Musical Entropy The Great Escape

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Great Escape

I've been rushing like hell over the last two weeks to release a freeware plug-in today, made from some stuff in progress I've been working on these last months. I thought it would be a nice contribution to the world for musicians constrained at home during these very difficult times.

It's called "The Great Escape", and it's the modeling of a hardware pedal I discovered a few weeks ago, during an event called United Guitars, a dynamic tremolo audio effect which reacts to your playing thanks to an envelope detector circuit.

It became at some point a collaboration project between the original pedal creator, the french company Thrilltone, and me, and it is supposed to become a commercial product in the future. But still we thought it would be a good thing for everybody to release a free "preview" version earlier, which has no limitations but the features that I have not coded there yet, such as the full analog circuit modeling (yes it does not sound like the real one for now).

The only real downside is that I have to make it available only for a few months, and then I will remove it from my website, to prevent it from becoming a competitor for the upcoming commercial version. But all the people who will have the plug-in will be able to use it as long as they want.

Next week, I will finish to put there all the features I had in mind for the alpha/preview version, including an embedded tutorial like in Spaceship Delay, presets, installers (Catalinaaaaaaaaaaa), the AAX version and a Linux build.

Here is a video about the original pedal:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcxGy_V ... e=youtu.be

Enjoy !

To download it, you can visit my website: https://musicalentropy.com/TheGreatEscape.html

I will probably add more information about the making of soon as well on my blog :wink:

Already updated ! I have added the following features:
  • AAX format !
  • Presets made by Francois Maxime Boutault from Les Liens du Son and me !
  • Linux support ! (Ubuntu 16+ 64 bits)
  • Some optimizations and issues solved such as the one in the easter egg (STAYATHOME)
Next week, I'll work on the installers, mac OS Catalina support and the embedded tutorial :wink:

Thanks Ivan_C :)

Cool trem. The symmetry control does some interesting stuff to how the wave envelopes reacts, creating some almost violin like volume swells.

Thanks guys ! Still working hard on the next update :wink:

This is working for me in Catalina already. I have Gatekeeper disabled, so that's probably why.

Hello guys ! I have just updated my plug-in to version 0.1.2, it is still available on my website :wink:

The new version features mainly a new embedded tutorial system, like what I did in Spaceship Delay, which will make you learn cool stuff about tremolos, help you familiarize yourself with the plug-in features. Since we are in April, there is a new easter egg there :D I did solve also a few bugs here and there...

And I think it should now work for everybody on mac OS Catalina since I have signed all the formats, even with Gatekeeper enabled, but I'm not sure yet since I have not tested it yet.

Have fun !

Hello guys !

For all the people using the Linux version, could you tell me if the very last version of the Great Escape (0.1.2) is working properly ? A user told me this version crashes on Ubuntu 19.10 with Mixbus 32c, not the older one, but I have not been able to reproduce the issue with Ubuntu 16/18 and Waveform / Bitwig Studio / Mixbus 32c on these platforms.

Thanks in advance !

I was interested first demo but the trem movements were too deep to shutting off point

Nice!

Ivan_C wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:38 pm Hello guys !

For all the people using the Linux version, could you tell me if the very last version of the Great Escape (0.1.2) is working properly ? A user told me this version crashes on Ubuntu 19.10 with Mixbus 32c, not the older one, but I have not been able to reproduce the issue with Ubuntu 16/18 and Waveform / Bitwig Studio / Mixbus 32c on these platforms.

Thanks in advance !
Hi!
Works perfect on openSUSE Tumbleweed (rolling). Haven't Mixbus 32C but other popular hosts is fine.

Ivan_C, since you are here I wanted to ask: are there still plans for an updated version of Spaceship Delay at some point?

Thanks for the reports !

Kazi7 > yes I plan to update Spaceship Delay at some point, again I have big plans for it, and I have already quite advanced on the things I wanted to add there (UI, new algorithms etc.), but it's always difficult for me to find some time for now to work on my personal projects. So I can't give an ETA, but I would love to release it this year.

Return to “Effects”