Bitwig Studio is 6 years old :)

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

But there's at least something positive.
I have a 25% off voucher for U-He in my Bitwig account.
Will buy Presswerk and Satin and some soundsets...

Calenberger wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:38 pm
Passing Bye wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:54 pm
you configure your device in preferences, than on track basis see if the desired device is selected for input in inspector and than arm record on track basis (if that already wasn't the case by default when you clicked on desired track), arm record on global transport bar too, hit play and start playing.
I did exactly this and arming the global record and transport doesn't work...
Sorry fans, this complicated stuff is just annoying.
I rather make music than discover strange setup requirements.
Recording procedure is the same as in Logic, nothing stranger or more complicated, but you will just get frustrated anyways down the road, better stick with what works for you and make music.

Passing Bye wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:49 pm
you configure your device in preferences, than on track basis see if the desired device is selected for input in inspector and than arm record on track basis (if that already wasn't the case by default when you clicked on desired track), arm record on global transport bar too, hit play and start playing.
Recording procedure is the same as in Logic, nothing stranger or more complicated, but you will just get frustrated anyways down the road, better stick with what works for you and make music.
That's what I'm doing, yes, thanks.
The whole grid thing should be covered (at least for me) with Lion and Blocks.
Sorry, my 250 Euros were ready to be spend on Bitwig Studio upgrade from 8-track... however, it's not for me obviously.
But seriously: seems they are not at home in a MacOS environment.
They stated in their FAQ that's not their main aim customer base.
Alright, understood.

I think it's a bad idea to get Bitwig just because of the grid, so than what, you make a patch and get frustrated with rest of the program, what's the use of the grid than, take your time with the demo and when you realize Bitwig makes much more sense than Logic for you, that's the time to embrace it for what it is, until than, you will just get frustrated with every single thing you find missing.

So Bitwig GUI is nice and snappy on OSX?

Does it now support Audio Units?

I remember BW 2.3.? supported some AU and then this went away. These two points keep me away from using BW. 6 years have passed, bought the original and walked away after 2.4

macOS: Now uses Apple's Metal framework (if available)
macOS: Graphics performance is now improved overall

Bitwig never supported aus and probably never will. Just use the vst version.

For everyone that produces electronic music and isn't part of the loops/preset crowd that didn't try Bitwig... you are seriously missing out.

Pulsar 900, Drum Spillage, Elecktroid... just some of the best software currently not available as VST. :help:

Everglide wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:16 amPulsar 900, Drum Spillage, Elecktroid... just some of the best software currently not available as VST. :help:
Have you tried PatchWork from Blue Cat Audio?
https://www.bluecataudio.com/Products/P ... PatchWork/
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Calenberger wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:56 pm
Sorry, my 250 Euros were ready to be spend on Bitwig Studio upgrade from 8-track... however, it's not for me obviously.
Alright, understood.
I know it's frustrating to go to a new DAW and things just don't work. One thing you may want to keep in mind you haven't already is your controller support. Logic supports pretty much any class compliant controller out of the box. No configuration necessary unless you want configure buttons on said controller to do specific things.

Bitwig requires more setup. It may not even support your controller out of the box. So check to make sure you have a generic midi keyboard or keyboard + 8 knobs device and assign the midi ports in the options.

Unless the manufacturer of your device explicitly makes a controller script, more than likely Bitwig won't find it on its own. It's huge failing imo on Bitwig's part. Their controller support is abysmal and you have to rely on 3rd party scripts like DrivenbyMoss which are great but come with their own issues.
Studio One // Bitwig // Logic Pro X // Ableton 11 // Reason 11 // FLStudio // MPC // Force // Maschine

apoclypse wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:00 pm
Calenberger wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:56 pm
Alright, understood.
I know it's frustrating to go to a new DAW and things just don't work. One thing you may want to keep in mind you haven't already is your controller support. Logic supports pretty much any class compliant controller out of the box. No configuration necessary unless you want configure buttons on said controller to do specific things.

Bitwig requires more setup. It may not even support your controller out of the box. So check to make sure you have a generic midi keyboard or keyboard + 8 knobs device and assign the midi ports in the options.

Unless the manufacturer of your device explicitly makes a controller script, more than likely Bitwig won't find it on its own. It's huge failing imo on Bitwig's part. Their controller support is abysmal and you have to rely on 3rd party scripts like DrivenbyMoss which are great but come with their own issues.
Thanks, but I decided that the hassle with Bitwig is not worth it for me.
Logic will get a clip launcher function in due time.
The Blocks environment is developed and quite good sounding.
And and and...
Alright, if someone wanna have my 25% off coupon for Bitwig, just pm me.

If anyone wants the 25% discount code for te U-He store let me know as I won't be using it.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”