Text to speech: rhythmic but unpitched (e.g. rap lyrics)?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

What software can do text-to-speech with rhythm, but without pitch, for rap lyrics, for example. Vocaloid does rhythm, but the words are pitched, so unsuitable for rap music. (I've watched Vocaloid's tutorials for doing rap lyrics, but I don't like the results.) And then there's normal text-to-speech software, which gives unpitched results that would work for me, but those programs don't let you control rhythm, as far as I've seen.

Rap is not unpitched. You'll find it very flat an unconvincing if you try to do rap without any change in pitch.

Forgotten wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:43 pm Rap is not unpitched. You'll find it very flat an unconvincing if you try to do rap without any change in pitch.
Thanks for being no help. I know what rap sounds like. I suppose you feel Vocaloid is the best solution for rap, which you'd know is a stupid opinion if you listened to Vocaloid rapping.

No matter the topic on the forum, busy-bodies chime in with their idiocy.

I'm here asking for software recommendations, and you didn't even try. Lecture someone else about what rap sounds like.
Last edited by MusicProgrammer on Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Well you’re not going to get much help from anyone here with a piss poor attitude like that.

Forgotten wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:04 am Well you’re not going to get much help from anyone here with a piss poor attitude like that.
I'm happy to repel the 99% idiots here so I can focus on replies that are on-topic from the 1% I hope might be reading. Go wank somewhere else.

Return to “Instruments”