Exponential Audio Excalibur

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Guys, is it possible to register Excalibur and Phoenix Verb in Izotope account? I mean it is great that we can afford these things for cheap, but then we might miss some upgrade offers and loyalty discounts, right? They're only on iLok, not in account, it feels like we didn't buy them actually

Jopmanajop wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:19 pm Guys, is it possible to register Excalibur and Phoenix Verb in Izotope account? I mean it is great that we can afford these things for cheap, but then we might miss some upgrade offers and loyalty discounts, right? They're only on iLok, not in account, it feels like we didn't buy them actually
Not yet, it says ''At this time, Exponential Audio products are not yet integrated into Product Portal. The iLok activation code will not work within Product Portal.'''

So you cant manually add the serial number etc, I am sure it will come...probably when they want your money for a few tweaks and iZotope standard GUI workover as a V2 for 99 USD Upgrade (this is pure speculation but based on past experience :wink: !!)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:39 pm Not yet, it says ''At this time, Exponential Audio products are not yet integrated into Product Portal. The iLok activation code will not work within Product Portal.'''

So you cant manually add the serial number etc, I am sure it will come...probably when they want your money for a few tweaks and iZotope standard GUI workover as a V2 for 99 USD Upgrade (this is pure speculation but based on past experience :wink: !!)
Got it, thanks! :tu: At least we have great products to use

SLiC wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:39 pm
Jopmanajop wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:19 pm Guys, is it possible to register Excalibur and Phoenix Verb in Izotope account? I mean it is great that we can afford these things for cheap, but then we might miss some upgrade offers and loyalty discounts, right? They're only on iLok, not in account, it feels like we didn't buy them actually
Not yet, it says ''At this time, Exponential Audio products are not yet integrated into Product Portal. The iLok activation code will not work within Product Portal.'''

I noticed this when I tried to register Phoenixverb at Izotope and got the message ‘we were unable for add this serial to your account’. My previous purchase of Excalibur has been transferred over, I contacted Plugin Boutique who advised me to contact Izotope. I haven’t bothered to message Izotope to see what they have to say...

F*ck, I'm too cheap to spend even $10 on this for the moment. Having no income, is sure sobering.
Although I have plenty of money for a while.

I purchased this back when it was first released.

It was expensive back then.
Maybe I will release my presets for it in the future.

For 10$ I could not resist - despite what I said about it elsewhere before - and I just tried it once again this evening - dang - it really sounds just bad for the most part of it...

like a cheap 90's multi-fx… and on top of that the dreadful GUI and bizarre quad mono architecture… hardly worth the tenner.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Demoed it and heard a preset that sounded exactly like a preset from my (deceased) Lexicon PCM-80 that i used to use a lot.
So, bought.
More BPM please

jens wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:01 am For 10$ I could not resist - despite what I said about it elsewhere before - and I just tried it once again this evening - dang - it really sounds just bad for the most part of it...

like a cheap 90's multi-fx… and on top of that the dreadful GUI and bizarre quad mono architecture… hardly worth the tenner.
Hmm.. my opinion of it has actually changed. I think it sounds pretty good. But I do understand your "90s vibe" comment, that's how I feel about the choruses/modulated delays too.

It's unapologetically "digital". The various saturation things don't impress at all but the way the stuff modulates sounds pretty damn good to my ears.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

SteveWZ wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:55 pm I purchased this back when it was first released.

It was expensive back then.
Maybe I will release my presets for it in the future.
That would be excellent, please do! I'd love access to more patches for Excalibur! :tu:

Grabbed it too, although I was not thrilled with this product (exactly during his regular lifespan), there is really some moments that could be a bit more interesting, but for 10 bucks why not. However want to believe there are some hidden pearls heh.

bmanic wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:24 am It's unapologetically "digital".
This. And I usually don't like "digital". Except it's some next gen mad scientist stuff such as the 2cAudio products, Kotelnikov, the Manic Comp Dig&Tall mode or the SDRR Digi mode… but then again even these incorporate algorithms that seek to make it sound less "digital"...

Excalibur to me just sounds really really bad to me for the most part of it, like it has been hacked together over a weekend…

I just purchased some Voltage Modular bundles and tested it at the same time and the difference in sound quality, functionality and useability is mind-blowing. Now that's a multi-fx worth talking about. I really have to start a thread about it. Oddly enough nobody ever seems to even just mention it.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jens wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:07 am
bmanic wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:24 am It's unapologetically "digital".
This. And I usually don't like "digital". Except it's some next gen mad scientist stuff such as the 2cAudio products, Kotelnikov, the Manic Comp Dig&Tall mode or the SDRR Digi mode… but then again even these incorporate algorithms that seek to make it sound less "digital"...

Excalibur to me just sounds really really bad to me for the most part of it, like it has been hacked together over a weekend…

I just purchased some Voltage Modular bundles and tested it at the same time and the difference in sound quality, functionality and useability is mind-blowing. Now that's a multi-fx worth talking about. I really have to start a thread about it. Oddly enough nobody ever seems to even just mention it.
To be honest I don't think we would be talking about Excalibur if it wasn't available currently for less than a tenner.

I agree that most of the presets (especially the guitar amp ones) are really bad (to my ears) and if you want warm analog type sounds there are much better choices (though perhaps not for a tenner) but if you audition the individual effects (just use one block to audition) they are pretty good and there are quite a few of them...building up own effects is quite easy and I have been able to get some pretty nice stuff out of it (ambient style delay/reverb fx sound good).
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

As I mentioned somewhere here before, I think especially when judging the individual effects on their own they fall behind even much more... the chorus, phaser, flanger are all a bad joke to me - heck, I think even the reverb sounds terrible

jens wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:42 am As I mentioned somewhere here before, I think especially when judging the individual effects on their own they fall behind even much more... the chorus, phaser, flanger are all a bad joke to me - heck, I think even the reverb sounds terrible
Sounds like you should have demoed it before you bought it...even a tenner is too much if you really don't like the way something sounds!! I am sure you will be able to sell it for what you paid once the sale is off!

A lot of people seem to like it, but these things are always a matter of taste, the first review below mis an interesting read/take.

https://soundbytesmag.net/review-excali ... ial-audio/
https://www.musicradar.com/reviews/tech ... bur-624340

Return to “Effects”