Massive X 1.2 is out

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Massive X

If you're serious about wavetable import in Massive X, you can always make a feature request here: https://support.native-instruments.com/ ... 1512867804

Other than that, Massive X of course doesn't have all the features other synths have. And other synths don't have the features Massive X has. Naturally. I don't know if wavetable import fit in the developers' concept anyway. I have a feeling that it didn't, and it won't in future versions.

Apart from wavetables, Massive X holds some extra data related to formants etc. for different read modes. It's not so simple just to drag & drop wavetable and expect all the features to work out of the box.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

chk071 wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:58 am I have a request to you: Add something useful to a discussion. Just once. Thx.
Back at you, jackass.
Why are you tolerated...?

Honestly, that you feel so comfortable trolling me 'trolling' this thread by my simply mentioning the number one most screamed request for a decade is grosss.
And now two of you gaslight the discussion as if we are crazy for thinking a wavetable synth maybe oughta load wavetables....

The NI subsidies are f**king up these threads.
Last edited by highkoo on Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImage

Maybe, because, unlike you, I actually have something to add to the discussion sometimes. Apart from sarcastic hate comments.

Maybe print out the NI logo, and stomp on it, or something. Might help with anger management. ;)

Youre very comfortable believing your continuous attacks on other users are justified by your 'contributions'.
From my point of view, your greatest contribution to KvR is maintaining the NI market share here.

For the record, Ive been a huge fan of NI since probably before you knew who they were.
And it is really only the actions of people like you, following the release of this insult, that have burned up so much of the good will towards NI.
Last edited by highkoo on Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImage

highkoo wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:31 pm Youre very comfortable believing your continuous attacks on other users are justified by your 'contributions'.
Report me if you want to. You're totally entitled to do that, if you believe that I broke a rule on this site (I don't think so, but, who knows?).

Actually, that would be much more useful than your typical sarcastic "nothing will change ever anyway, so I'll just take a piss on the company" posts here.

DJ Warmonger wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:26 pm Apart from wavetables, Massive X holds some extra data related to formants etc. for different read modes. It's not so simple just to drag & drop wavetable and expect all the features to work out of the box.
I suspected something like that, that is MX wavetables are adapted to the rest of its engine so throwing in some random garbage instead of the factory wavetables is just not going to work.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

chk071 wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:36 pm
highkoo wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:31 pm Youre very comfortable believing your continuous attacks on other users are justified by your 'contributions'.
Report me if you want to. You're totally entitled to do that, if you believe that I broke a rule on this site (I don't think so, but, who knows?).

Actually, that would be much more useful than your typical sarcastic "nothing will change ever anyway, so I'll just take a piss on the company" posts here.
Cool, Im sure we can all look forward to more of your 'within the boundaries' attacks on anyone critical of your bosses.

Here is my next to last post here;
highkoo wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:56 pm lfo phase yet?
If you take that as a sarcastic piss on the company, I think it says a lot about.. you, this synth, and NI. But yea, the sarcastic posts started after your ridiculous behavior in defense of this thing. It was obviousl that you were guarding the threads against any critical discussions.
Very very obvious. It was discussed openly.
Here you are. :)
ImageImageImageImage

chk071 wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:51 am If you're serious about wavetable import in Massive X, you can always make a feature request here: https://support.native-instruments.com/ ... 1512867804

Other than that, Massive X of course doesn't have all the features other synths have. And other synths don't have the features Massive X has. Naturally. I don't know if wavetable import fit in the developers' concept anyway. I have a feeling that it didn't, and it won't in future versions.
My impression is that user wavetables is not something NI would consider.

Massive X just has too many limitations for it to be a regularly used synth for me anyway. I like the basic quality of the sound engine, but otherwise it is one of the least useful synths I have. No midi learn, cannot use it with Bitwig's modulations system, cannot do sound design with a midi controller, no Poly AT, expression pedal, breath support, no MPE, the worst browser in any of my regularly used plugins.

pdxindy wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:10 pm Massive X just has too many limitations for it to be a regularly used synth for me anyway. I like the basic quality of the sound engine, but otherwise it is one of the least useful synths I have. No midi learn, cannot use it with Bitwig's modulations system, cannot do sound design with a midi controller, no Poly AT, expression pedal, breath support, no MPE, the worst browser in any of my regularly used plugins.
Yeh, but to be fair they did replace a static picture of a generic ADSR envelope with one that actualy reflects what’s dialled in :wink:
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

I have some u-he's synths and NI Komplete synths and if I do a sound from scratch, Massive X is my favorite. Usability is great, sound is great (filters are as good as Diva's and Repro's), it can sound analogue and very modern, everything is possible. Making sounds in that synth is very fast and intuitive. Strong FX, flexible routing. Only the preset browser is bad, almost not existing. Even if you use the Komplete Kontrol software it's stil bad for presets browsing.
Comparing it to cheaper synths like Iris or Synthmaster, they are worse soundwise.
I don't own Omnisphere, Falcon or Avenger, but I've played with them on other people's machines. They are not as intuitive to use and use a lot of tabs. They are more flexible, but are not as fast to use.

:tu:

One thing I would hope for though is that they display parameter values. Especially for choosing the oscillators' waveforms, it's very difficult to choose a "pure" waveform with just the graphical display of the waveform.

i tried to use Massive X Demo v1.2.1 with the latest version of Reaper(v.6.08)
and whenever i morph the waveform with the knob it crashes Reaper for some reason.
Am i the only one experiencing this? it's barely usable for me. :(

edit: it also crashes Ableton Live Lite v10.1.9.
SoundCloud
"I believe every music producer inherently has something unique about the way they make music. They just have to identify what makes them different, and develop it" - Max Martin

Works just fine here in Reaper, Live, FL20, S1v4, Reason 11...

chk071 wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:39 am :tu:

One thing I would hope for though is that they display parameter values. Especially for choosing the oscillators' waveforms, it's very difficult to choose a "pure" waveform with just the graphical display of the waveform.
They never did it in the original Massive and I rather doubt they will do it with Massive X.

Add the lack of parameter display and lack of undo and it can be impossible to get back to what you had if you edit something.

Return to “Instruments”