to discover as much as someone who's been using the plugin for ages could tell.
You don't need ages to tell whether something is for you or not. On the other hand, if someone else tells you that he likes that something, you will never know whether it is for you or not.

That said, the OP is of course free to ask anything. To buy a plugin or... anything... based on other's opinions is just brain dead, though. If you have the money that loose, you can also throw it out of the window.

Mushy Mushy wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:34 am
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:32 am
Ok fine, I'm out. It's not my money or decision.

Personally I'd never buy anything without trying it first but perhaps that's just me.
It's not just you! I didn't say that the op should buy without demoing. I just suggested that there might also be reasons why asking on the forums is worthwhile :shrug:

chk071 wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:53 am
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:32 am Because no demo period will allow a new user to discover as much as someone who's been using the plugin for ages could tell.
You don't need ages to tell whether something is for you or not.
But that's not what I'm talking about.

Asking for another opinion while demoing is one thing, but just collecting opinions without even trying the things in question is something quite different, no wonder people become plugin hoarders around here, it's whole ecosystem of this place, people ask how to live their lives and others happily provide the answers.

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:55 am It's not just you! I didn't say that the op should buy without demoing. I just suggested that there might also be reasons why asking on the forums is worthwhile :shrug:
We're starting to align then. I'm not saying a forum isn't without merit, of course it is useful. All I'm saying is have an informed opinion first and then use the forum to validate any assumptions.

I already own TRK - 01. Even though a lot people seem to look down on it. People are selling versions of it for a fiver. I have no experience with Kick2 but I did wonder what the differences are? I have seen it for sale in the forums for 25 bucks.

@Mushy Mushy
This is the newbie forum asking to have an informed opinion in the newbie forum is a bit rich

Mushy Mushy wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:01 am
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:55 am It's not just you! I didn't say that the op should buy without demoing. I just suggested that there might also be reasons why asking on the forums is worthwhile :shrug:
We're starting to align then. I'm not saying a forum isn't without merit, of course it is useful. All I'm saying is have an informed opinion first and then use the forum to validate any assumptions.
Perhaps the op doesn't want to sign-up with yet another company, hand over his/her email details, etc. etc. to demo a product, when a quick 'ask' on the forums might let them know that the alternative plugin is a pile of shit, and they're better off with what they have. There may be other perfectly valid reasons.

If you don't want to answer, for whatever reason, that's fine. However, I'm pretty sure that shaming people into not asking questions is not 'becoming' of a forum :shrug:

Rudegar wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:09 am I already own TRK - 01. Even though a lot people seem to look down on it. People are selling versions of it for a fiver. I have no experience with Kick2 but I did wonder what the differences are? I have seen it for sale in the forums for 25 bucks.
Now we're getting somewhere. The versions people are selling are the simplified version that only has the kick and it was given away free a while back. So IMO even at $5 it is overpriced.

See the difference when you direct your question? ;)

Re the differences: sadly we're back to the demo conversation. Suffice to say Kick2 offers LOTS more. Whether these features are relevant to you only you can know. Perhaps the Sonic Academy site will list them. Just a thought.

Rudegar wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:09 am I already own TRK - 01. Even though a lot people seem to look down on it. People are selling versions of it for a fiver. I have no experience with Kick2 but I did wonder what the differences are? I have seen it for sale in the forums for 25 bucks.
TRK-01 is fine for my needs, as a non-dance-music kinda guy. However, I've seen Mr.Bill using Kick2, and it looks way more flexible...especially if you want more control over the envelopes :tu:

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:15 am Perhaps the op doesn't want to sign-up with yet another company, hand over his/her email details, etc. etc. to demo a product, when a quick 'ask' on the forums might let them know that the alternative plugin is a pile of shit, and they're better off with what they have. There may be other perfectly valid reasons.

If you don't want to answer, for whatever reason, that's fine. However, I'm pretty sure that shaming people into not asking questions is not 'becoming' of a forum :shrug:
Fine. I have work to do anyway.

Best of luck to the OP.

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”