[PreSonus Studio One] Music | Design | Film | VFX Production Resource

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Professional

:tu:

Went out tonight on my bike to pick up some shopping, actually more shopping than I typically ever do at my local store. Pretty much straining my lower back due to a spinal injury I sustained 10 years ago and regularly need to keep in check by keeping fit. At the checkout whilst I had a conversation with the young girl serving me, the words we shared were that of.. 'Mad World'. On my journey home whilst the largest moon of the year was obscured by clouds as the sun had already set and darkness quickly fell, I recalled the same words from a piece of music which I had not heard for a long time... I've posted this on page 1 of this thread... There's many other things I've added to page one in the past week... many in fact relating to the creating worlds digitally in 3D, including a cool 3D tree generator program you can use with 3D apps... Quite a few big applications have been added, like DAZ3D and Unity among many others which I've never heard of before....Other than that, there is an absolute ton ( over 120 , yes over 120 free creative programs !!!! ) to check out, of which I've hunted and filtered down in the past few days.. :-)

70K already...I see with this thread, that's 8K in the past month.
Last edited by THE INTRANCER on Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

THE INTRANCER wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:56 pm
trusampler wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:33 pm What's crazy is if I drag the wave file from S1 browser to the desktop, then drag from the desktop to vsti mpc software, it works! ;( So it's exactly the same issue that was and still is going on in Cubase mediabay with certain apps. Not sure if you we're around for that debacle when C4 was released, with mediabay and all.

Other daws, like Bitwig,Ableton,Reaper, it all just works fine using their own browsers.
This might be a silly question and I'd assume that you've already tried it, but instead of actually trying to drag and drop to the pad, is dragging and dropping to the waveform area where the waveform is displayed, possible inside Studio One ? If not, it's worth trying the method of simply dragging the sample waveform from the Studio One browser to the arrangement track and simply dragging the sample from there to the MPC software VST.

With the free TX16WX Sampler VST plugin, that's how you can do it all inside Studio One, without needing to drag to the desktop and to copy back from there as you've found, which I'd imagine is fiddly, messy and annoying. The plugin looks to have been updated to something more modern from when I last looked at it.. (more modern from the version I'm using atm) and it's free.. March 19th 2020 latest update... https://www.tx16wx.com/
Right, that does not work either, as I've tried this.
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

trusampler wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:21 am Right, that does not work either, as I've tried this.
I'm pretty sure that this route would be available to you as an alternative way to use the MPC software with Studio One so they co-exist more seamlessly. Simply create a browser tab / folder location in Studio One's Browser 'File Tab' so you can then copy over what sample content you want from the Studio One arrangement and set the same path for the directory with the MPC software. Then you can drag over whatever other content to the MPC Pads you want that will actually work. It's two steps in the process but at least it will be more organised with a common folder you can access, rather than using the desktop. If you use more than PC / or laptop connected to a network, you could use a cloud option such as Dropbox for another Tab in Studio One.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

Is it possible in Studio One 4 to turn off option so that plugin's window will not open when adding it to the project?

middle_color wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:21 am Is it possible in Studio One 4 to turn off option so that plugin's window will not open when adding it to the project?
I don't think that's a possible option at this time. Anyways, I'm not sure what the benefit of this would be.

The problem is Presonus, doesn't allow Studio One to work with 3rd party software correctly. For example, if I have a loop inside the arranger, and I want to chop it up, then drag it to the Mpc software, or let's say battery 3,since it's been out forever. Studio One doesn't allow it. Same thing goes for my drag n drop from the S1 browser to the mpc softwares pads.
Now, if I try this with Impact, it works. This is a half baked solution for customers who have years of experience with other software.
Their atom hardware, will frankly never be an Mpc, or battery, so instead of overlooking, or crippling drag n drop on purpose, Presonus should allow the software to work with each other. Especially when it'll help sales with happy customers.
I purchased S1 when it was first released, and all Ive ever requested was that it work with the software I use. Meanwhile, other daws support it no problems.
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

trusampler wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:24 am The problem is Presonus, doesn't allow Studio One to work with 3rd party software correctly. For example, if I have a loop inside the arranger, and I want to chop it up, then drag it to the Mpc software, or let's say battery 3,since it's been out forever. Studio One doesn't allow it. Same thing goes for my drag n drop from the S1 browser to the mpc softwares pads.
Now, if I try this with Impact, it works. This is a half baked solution for customers who have years of experience with other software.
Their atom hardware, will frankly never be an Mpc, or battery, so instead of overlooking, or crippling drag n drop on purpose, Presonus should allow the software to work with each other. Especially when it'll help sales with happy customers.
I purchased S1 when it was first released, and all Ive ever requested was that it work with the software I use. Meanwhile, other daws support it no problems.
Yeah. I agree that the situation sucks. I don't personally think it's because they are trying to tie you down to their hardware. Its never worked. Like a lot of things they probably don't think it's important and there doesn't seem to be any convincing them otherwise.
Studio One // Bitwig // Logic Pro X // Ableton 11 // Reason 11 // FLStudio // MPC // Force // Maschine

If you look at from their perspective, it's costing Presonus time and money to develop Studio One, enhancing what is there already, and prioritising what needs to be conceptualised, developed and implemented. In essence then, whilst other DAW developers are happy to put the cart before the horse, and give people things they didn't initially ask for, and then have to wait for years to get the things they do want if ever. Presonus takes the approach of developing what they know they can in the shorter term to attract users to the DAW from the outset. And then they accommodate those with specific requests afterwards, as and when they can fit them in, in general terms if enough people are asking for it. But it's not always that simple, just as the NKS support for Native Instruments keyboards took quite some time.

Oh, there's some new cool and complete articles added on P1, from Sound On Sound magazine that dig into a few areas of Studio One. Still to finish the organising of program category listed section there also.

While I do appreciate you replying to this , I just don't understand that logic though friend , for example : How much more does it cost Ableton Live or Bitwig developers to allow drag and drop to just work in their daws?
Totally get the NKS part, as a Komplete mk2 owner,I was beyond happy to see both NI and Presonus fix that issue.

My biggest issue with Presonus is that, it works on Mac. . ( dragging samples from s1 browser to mpc pads )..
if it works on one OS, it should support the other as well.. both win/mac

Still waiting, until Presonus developers fix this bug for windows users.
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

apoclypse wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:45 am
trusampler wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:24 am The problem is Presonus, doesn't allow Studio One to work with 3rd party software correctly. For example, if I have a loop inside the arranger, and I want to chop it up, then drag it to the Mpc software, or let's say battery 3,since it's been out forever. Studio One doesn't allow it. Same thing goes for my drag n drop from the S1 browser to the mpc softwares pads.
Yeah. I agree that the situation sucks. I don't personally think it's because they are trying to tie you down to their hardware. Its never worked. Like a lot of things they probably don't think it's important and there doesn't seem to be any convincing them otherwise.
I think the best way to get their attention for this would be to post it here, and hope that enough people feel the same: https://answers.presonus.com/questions/ ... e-requests

TBH, chances are rather slim though. I totally support this request though, Studio One really should have this.

Edit: Oh, wait... there is this... :lol: https://answers.presonus.com/50664/drag ... i-software

Muziksculp wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:38 am
middle_color wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:21 am Is it possible in Studio One 4 to turn off option so that plugin's window will not open when adding it to the project?
I don't think that's a possible option at this time. Anyways, I'm not sure what the benefit of this would be.
Thanks for answering. Turns out i don't need it.

I had a problem with audio dropouts when adding instrument while song is playing. I thought it is caused by GUI glitch, because DAW freezes UI for a moment apart from audio glitch.

Turns out it is because there was enabled option "Low latency monitoring for instruments". When i turned it off all glitches gone and CPU usage drastically went down. So i now have no problem with instrument being shown.

chk071 wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:58 pm
TBH, chances are rather slim though. I totally support this request though, Studio One really should have this.

Edit: Oh, wait... there is this... :lol: https://answers.presonus.com/50664/drag ... i-software
Well I gave it a thumbs up, even if nobody else has yet... :clown:

I voted for it as well. Might be a bit unfortunate request though... it should have been more general, like, "Drag & drop doesn't work in third party samplers or drum samplers". Limiting it to the MPC software might get a lot less attention than a more general request.

+1 I up voted it too .

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”