Drambo (modular groovebox and more)

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So it is still not out but it seems finally around the corner (i already posted something about it in the modular forum).
At least you already can see what it is and a manual.
There is already an app store link but it send you to another one of his (Beepstreet) apps, lol. So not ready to buy yet.
But it means it cannot be too far away now.
Maybe my most awaited iOS app ever. Maybe even one of my most awaited music software ever. This will be another one i will miss on my mac for sure. http://www.beepstreet.com/ios/drambo
more infos, demos, videos etc.
https://wiki.audiob.us/beepstreet_drambo

Looks interesting. Depending on the price, I might pick this up.

Forgotten wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:12 pm Looks interesting. Depending on the price, I might pick this up.
I saw there was talk about 15 (maybe intro) or so but it also could be more.
I mean it is worth much more ....for me.
But yeah, those little things, using gyroscope to create a theremin and so is what i like about those iOS tools. The most versatile music tool ever.

$15 seems like the right price for this, so that's good by me if that's what it turns out to be.

Forgotten wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:25 pm $15 seems like the right price for this, so that's good by me if that's what it turns out to be.
I would find it almost too cheap for that. I mean this comes with over 120 modules, FX, midi FX, polyphonic and stereo path troughout, MPE, Impaktor like thing and whatever.
But the iOS market works different anyway.
I mean i got Reaktor for 100 which is cheap too but i just hate using it and everything takes ages there. It might have 1000 things more but also miss a few parts i see here.
So this is maybe the closest to Reaktor blocks but made for multi-touch and use all the things coming with iOS devices like gyroscope and whatever.
I guess the DSP will be great (at least it already comes with ZDF-filters and more to come) when i judge Beepstreets Dagger, Zeeon and some others.
And i guess i can run a lot modules on even old devices.
Of course it will be not for everyone but for me it will replace 90% of my iOS apps and maybe even 80% of my plug-ins :D
I don´t know why but these iOS apps are just more fun and feels more like future compared to the old desktop dinosaurs workflow.

Cinebient wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:08 pm
Forgotten wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:25 pm $15 seems like the right price for this, so that's good by me if that's what it turns out to be.
I would find it almost too cheap for that. I mean this comes with over 120 modules, FX, midi FX, polyphonic and stereo path troughout, MPE, Impaktor like thing and whatever.
I mean i got Reaktor for 100 which is cheap too but i just hate using it and everything takes ages there. It might have 1000 things more but also miss a few parts i see here.
So this is maybe the closest to Reaktor blocks but made for multi-touch and use all the things coming with iOS devices like gyroscope and whatever.
I guess the DSP will be great (at least it already comes with ZDF-filters and more to come) when i judge Beepstreets Dagger, Zeeon and some others.
Of course it will be not for everyone but for me it will replace 90% of my iOS apps and maybe even 80% of my plug-ins :D
I don´t know why but these iOS apps are just more fun and feels more like future compared to the old desktop dinosaurs workflow.
The Sequencer part of Drambo looks pretty cool... like an Elektron box in software but even expands on the Elektron concept... though I really like physical controls much better cause I can do stuff without having to look which touchscreen requires so I doubt it would replace my Elektron boxes in terms of sheer fluid creative feeling in the moment. Still looks fun to explore since it is a cheap price.

The sound design part does not seem more fluid than just using my mouse with say Bitwig's Grid. Maybe even less so. Since the modules are themselves fairly simple in Drambo, it will take multiple modules to create some basic stuff. Already on the walkthrough video, with a not very complex sound, it was requiring scrolling back and forth to reach different modules. Also, in some cases, wires are faster.

Nothing I've heard from Drambo sounds as good as Reaktor Blocks/Racks. So far, sound wise, I'm not impressed. Reaktor has fantastic sound quality (and frustrating workflow)

Also, Drambo does not allow feedback loops so you cannot say feed the signal of the filter back into itself. Same limitation in Bitwig's Grid which is a bummer.

Actually, I would say Drambo and Bitwig's Grid are more similar than Drambo and Reaktor Blocks.

pdxindy wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:22 am
Cinebient wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:08 pm
The Sequencer part of Drambo looks pretty cool... like an Elektron box in software but even expands on the Elektron concept... though I really like physical controls much better cause I can do stuff without having to look which touchscreen requires so I doubt it would replace my Elektron boxes in terms of sheer fluid creative feeling in the moment. Still looks fun to explore since it is a cheap price.

The sound design part does not seem more fluid than just using my mouse with say Bitwig's Grid. Maybe even less so. Since the modules are themselves fairly simple in Drambo, it will take multiple modules to create some basic stuff. Already on the walkthrough video, with a not very complex sound, it was requiring scrolling back and forth to reach different modules. Also, in some cases, wires are faster.

Nothing I've heard from Drambo sounds as good as Reaktor Blocks/Racks. So far, sound wise, I'm not impressed. Reaktor has fantastic sound quality (and frustrating workflow)

Also, Drambo does not allow feedback loops so you cannot say feed the signal of the filter back into itself. Same limitation in Bitwig's Grid which is a bummer.

Actually, I would say Drambo and Bitwig's Grid are more similar than Drambo and Reaktor Blocks.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwWfTAw ... lvDFHd7t68
giq

Its out now...

I would not compare this to Reaktor or Bitwig, its more like Ableton Live racks on steroids (audio rate modulation, multiport connections)
giq

Cinebient wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:18 pm Its out now...
$20 intro price (30% off)

A little more than I thought it would be, but still pretty good for what it is. Will probably buy it later this evening.

Would be lovely to have this app posted to macOS 😉

Atlatnesiti wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:20 pm Would be lovely to have this app posted to macOS 😉
Definitely! Especially if you can save creations from both to iCloud and share them.

Bought it. I think I’ll have to spend some time with it to get to know it better

Please posts your impressions when you get the chance... :tu:

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”