Toneboosters Dual VCF

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://www.toneboosters.com/tb_dualvcf_v1.html

This has already become my go to filter after a few hours, if it had notch filters it would be my most used plugin (Neuros,DnB etc) hopefully he adds those because it has everything else needed to be the holy grail bass music filter, drawable modulation, huge selection of filters (No notches ahhhhhhh lol) the usual super slick/simple Toneboosters UX, ridiculously cheap price.
9 out of 10 (Saving that tenth star for a notch)
Duh

Interesting...Are any Zero Delay Feedback filters included?

- Mario

I rarely have use for filters, let alone complicated modulated ones, but for 19 bucks this is pretty much unavoidable, as I am pretty much a TB fanboy in general :)

fese wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:18 am I rarely have use for filters, let alone complicated modulated ones, but for 19 bucks this is pretty much unavoidable, as I am pretty much a TB fanboy in general :)
Same here, I only missed Enhancer (still not convinced about it) but my arsenal was missing a solid filter plugin (after Tone2 filter plugins like Filterbank and BiFilter, quite cool in my opinion).

I.cannot.pass.on.this, especially because I've a feeling that additional filters will be added in future releases :)

- Mario

Any thoughts on the saturation? Is it just a waveshaper or is this a Drop competitor?

Bought without demoing ( it's toneboosters after all :lol: ) , already received my serial number , but
Why is there no installation path ?
I unticked all the plugins I already have ...yet vcf does not show up
I'm on win , 64 bit

I miss the good old times of just drag/drop the dll into the vst foder
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

gentleclockdivider wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:32 pm I miss the good old times of just drag/drop the dll into the vst foder
...but he still provides portable install files does he not?

edit: https://www.toneboosters.com/changelog.html
Last edited by Kr3eM on Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

There are only installers i that package , no dll's
I have my serial , I just need the vcf.dll , or at least the option to give an install path
Damn it :(

Did you guys get an installation path ?
Eyeball exchanging

gentleclockdivider wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:44 pm There are only installers i that package , no dll's
I have my serial , I just need the vcf.dll , or at least the option to give an install path
Damn it :(

Did you guys get an installation path ?
the direct link did not work for some reason,,, go here and download the Windows portable
https://www.toneboosters.com/changelog.html

Found it
For those wondering , it onthis page
https://www.toneboosters.com/changelog.html
Registered and good to go

Two minutes of playing
Filters sound o.k. , but it's no cytomic the drop quality
-Only serial routing , no parallel
-No filter fm
-Two lfos share the same speed

-fastest lfo speed 10 hz ..lame :o ( can be remedied by inserting more breakpoints )

Summary ..a verry simple dual filter ..worth 20 bucks ...dunno
Last edited by gentleclockdivider on Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eyeball exchanging

After playing abit longer , I have to say I am not really impressed and dislike the filters ( just my 2 cents )
The resonance sounds dull at higher frequency , verry tame ., except the extreme filter
The overdrive appears to be POST filter and not part of the filter topology , iow it's doesn't sound like an overdrive filter like in the drop
And I forgot I can already do everything in zebrify ...oh well ..better next time
First toneboosters purchase I feel meh about
Eyeball exchanging

/* whitenoise */
Last edited by noiseresearch on Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
/* whitenoise */ /* abandon */ /* reincarnated */

gentleclockdivider wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:26 pm
The overdrive appears to be POST filter and not part of the filter topology
Huh? What makes you think so? It's clearly filter distortion and its whole character greatly varies depending on the filter type - juddging by ist behaviour I assume it has been modelled with painstaking accuracy.

Why I certainly hope it will grow over time, I personally I think it's already great and to me it sounds awesome.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

/* whitenoise */
Last edited by noiseresearch on Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
/* whitenoise */ /* abandon */ /* reincarnated */

I guess this might be psychoacoustics at work - I think the filter bands certainly need an output trim each in order to compensate for gain loss, of which there may be plenty, depending on the settings… but so far I tested it with guitar and believe me: the drive is far from being ordinary.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Return to “Effects”