Is Echoboy still your top 3 ? I am thinking to buy Objeq delay ...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I heard a lot of good things and watched number of demo videos in utube. However, although Objeq delay has less knobs for tweaking but the physical modelling objects caught my eyes & ears. Please if you guys can give me some suggestions on buying my first creative delay plugins. I am also open to other suggestions.

Thanks guys
Cowby

I’ve completely replaced Echoboy with ValhallaDelay.

use your stock delay instead

Buy Exponential Excalibur. Top Quality delay and multi FX for $10 Now at Plugin Boutique.
Absolute no brainer.
Long time Echoboy user here, but I've been using it less and less and it def wouldn't be the first one
on my list to buy in 2020

Another vote for valhalla delay , it's a swiss army knif , character plugin , subtle tape effect ( no delay , no feedback ) etc ;
Best 50 euro's ever spend
Exponential audio seems verry good , but not to keen on izotope c.r. system
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Valhalla Delay <-> Echoboy
Replika XT
D16 Tekturon (if electronic music)
Excalibur for $10 is very nice

ColourCopy (coloration, analog, ducking, and time modulation) and EchoBoy (can be a bit more complex if you want) for quick and great results through workflow. Kilohearts Multipass for creative multi tinkering. I like Objec Delay but find its use cases limited personally.

Whatever you choose, make sure you know it inside and out and it'll be your go-to.

vitocorleone123 wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:02 am Valhalla Delay <-> Echoboy
Replika XT
D16 Tekturon (if electronic music)
Excalibur for $10 is very nice
This is my same ranking, but I demoed Excalibur and hate hate hate the way the UI is set up.

Objeq is like none of the other delays people mentioned so far; the physical-modeling stage really is completely original, and it is AAS's improved modal-network. I was fiddling around with it a few nights ago and when you tune the frequency of the membrane or string or whatever to your music, loooovely things begin to happen. It depends on the kind of sounds you make and want!

I can't fault the other suggestions, though, for being good all-purpose delay machines. I mean Echoboy is on almost every track I do, but not always as a delay, maybe just a saturator, or just the Dispersion.. as well as stock delays for standard tasks.

EchoBoy is still my favorite plugin of all time.

Buy NI Replika XT. It's teh bestest (at least I don't know another delay which sounds as good as it). Very easy and straight forward to use as well.

I think have too many delay plug ins, but I'm always using different ones and chopping / changing. Different delays can produce different results. Really depends on the type of track i'm working on. Echoboy will always be in my top 3. I think...
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

I have Objeq delay and it's really amazing. You should get it, but you should wait for it to go on sale first. As much as I like it and everything else in the AAS catalog, $139 is too much for it.

Objeq is amazing.

Echoboy is too... Needs a GUI update.

Replika XT is flawless besides CPU usage.

Sandman Pro is fun as heck.

Go.

Thanks all for your valuable advises. And I almost forgot I have EArebound which I love this guy very much. However, speaking about creative delay plugin, I still think OD is still have its edge. Other big boys like U-HE color copy, UVI replayer and echoboys are all stunning and full featured plugins but they are not that "creative" to me. I mean they are all versatile but the physical modelling feature in OD I couldn't find similar stuff in other plugin. Let's hope it will be on sale and $99 (saw it somewhere 2 days ago) still a bit expensive to me.

Regards!
Cowby

Return to “Effects”