Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

johnny.cash wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:21 pm If one uses V-MAN, does one also have to install CodeMeter? Or can one skip installing CodeMeter completely if one uses the new V-MAN?

Thanks
You have to download and install CodeMeter first and then VMan. VMan is the software to access your CodeMeter licenses. It’s an easier one click way to access them rather than going through the website.

so wait... this has something like iLok?

i just downloaded the demo but it needs a 5gb content file downloaded too, not gonna even try it out if it has garbage DRM.

looks like people are having trouble with it too.... doesn't look like the demo has any DRM, but paying customers are penalised?

rubez wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:51 pm so wait... this has something like iLok?

i just downloaded the demo but it needs a 5gb content file downloaded too, not gonna even try it out if it has garbage DRM.

looks like people are having trouble with it too.... doesn't look like the demo has any DRM, but paying customers are penalised?
Yes, it uses CodeMeter. I don’t have any products currently using iLock, but it so far has been the clunkiest license activation process I’ve dealt with for music software. You have to manually reactivate your license every 90 days. I haven’t had any issues so far. Unfortunately some others seem to have had some problems.

In my opinion, it’s the best sounding soft synth I own. I’m happy I have it even if I’m not crazy about the license activation system. It all works fine for me and is worth it for me. It’s a beautiful sounding instrument!

For those not too worried about potential problems with CodeMeter,

https://youtu.be/0VisLSVFwaM

Triple Spiral Audio is offering an Avenger Expansion at a much reduced price with proceeds to go to the Red Cross.

“ The Stand is a new expansion for VPS Avenger and contains 150 presets, 8 drumkits, 7 drumsequences, 193 granular sources, 22 multi samples, 32 wavetables and 15 custom waveshapes”

:phones: :tu: :phones:
바보

I apologize if this has already been asked in this massive thread. I've tried searching but didn't find anything. How do the expansions between Avenger and Nexus compare sound wise?

you have to renew your licence every 90 days, really??

not touching this with a 10 foot pole, well done Vengeance.

almost mind blowing. surely this loses them way more money than it 'saves'?

no, but thank you for asking :roll:

is that the attitude paying customers are to expect when they can't use a product that they paid good money for when they get shut out by dumb a copy protection system? :o

software is as good as hardware these days, and is much more convenient if you are using a DAW anyway (which is most people) but this awful DRM business is the number one thing customers hate about software and is why hardware minded people, like me, give it a wide berth.

shame really, you are literally turning customers away :dog:

rubez wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:55 am is that the attitude paying customers are to expect when they can't use a product that they paid good money for when they get shut out by dumb a copy protection system? :o
Well... you made it very clear that you wouldn't touch this with a ten foot pole anyway. ;) So, you're not a "paying customer", not even a potential one.

All that he said anyway was that "no, it doesn't lose us more money than we save".

See, there's a difference between asking valid question and just trolling.

Laughing once again at the KVR "community", by the way, which upvotes all this trolling. Man, this place is completely ridiculous most of the time. :lol:

chk071 wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:59 am
rubez wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:55 am is that the attitude paying customers are to expect when they can't use a product that they paid good money for when they get shut out by dumb a copy protection system? :o
Well... you made it very clear that you wouldn't touch this with a ten foot pole anyway. ;) So, you're not a "paying customer", not even a potential one.

All that he said anyway was that "no, it doesn't lose us more money than we save".

See, there's a difference between asking valid question and just trolling.

Laughing once again at the KVR "community", by the way, which upvotes all this trolling. Man, this place is completely ridiculous most of the time. :lol:
I think his name will pop up in this thread more frequent now. He really is a - angry potential new customer- haha

give yourself a break mate, anyone representing a company should be professional and courteous to customers and non customers alike.

the pros of these DRM systems do not outweigh the cons, not any more, and especially not here. the napster and torrent culture is dying out with the beatport and netflix generation taking hold. piracy is no longer the bogeyman supposedly responsible for killing companies that it once was. it is now clear people are prepared to pay for a quality product. if that product is hampered by intrusiveness or any barriers then that is when customers get turned off. convenience and quality is king now. anyone still downloading increasingly rare and user-unfriendly torrent files were never going to become paying customers in the first place. this DRM only serves to piss off and penalise paying customers for little gain to the companies themselves, other than quenching their paranoia.

i am a potential customer, on this board specifically doing research and asking for advice because i am looking for a VST to complement my hardware. feel free to dismiss me as a troll though, textbook insecure mentality.

rubez wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:26 am the pros of these DRM systems do not outweigh the cons, not any more, and especially not here.
Do you develop and sell plugins?

Just asking, because, it seems like you have a lot of insights in the pros and cons of DRM systems, from a business point of view.

Not that I really think you do, or I'm really interested in a discussion about that, which will merely be argued from a customer point of view. I mean... from the view of a customer who cares about those things. Which makes it a discussion about a thing which will surely only concern the fewest of the few.

Well, 2 days ago I had to help to re-activate Avender. It was a bit troublesome and I have to say, that the CodeMeter is not the best and user-friendly protection out there.

... and that is basically the difference between a "fair enough" real experience, stated in a civil way, and statements in the way of "I never tried the plugin, I never saw how the DRM works, I just rely on others' opinions, and I just assume that this way of DRM harms the company". What you wrote is a absolutely valid opinion, based on your experience, while rubez just repeats what others were saying, and chimes in to the (very small) choir of negativism.

If I'm absolutely not cool with a company or their software, I simply don't buy, by the way. The strongest argument, and you don't need to play power games, or try to take influence on others' buying decision. Big fkn deal. :shrug:

It's not quite as much fun as power games, and trying to influence others though, admittedly.

Anecdotal evidence: I recently updated my copy of Avenger. It took about 2 minutes. About the same time it takes to update a login password.

Return to “Instruments”