Wavearts trackplug alternative?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello!
Is there anything like Trackplug, but modern? That plugin was so quick and clear and useful, but these days channel strips all seem to be designed like hardware, which I do not like for reasons of ease/speed. I also like a nice graphical view of eq etc
Any ideas would be great!
Cant afford posh Neutron by the way.

ZargonTheMagnificent wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:18 am Hello!
Is there anything like Trackplug, but modern? That plugin was so quick and clear and useful, but these days channel strips all seem to be designed like hardware, which I do not like for reasons of ease/speed. I also like a nice graphical view of eq etc
Any ideas would be great!
Cant afford posh Neutron by the way.
It still is :shrug: I still love to use it, all these years later. Very quick to set up some quick primary moves, and has lower CPU-usage than using an eq/comp chain in my DAW, and does the Pultec bass trick without having to load up a seperate eq :tu:

I could do with being a bit bigger, and I'd love to be able to break out the eq window for ease of use. Add in a mix knob to be aboe to set up parallel mixing on the dynamics, and some slight colour differentiation when switching between the three dynamics modules (Still, after all these years, occasionally manipulate controls for the wrong compressor :scared: ) and I might get another twelve years out of it.

p.s. If you want some of Neutron's features, the 'Elements' series goes on sale for very cheap, many times per year. The whole bundle is on sale at Sweetwater, for $29, which is great value:

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail ... -in-bundle

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:54 am p.s. If you want some of Neutron's features, the 'Elements' series goes on sale for very cheap, many times per year. The whole bundle is on sale at Sweetwater, for $29, which is great value:

Looks like a great offer, although I tried to order it and it seems that Sweetwater has an issue with providing the authentication details.

:(

ZargonTheMagnificent wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:38 pm
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:54 am p.s. If you want some of Neutron's features, the 'Elements' series goes on sale for very cheap, many times per year. The whole bundle is on sale at Sweetwater, for $29, which is great value:

Looks like a great offer, although I tried to order it and it seems that Sweetwater has an issue with providing the authentication details.

:(
Not sure what you mean by that. Have you tried contacting support?

Sorted now.
Thanks for a really, really good tip! Absolutely loving neutron so far! The other stuff in the bundle is probably good too, but I haven't looked yet.
Ozone is always good I suppose.

ZargonTheMagnificent wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:44 am Sorted now.
Thanks for a really, really good tip! Absolutely loving neutron so far! The other stuff in the bundle is probably good too, but I haven't looked yet.
Ozone is always good I suppose.
Great!

I don't really use Neutron, as my computer is too old to sacrifice the higher CPU-load. I do use Ozone Elements and RX7 Elements, though. Great value :tu:

Still loving Trackplug here as well. I agree a bigger or scalable GUI would be killer.

- Mario

Voxengo Voxformer maybe

Wavearts have just released trackplug6. Used to love this plug - used it all the time.

Trackplug 6 adds Catalina support but not a whole load else sadly. Resizeable would have been ace. Especially for that EQ.

damn. i remember that plug.

i'm impressed that they actually released catalina support.

Yeah, I’d suggest Neutron as well. The full version has a Mix Assistant that can help for speedy setups, but still offer you the control to change it later.

Scheps Omni is the other thing I’d suggest, it looks like a regular channel strip, but it’s really designed to be fast and flexible and isn’t based on a console at all. If you use his presets, then you can make use of that Focus button, that highlights only the primary controls you need to be concerned with to fine tune your sound, but the other controls remain accessible for further “tweakage”

Those would Ben my top two suggestions.

That is a bit sad that it seems like they've done the bare minimum required to keep the plugin current with operating systems, and that's all.

Infact have they done ANYthing new at all over the last few years? Convology maybe?

I would totally have upgraded if they had reworked the plugin a bit.

I really felt it was a hidden gem of a plugin at the time. So flexible , sounded great with a clean UI.

Really have to wonder about some developers - like what have Wave Arts done every day, 8 hours a day, each of them, for the last 10 years? Cuz these plugins are the same as they were in 2010.

Return to “Effects”