Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

Recently I read a study that has been asked by a video game company about piracy. They asked an external guy to publish his conclusions about piracy : after a few months of researches, he said that moderate piracy actually HELPS sales because the games are more easily knowns. The guy was then asked to leave the company and his study wasn't published. He talked about his story on social medias.
So yes, I think little piracy helps a product getting known.
Now, of course, everytime I can, I ask people I know to purchase the plugins they're using by sending them offers for the synths they use. I own 556 plugins (easy : 1 folder = 1 plugin) and am of course AGAINST piracy.

EDIT : by the way, if Urs is actually lurking on the w@rez websites, then why is he letting them do this ? I've checked a couple of minutes ago, several U-He plugins are available... Some developpers immediatly ask the website to remove the releases, and not U-He ? Why ?...
Last edited by DJErmac on Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

Can we get this thread back to Avenger? Can we keep the copy protection gripes to three or less rants per person who owns Avenger and limit it to one rant if they do not own Avenger?

I would like Avenger to offer instrument-based expansions in addition to the present musical genres approach. For example a complete expansion filled with keys/pianos, a complete expansion filled with brass/wind instruments, etc.

DJErmac wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:23 pm But... is it some kind of joke or ?... U-He plugins are (I believe, don't care, some friends use Diva, Zebra2 and Hive at least for sure) ALL CRACKED !!! I don't know where this rumor that U-He copy protection is perfect is coming from, but it's simply untrue : there are pirated versions available everywhere since more than ten years.
iLok has been cracked too, but people still release plugins using that protection.

All I'm saying is - u-he's copy protection is close to an ideal combo of user friendly (serial number only, no drivers or other persistent software involved) and secure. It would be so good if that protection were available as a proper commercial product available for devs to implement as a viable, competitive alternative to stuff like iLok.

I prefer iLok. ^^
I recently had to reinstall ALL my plugins : had NOTHING to do with my iLok plugins, simply had to plug a dongle.

external guy to publish his conclusions about piracy : after a few months of researches, he said that moderate piracy actually HELPS sales
must be the same guy, who said: The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about.
So come on, fill the thread! :party:

What I'm suggesting is essentially Urs should develop it as its own product with an SDK, documentation, etc.
Wouldn't that just make it easier for the pirates to crack it?
John Braner
http://johnbraner.bandcamp.com
http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner
and all the major streaming/download sites.

HTT wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:06 pm Can we get this thread back to Avenger? Can we keep the copy protection gripes to three or less rants per person who owns Avenger and limit it to one rant if they do not own Avenger?

I would like Avenger to offer instrument-based expansions in addition to the present musical genres approach. For example a complete expansion filled with keys/pianos, a complete expansion filled with brass/wind instruments, etc.
I would love those types of expansions

mustgroove wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:12 am
DJErmac wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:23 pm But... is it some kind of joke or ?... U-He plugins are (I believe, don't care, some friends use Diva, Zebra2 and Hive at least for sure) ALL CRACKED !!! I don't know where this rumor that U-He copy protection is perfect is coming from, but it's simply untrue : there are pirated versions available everywhere since more than ten years.
iLok has been cracked too, but people still release plugins using that protection.
If you make such statements, please make them correct. Some iLok plugins in a specific version were cracked. Anything iLok protected coming after that wasn't.

Is there an update planed, which addresses those frequent cpu spikes and crashes (I guess related to GUI code or memory management), or not and you still consider this as "the plugin is good like it is and it crashes only for a minority of users and the performance is like it should be"?

Or is the next version then v2, and v1.x surely will stay like it currently is?

I would really like to see a clear statement from Rene and you, if that is possible. Because then I can better decide about my plans using Avenger.

Thank you.

chk071 wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:12 am
mustgroove wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:12 am
If you make such statements, please make them correct. Some iLok plugins in a specific version were cracked. Anything iLok protected coming after that wasn't.
Same goes for CodeMeter actually. There are a very few CodeMeter applications that have been cracked, and as far as I know it's depending on bad implementation. People claiming Reason has been cracked, for instance, are just making things up, or are incorrectly informed.
Last edited by starflakeprj on Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

Great, quoting myself instead of editing myself... :D
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

I think you did not get the point about the U-He's approach: It is not about having a perfect protection, and nobody was writing this. They have a moderate - and maybe crackable copy protection - but they also do fine small updates regularly with a lot of additional value, have a very kind and "pro" customer care and you also cannot be sure that those cracked versions really work like intended. It might detune or produce other unexpected results. AND ON THE OTHER HAND, A LEGIT VERSION OF ANY U-HE PLUGIN WILL WORK EXTREMELY FLAWLESSLY, WITHOUT ANY BUGS, VERY STABLE, NO CPU SPIKES ETC. U-He plugins are not drawn up in a great hurry. They are usually built like a tank. So, even if you used a cracked version of U-He, you sooner or later realize that a legit buy is an extremely good idea for yourself, because it adds so much value.

And: If a developer team behaves friendly, sympathetically and open-minded, you will actually want to support these developers usually by own motivation. So the U-He concept also is pretty advanced in a psychological perspective.

Hanz Meyzer wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:57 pm
I think you did not get the point about the U-He's approach: It is not about having a perfect protection, and nobody was writing this.
Then why this talk about licensing U-He's copy protection then ? So... that was about suggesting Vengeance should get a copy protection that doesn't work ? Come on !

Just re-read my post.

Then you just don't think about what Vengeance did and are trying to re-write the story, I'm sorry : they were trying to find a BETTER (well, for them) copy protection, not a worse, and they're also not in need to know what they could have done better imho. Sorry but this is a complete waste of time. If you're validating that nobody ever said that U-He has a better copy protection, suggesting they could use this is a waste of time.
To me it's like "hey hey please Manuel, I have a suggestion, that doesn't work at all !".

Return to “Instruments”