Lets see some studio pics

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
65015 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Post Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:44 pm

ooh psychedlic! 8)


and :lol: id forgot id put cthulus in here!

User avatar
pekbro
KVRAF
2932 posts since 29 Sep, 2010 from Maui

Re: Lets see some studio pics

Post Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:11 pm

vurt wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:42 pm
:party: its tuned!!!
Screenshot_20200316-223951_Gallery.jpg
Nice, kinda similar looking to one of my guitars...
MyGuitar.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
thecontrolcentre
KVRAF
27411 posts since 27 Jul, 2005 from the wilds of wanny

Re: Lets see some studio pics

Post Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:15 pm

My Lyra-8 arrived today. A bit of an impulse buy but I love it already. :hyper: Will help to keep me creative during the lockdown. I've been home alone for 3 weeks already.

tcc_lyra-8_01_web.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

synthoid
KVRer
1 posts since 6 Apr, 2020

Re: Lets see some studio pics

Post Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:18 pm

Image

My humble "in the box studio" that doubles as my work machine when I move out the midi controller :)

iMac Pro with iPad via Sidecar
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
Genelec 8020d with 7040a sub
NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk2
Korg NanoKontrol 2

User avatar
Googly Smythe
KVRAF
2869 posts since 12 May, 2011 from Albion

Re: Lets see some studio pics

Post Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:27 pm

I was standing with my back to the wall to take this picture!
20200414_022100a.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bandcamp - Soundcloud
What is life without a little whimsy?

User avatar
Ghostwave
KVRAF
1594 posts since 1 Mar, 2010 from Paris

Re: Lets see some studio pics

Post Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:44 pm

Image

My current setup. It hasn't changed much over the years.
ghostwaveaudio.com | soundsets for Synplant, Sylenth1, Diva and more

User avatar
djboomstick
KVRist
146 posts since 25 Feb, 2006 from Bergen

Re: Lets see some studio pics

Post Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:41 am

built my self a little guitar rig rack out of scrap cedar and leftover rack rails from other projects.
it's hard to get photos in the studio . low light all day .
the stereo amp is wired to a pair of old jukebox doors with a 12" speaker in each door . that's the diamond patterns sitting on the carpet in the background . need to do more wiring with it after lunch.
direct sound can be taken for recording form any of nearly a dozen different points between pedals and racks .
allowing for the stain to dry overnight its a small 2 day build , but its a great convenience upgrade to get the guitar stuff out of the main rack .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

elxsound
KVRAF
5820 posts since 18 Aug, 2007 from NYC

Re: Lets see some studio pics

Post Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:57 am

Ghostwave wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:44 pm
Image

My current setup. It hasn't changed much over the years.
I love that you're rocking the Kore 2 controller... I love/loved Kore 2. I bought a used Kore 2 from eBay but had to send it back because it suffered from a terrible drift problem from possible 2 defective pots?

Now I'm faced with possibly upgrading to Catalina for side car and future compatibility (which would be great for digital art/photo editing + iPad), but I lose Kore 2, which I've phased out over the years... but damn, that was (and still is) an amazing system.

User avatar
Ghostwave
KVRAF
1594 posts since 1 Mar, 2010 from Paris

Re: Lets see some studio pics

Post Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:05 pm

elxsound wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:57 am
I love that you're rocking the Kore 2 controller... I love/loved Kore 2. I bought a used Kore 2 from eBay but had to send it back because it suffered from a terrible drift problem from possible 2 defective pots?

Now I'm faced with possibly upgrading to Catalina for side car and future compatibility (which would be great for digital art/photo editing + iPad), but I lose Kore 2, which I've phased out over the years... but damn, that was (and still is) an amazing system.
I agree it's still a superb piece of software/hardware even though it's been discontinued for 9 (!) years already. I don't know much Maschine and the Komplete Kontrol stuff but is there anything else in which you can so easily layer sounds and effect settings from any other plugin and morph between them?
I'm still on Windows 7 and the Kore 2 controller gave me a few BSOD but reinstalling the driver fixed the issue. I think it works on Windows 10 as well. I'll be sad the day I can't use it anymore.
ghostwaveaudio.com | soundsets for Synplant, Sylenth1, Diva and more

elxsound
KVRAF
5820 posts since 18 Aug, 2007 from NYC

Re: Lets see some studio pics

Post Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:18 pm

Ghostwave wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:05 pm
elxsound wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:57 am
I love that you're rocking the Kore 2 controller... I love/loved Kore 2. I bought a used Kore 2 from eBay but had to send it back because it suffered from a terrible drift problem from possible 2 defective pots?

Now I'm faced with possibly upgrading to Catalina for side car and future compatibility (which would be great for digital art/photo editing + iPad), but I lose Kore 2, which I've phased out over the years... but damn, that was (and still is) an amazing system.
I agree it's still a superb piece of software/hardware even though it's been discontinued for 9 (!) years already. I don't know much Maschine and the Komplete Kontrol stuff but is there anything else in which you can so easily layer sounds and effect settings from any other plugin and morph between them?
I'm still on Windows 7 and the Kore 2 controller gave me a few BSOD but reinstalling the driver fixed the issue. I think it works on Windows 10 as well. I'll be sad the day I can't use it anymore.
I hope that day never comes!! I think you're good for a long while with 64bit compatibility on Windows. Shit... can't believe that its been 9 years since it was discontinued.

User avatar
thecontrolcentre
KVRAF
27411 posts since 27 Jul, 2005 from the wilds of wanny

Re: Lets see some studio pics

Post Sun Apr 19, 2020 1:24 pm

tcc_studio_synths_2020_web.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
pekbro
KVRAF
2932 posts since 29 Sep, 2010 from Maui

Re: Lets see some studio pics

Post Sun Apr 19, 2020 2:48 pm

^^ Dude you're doing pretty well in the having lots of cool stuff thing. :tu:

User avatar
thecontrolcentre
KVRAF
27411 posts since 27 Jul, 2005 from the wilds of wanny

Re: Lets see some studio pics

Post Sun Apr 19, 2020 3:02 pm

pekbro wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 2:48 pm
^^ Dude you're doing pretty well in the having lots of cool stuff thing. :tu:
Its one of the upsides of being single, with grown up non-dependent kids. I can usually treat myself to some nice gear every few years. 8)

Winstontaneous
KVRAF
1821 posts since 15 Feb, 2006 from Berkeley, CA

Re: Lets see some studio pics

Post Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:52 am

Ghostwave wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:44 pm
Image

My current setup. It hasn't changed much over the years.
Is that a Korg RADIAS rack? Almost bought a RADIAS back in the day, always kinda wish I did.

User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
65015 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Re: Lets see some studio pics

Post Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:57 am

thecontrolcentre wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 3:02 pm
pekbro wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 2:48 pm
^^ Dude you're doing pretty well in the having lots of cool stuff thing. :tu:
Its one of the upsides of being single, with grown up non-dependent kids. I can usually treat myself to some nice gear every few years. 8)
who knew tesco did synths? :hihi:

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”