Cherry Audio Voltage modular

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Voltage Modular Core + Electro Drums Voltage Modular Ignite Voltage Modular Nucleus

spherem wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:18 am
Gribs wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:16 pm Cherry Audio’s own “Year One Collection” has quite a few extras like a couple of sequencers, a sampler module, a vocoder module, a resonator module, some alternate filters and oscillators, a stereo delay, and other stuff. I would say that if you are going to add one more thing during a sale, that would be the one to pick. If you want to get into rhythm sequencing then Misfit Audio’s Electro drums pack might useful, too.
The Year One Collection at the current selling point is a massive road block for me. And this is already the 50% sale price. If this would be the logical next choice, and maybe even necessary to really utilize MRB Bundle and others, then I will just concentrate on learning the basics of synthesis this year with Core and PSP and maybe come back another time for real modular synthetic dreams.
if you buy cherry audio modules seperately, the price gets lower of the one year bundle. that was in my case, i had some cherry audio modules, and the price was about $65, if i remember correctly.
if it is still the case, cherry dan can confirm this. or ask it on the cherry audio forum.

so you can buy some cherry audio modules, and upgrade later.

i wouldn't say that the one year collection is necessary. the resonator module is great, the sampler is great, the filters are great. you can built your own 303 emulation, your own ms 20 emulation (with andrew macaulay's ultimate bundle, you have also the same envelope that the ms 20 has). necessary in the sense, to use other bundles? perhaps some modules. the MRB bundle doesn't do it for me by the way, strangely enough. the zerooscillator is great! on the other hand.

there are always sales, or introductery prices.

All,

Here's the second video in our new tutorial series, "Using Voltage Modular as an Effect + Tempo Syncing". We hope it inspires you to create new sounds!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ade723gjN4

Be well,
- Dan @ Cherry Audio

Thanks Dan :tu:

I'm thoroughly enjoying this platform but am curious if it might be possible to add a feature down the road in the library window where for each module you can click a hint button that serves up a quick snapshot that shows the basic connection setup?

Probably would take a lot of work to implement but for the newbie scaling the learning curve would be invaluable.

rdstreets wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:30 am I'm thoroughly enjoying this platform but am curious if it might be possible to add a feature down the road in the library window where for each module you can click a hint button that serves up a quick snapshot that shows the basic connection setup?

Probably would take a lot of work to implement but for the newbie scaling the learning curve would be invaluable.
the basic connection setup? for some modules there very basic setups, indeed. the problem is: in a modular environment there, indeed, basic connections, but... not really, it depends what you want, there are many possibilities. so for standard things yes.

but the presets of VM themselves show you basic connection setups, try to use them as a template. some are designed that way a bit.

the VCO/VCF/VCA set is thé basic setup, with an envelope module. it is very simple. if you get that setup, you are ready for the next step.
there are examples within the presets.

perhaps it is a good idead, but for some modules a basic connection setup is also in the manual. i am babbling... the problem lies: there are not real basic connection setups. yes there standard connection setups. the mimic a synthesizer, in a way.

i could do better, to help! but there is facebook group, voltage modular user group, people will help with questions.

WasteLand wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:16 am
rdstreets wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:30 am I'm thoroughly enjoying this platform but am curious if it might be possible to add a feature down the road in the library window where for each module you can click a hint button that serves up a quick snapshot that shows the basic connection setup?

the basic connection setup? for some modules there very basic setups, indeed. the problem is: in a modular environment there, indeed, basic connections, but... not really, it depends what you want, there are many possibilities. so for standard things yes.

but the presets of VM themselves show you basic connection setups, try to use them as a template. some are designed that way a bit.

the VCO/VCF/VCA set is thé basic setup, with an envelope module. it is very simple. if you get that setup, you are ready for the next step.
there are examples within the presets.

perhaps it is a good idead, but for some modules a basic connection setup is also in the manual. i am babbling... the problem lies: there are not real basic connection setups. yes there standard connection setups. the mimic a synthesizer, in a way.

i could do better, to help! but there is facebook group, voltage modular user group, people will help with questions.
Thanks for the response. I just joined the FB group!

I have 2 issues with the platform (and I have some $400 worth of modules):
- I don't really like the look of it - it's sort of stylised reality, which is OK in theory but most devs seem to be reusing the default knobs, sliders and buttons; I really like how in VCV it's easy to recognise modules by the "style" the dev has, just like in the real world Eurorack,
- I still can't wrap my head around the cathegories they have (utility, effect, controller, processor, source); I mean they're quite logical, but way too broad and I'm more used to functional descriptions like: oscillator, lfo, envelope, logic, filters, sequencers, etc.
rdstreets wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:30 ameach module you can click a hint button that serves up a quick snapshot that shows the basic connection setup?
Yeah, that would be sweet, especially if it worked like Bitwig's interactive help (that since then was expanded to cover all devices, not just within Grid):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWjYedds-RQ
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

antic604 wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:32 am I have 2 issues with the platform (and I have some $400 worth of modules):
- I don't really like the look of it - it's sort of stylised reality, which is OK in theory but most devs seem to be reusing the default knobs, sliders and buttons; I really like how in VCV it's easy to recognise modules by the "style" the dev has, just like in the real world Eurorack,
- I still can't wrap my head around the cathegories they have (utility, effect, controller, processor, source); I mean they're quite logical, but way too broad and I'm more used to functional descriptions like: oscillator, lfo, envelope, logic, filters, sequencers, etc.
rdstreets wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:30 ameach module you can click a hint button that serves up a quick snapshot that shows the basic connection setup?
Yeah, that would be sweet, especially if it worked like Bitwig's interactive help (that since then was expanded to cover all devices, not just within Grid):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWjYedds-RQ
1. yes the look. in the end it is very usefull for the workflow. although different developers have there own look for their modules. not all. i didn't like the look at first, now it is very helpfull. for me.
2. the categories are logical, but i have VM for a year know, i browse with search for the right module.. vcv as at this point also another approach. yes after a while you know what you have, for a beginner it is searching.

perhaps tagging them yourself, seems to be an option. [EDIT: it isn't a option now, but why not tag your own, or a better tagging system... i noticed it myself, i repeat, and sometimes, when bought again a lot of modules... i must search.... that this can be better, you quite right]

but the categories are logical, after a while. but the broad, indeed.

ow that kind of interactive help, yes, why not. andrew macaulay, i write his name always wrong, me thinks, has a nice website, that is opened one click on help for a module. it is the same approach as in bitwig it seems... that kind of help system isn't available for many modules, which is a draw back... Andrew Macaulay (hey now copy and paste, i did write it well!....) has the best help system... something that more developers could do.

perhaps you can put this on the VM forum, they are very responsive.

i have more modular ecosystems. even one for ableton (yes Oscillot!), don't use it, bought in an impulse, here on KVR, but it is a good modular. but i have already too many...

VM has it's idiosyncracies, that in the beginning seems to be a strange approach, in the end, the workflow is, i reset my sentence (hey! reset! in this times you need every joke..) the workflow is very fast. and even in complex patches the overview is quite good. the cables are great to work with, a small thing. but a big thing. complex patches in softube modular, the cables tend to cast a shadow (not really but for your [over]view).

I have a strange problem with VM in Bitwig, I can sync VM to Bitwig's transport, all ok. But if I want to record the output of the VM track in another audio track then the audio doesn't sync with Bitwig, it comes way too late...

Also tested with midi out, same problem.

And found the solution after some googling :p https://ibb.co/GHMCTXZ

Hi KVR friends,

We've got another great inspirational tutorial video, all centered around the modules included with our Nucleus package. This video is all about creating drum and percussion sounds with modular synthesis. It's full of great ideas, and it's my personal favorite tutorial so far! Enjoy.

https://youtu.be/cvxj5IeeQ8Y

- Dan @ Cherry Audio

is anywhere a preset pack available for the two Vult Bundles?

sacer wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:15 am is anywhere a preset pack available for the two Vult Bundles?
I would also be highly interested in this.

@Cherry Audio: Paypal subscription? You must be kidding. First time I ever saw that shady Paypal window. :-o :smack: :uhuhuh:
And Credit-Card gave a server error. (Why did I even try that alternative option? You certainly didn't deserve it and I am not exactly short on plugins either). Now I feel like needing a shower.

And I was just starting to become a fan of your company… before planning any antics you should keep in mind that it is easier to piss people of than to gain their trust and good-will. Companies get roasted at the stakes for much less round 'ere. ;-)
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Return to “Instruments”