Black Rooster Audio offers the #STAYHOME BUNDLE

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Burillo wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:46 pm
well, if you put plugins one after the other, you get that. i'm not sure it's 100% equivalent though, because while the filters are completely passive, both the MEQ-5 and the EQP-1A have amps (unless MEQ-5 is completely passive as well, and the amp is just clean digital gain?).
i guess but logistically you still have to do a plugin-window dance

Ploki wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:37 pm Too bad, also, how?
Pretty sure that's just referring to loading both plugins on the same track/bus. In Logic you could, for example, load both plugins to a bus, set up smart controls, and save as a template. Not sure how it works in other DAWs, but I'd be surprised if they can't facilitate something similar.

derschönekarsten wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:14 pm Pretty sure that's just referring to loading both plugins on the same track/bus. In Logic you could, for example, load both plugins to a bus, set up smart controls, and save as a template. Not sure how it works in other DAWs, but I'd be surprised if they can't facilitate something similar.
i thought about that exactly, but then you need to load it first - because smart controls are tied to the channel strip.

Burillo wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:46 pm
Ploki wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:37 pm
BlackRooster wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:44 am
Not planned, as it can be achieved with the DAW's capabilities. Sorry.
Too bad, also, how?
well, if you put plugins one after the other, you get that. i'm not sure it's 100% equivalent though, because while the filters are completely passive, both the MEQ-5 and the EQP-1A have amps (unless MEQ-5 is completely passive as well, and the amp is just clean digital gain?).
I have it set up in StudioOne and Repaer as an FX Chain, so I can drag the whole thing to any track. My guess is that this is also possible in other DAWs as it is a rather standard feature. I haven't used ProTools in about 5 years, but I think there was a way I did that as well.
For instance, I create all my FX chains with Nebula so I don't have to go and set it up every time I load it onto a track. It saves me hours and hundreds of mouse clicks...
“In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.”

Me being me i had to put them through plugin doctor.
Do they all employ a rather gentle DC filter?

Also i couldn't help myself - just bought the bundle.
These sound SO. SO. SWEET. :o

@Blackrooster

Will Stayhome Bundle owners be treated like normal customers when it comes to future upgrade prices to new plugins ?

Also, are you Andre Kirchner ? If so, I always thought your plugins were coded by Raimund Dratwa, whose earlier/other work I really appreciated. But you said you have hardware and measurement equipment, so I'm wondering if you both code the plugins ?
And I also wonder if you coded plugins prior to Blackrooster and if so which plugins did you work on ?

Dip200 wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:24 pm @Blackrooster

Will Stayhome Bundle owners be treated like normal customers when it comes to future upgrade prices to new plugins ?

Also, are you Andre Kirchner ? If so, I always thought your plugins were coded by Raimund Dratwa, whose earlier/other work I really appreciated. But you said you have hardware and measurement equipment, so I'm wondering if you both code the plugins ?
And I also wonder if you coded plugins prior to Blackrooster and if so which plugins did you work on ?
I find the second part a bit of a strange question tbh. There are trial version to test if you like them or not.

I find your remarks a bit stupid tbh. I just want to know a little bit about the background of BlackRooster mainly because I appreeciate the work of R. Dratwa. The questions have nothing to do with my descision to buy BlackRooster licenses or not.

Also you don't need to quote a complete post if you reply directly beneath it.

Honestly, I'm also curious about the same things as Dip200.
I already bought the bundle so it has absolutely no impact on that.

Dip200 wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:59 pm ......

I have often started to respond to someone and by the time I hit submit someone has posted since the post I was responding to, I therefore now often include the original post to what I am replying to.
rsp
sound sculptist

@zvenx
Doesnt happen to often tho. Also, you could prepare posts in a text file if it takes long to write them and refresh the website before posting. And you could delete long quotes afterwards,too. But alteast you seem to edit/cut down quotes to the relevant parts which makes them no so long and perfectly fine.

My favourite people are those who make the first reply to long announcement threads (like new plugin releases on gearslutz) and quote the whole thing and then only add a sentence like "omg nice". :) Just to be clear, quotes are important but often overused. Buy anyways, this is not a thread about quotes.

@Blackrooster Meine Fragen zu Ihnen bzw. Ihrer Firma waren Smalltalkmässig gemeint, keine Testfragen :)

Could've kept it in English :v

Deutsch ist aber eindeutig die vornehmere Wahl - Königin hin oder her... :P :hihi:
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

aber nicht alles spricht es und es ist ein internationales forum

this is where my german skills end, can we move on now :D

Dip200 wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:59 pm I find your remarks a bit stupid tbh. I just want to know a little bit about the background of BlackRooster mainly because I appreeciate the work of R. Dratwa. The questions have nothing to do with my descision to buy BlackRooster licenses or not.

How you phrased your question sounds like a questioning and actually not very polite to the developer. I found that a bit strange. Wanted to make just aware of it, maybe it was not your intention. That's all.

Return to “Effects”