Favorite Kontakt Libraries for atmospheric ambient and organic string instruments/sounds?

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Favorite Kontakt Libraries for atmospheric ambient and organic string instruments/sounds?

Do you mean only the ones made by NI or by anyone?
Not much of a fan for most of the NI ones.
But what first comes to mind and very much like are Vir2 Q, Vir2 Fractured and Vir2 Violence...

Harmonic Subtones / Best Service Emotional Cello, Emotional Violin (yes, not only great solo strings but my favorites for atmospheric string sounds, best sustains and strings textures in any library for me).
Then Heavyocity Intimate and Rhythmic Textures.

Spitfire Audio NEO, including ambient strings and synths.

It will come down to how much you feel like spending. Best bang for your buck strings is without a doubt NOVO Essentials from Heavyocity.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Fleer wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:24 am Spitfire Audio NEO, including ambient strings and synths.
Yeah! I bought Tundra a couple of months before the release of 'NEO, and I think NEO might've been a little closer to what I wanted. Not that I feel regret - Tundra is a beautiful library. I just feel that for what I am doing at the moment that a more 'intimate' sound profile would be a better fit.

Missed out on the last Heavyocity sale, but I may end up supplementing the more open nature of T with 'Intimate Textures', at some point.

Cinebient wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:05 am Harmonic Subtones / Best Service Emotional Cello, Emotional Violin (yes, not only great solo strings but my favorites for atmospheric string sounds, best sustains and strings textures in any library for me).
Wow! 'Emotional Cello' sounds beautiful! Lovely legato (including fingered), and the other articulations all sound great :love:

So out of my budget for a solo instrument, though. I'm guessing they do sales?

BONES wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:12 am It will come down to how much you feel like spending. Best bang for your buck strings is without a doubt NOVO Essentials from Heavyocity.
It's superb really.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:32 am
Cinebient wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:05 am Harmonic Subtones / Best Service Emotional Cello, Emotional Violin (yes, not only great solo strings but my favorites for atmospheric string sounds, best sustains and strings textures in any library for me).
Wow! 'Emotional Cello' sounds beautiful! Lovely legato (including fingered), and the other articulations all sound great :love:

Yes, sometimes. I think this was on sale not long ago, even 50% off and i guess it will be again from time to time. The Emotional Viola should be close to release so maybe a sale from the Emotional Cello (and maybe Violin) comes as well before.
Like i said. I really love the sustains and string textures you get with this one and especially the Cello is the best here for me.

I still use STS from HG Fortune.
With the right reverb and some eqining you get the best out of it.

Not quite 50% off but close:

https://audioplugin.deals/emotional-cello-best-service/

Nice HG Fortune mention. Still, some of my favorite instruments.

Cinebient wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:56 pm
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:32 am

Yes, sometimes. I think this was on sale not long ago, even 50% off and i guess it will be again from time to time. The Emotional Viola should be close to release so maybe a sale from the Emotional Cello (and maybe Violin) comes as well before.
Like i said. I really love the sustains and string textures you get with this one and especially the Cello is the best here for me.
It does sound lovely :tu:

dandezebra wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:26 am Not quite 50% off but close:

https://audioplugin.deals/emotional-cello-best-service/
Can't afford it, currently. But it's good to know that it does occasionally go on sale. Black Friday, perhaps :scared:

Many thanks!

I really like the libraries from Frozen Plain and Audiofier. You can pick them up pretty cheap at audioplugin.deals as well.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”