Best free EDM synths(x64)?

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Recently clean up huge amount of free vst and leave only most usable ones.
At this point my best free EDM synths i continue to use are Synth1 and T-Force alpha 1.5.
Easily could make what commercial do,if not something better,if you know how to squeeze them + external fx,but not sure what else could be added to the list as suitable for EDM.
Like to do stuff with Tal noisemaker,but not sure it can be described as EDM synth generally .
If have favorites and consider some free one as best for modern EDM,share your opinion or suggest some as nice addition to these two or to commercial ones you play with.
For example i love to use combination Sylenth1+V-Station +Synth1 +T-Force alpha 1.5 for Dance,Edm.
Air Hybryd 3 is cool and fit well too, but it's more for 90's sound(bought it for 1 euro,so it's like free:)
Firebird was my first big love,but it's 32bit only and hard to be edmized.
There is so many new ones i haven't explore yet, so please share something.

any VA, if you know how to program a synth

Surge

popular modern definition of EDM synth is at least two saw osc,7-8 detune voices unison,not every free one has it:)Surge is cool ya haven't spend much time with it yet,thanks:)
Last edited by VELLTONE MUSIC on Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dbl1
Last edited by VELLTONE MUSIC on Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

just wanna hear what people use among other synths,not trying to compare free vs commercial,but which free ones could be used let say with Sylenth1 and to add something or to replace it in some cases?
Last edited by VELLTONE MUSIC on Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VELLTONE MUSIC wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:17 pm popular modern definition of EDM synth is at least two saw osc,7-8 detune voices unison,not every free one has it:)Surge is cool ya haven't spend much time with it yet,thanks:)
What is definition of EDM anyways?

Sylenth1 and all modern synths :)Please don't start a ww3 at this topic :)Cheers :)

I'm asking about definition of the word EDM, what that means to you, so we can continue talking, for some it's what wikipedia states, for others is those festival bigroom/"progressive"/complextro bangers?

i'm old school,still call it dance music,kids will give a lot better definition of edm today,i like mishmash of styles,but if must describe it would be euro dance with trance and festival elements plus tribal,ethno or whatever spice you can add to the mix to make it interesting:)Prefer to listen other people definitions,don't have specific style in mind when do designer's stuff,more leave synth to give me inspiration or define the direction :)Cheers :)

VELLTONE MUSIC wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:17 pm popular modern definition of EDM synth is at least two saw osc,7-8 detune voices unison
thats just one sound, there are lots of other sounds in that music.... and you don't have to copy what everyone else is doing, you are free to use whatever sounds you like

VELLTONE MUSIC wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:37 pm i'm old school,still call it dance music,kids will give a lot better definition of edm today,i like mishmash of styles,but if must describe it would be euro dance with trance and festival elements plus tribal,ethno or whatever spice you can add to the mix to make it interesting:)Prefer to listen other people definitions,don't have specific style in mind when do designer's stuff,more leave synth to give me inspiration or define the direction :)Cheers :)
I seriously don't understand what you just said, some people refer to EDM as one popular festival genre and call other genres by their actual name, so it's like EDM, trance, house and whatever, other classify all Electronic Dance Music into it, it's that simple, so what are we talking about, synth for making festival bangerz or all different kinds of electronic music?

EDM isn't genre.
It's dance music made with synths,just labeled as synth made.
Edm must be electronic dance obviously.
Now you make me think what dance music mean actually:)
It could be made with acoustic instruments or natural sounds,whatever,but when become dance not let say pop.
What's your favorite free vst synth?
What kind of music you make?

Charlatan

AnX wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:03 pm
VELLTONE MUSIC wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:17 pm popular modern definition of EDM synth is at least two saw osc,7-8 detune voices unison
thats just one sound, there are lots of other sounds in that music.... and you don't have to copy what everyone else is doing, you are free to use whatever sounds you like
No i just point direction,modern synths give u so many options,especially wavetable ones,just free ones are not very capable in that direction and i usually use them because of something they have in their sound,character or features i miss in main synths,which will do themixed sound more interesting.
After so many presets i did for few commercial synths i start to rediscover quality free vst as really pleasant addition,especially in combination i mention above :)

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”