Black Rooster Audio offers the #STAYHOME BUNDLE

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

idk if it's of any interest to the general public but—if it makes a big difference to you to have the three things in one plugin vs. three plugins—there's an extremely extremely extremely good, free pultec plugin which puts all three things (the filters and the two other EQ boxes) in a single plugin, wherein the different things can be switched on and off within the greater context of the plugin.

it was released for free because it was developed to test out their new algorithm for simulating vacuum tubes. http://www.igniteamps.com/#pteq-x

((also i apologize for taking the subject away from BRA's sale, but in my defence i bought it already))

tbh, I enjoy BRA's pultec so much I got over the fact that i need to load them separately :)

Dip200 wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:24 pm @Blackrooster

Will Stayhome Bundle owners be treated like normal customers when it comes to future upgrade prices to new plugins ?

Also, are you Andre Kirchner ? If so, I always thought your plugins were coded by Raimund Dratwa, whose earlier/other work I really appreciated. But you said you have hardware and measurement equipment, so I'm wondering if you both code the plugins ?
And I also wonder if you coded plugins prior to Blackrooster and if so which plugins did you work on ?
Black Rooster Audio, as far as I know, is indeed André Kirchner. Back in 2016 both André and Reimund jumped ship from PluginAlliance and created Black Rooster Audio. About a year later, Reimund Dratwa also left Black Rooster to found his own Fuse Audio Lab brand. André did work on some of the good PA plugins (programming, modelling...). I remember the Vertigo VSC-2 compressor. I'm sure there are more, but I can only remember this one right now.
“In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.”

so does Reimund still work on BRA plugs?

Ploki wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:46 pm so does Reimund still work on BRA plugs?
https://fuseaudiolabs.com/#/pages/about
The art of knowing is knowing what to ignore.

El°HYM wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:18 pm

i already read this :P
doesn't really answer

escalona wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:29 am

Will Stayhome Bundle owners be treated like normal customers when it comes to future upgrade prices to new plugins ?

Also, are you Andre Kirchner ? If so, I always thought your plugins were coded by Raimund Dratwa, whose earlier/other work I really appreciated. But you said you have hardware and measurement equipment, so I'm wondering if you both code the plugins ?
And I also wonder if you coded plugins prior to Blackrooster and if so which plugins did you work on ?
Black Rooster Audio, as far as I know, is indeed André Kirchner. Back in 2016 both André and Reimund jumped ship from PluginAlliance and created Black Rooster Audio. About a year later, Reimund Dratwa also left Black Rooster to found his own Fuse Audio Lab brand. André did work on some of the good PA plugins (programming, modelling...). I remember the Vertigo VSC-2 compressor. I'm sure there are more, but I can only remember this one right now.
Reimund didn't leave BRA, he was never in BRA.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Burillo wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:33 pm
escalona wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:29 am

Reimund didn't leave BRA, he was never in BRA.
This points out an alternate reality though:
“In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.”

My understanding is he worked as a contractor. He developed for them, so he did "join" in that sense, but he wasn't a company employee.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Ploki wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:55 pm

doesn't really answer
He never worked there & Dirk told me, he actually never met him in Person. :party:

El°HYM wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:04 pm
He never worked there & Dirk told me, he actually never met him in Person. :party:
He did work FOR bra then, and i guess the question is does he still?
What does di*k have to do with this

Ploki wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:45 pm
He did work FOR bra then, and i guess the question is does he still?
What does di*k have to do with this
Well, nothing... I just wanted to cheer you up a bit, because of the Quarantine etc. :D

El°HYM wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:17 pm Well, nothing... I just wanted to cheer you up a bit, because of the Quarantine etc. :D
oh okay, thanks for the effort. :D

some side-topic banter:
a friend of mine sent me an A/B/../H test of 8 compressors on a drumbus. He didn't say which compressors they were, just that BRA is included (among others)

I picked Blueface and Blackface as the best two :D (Blackface as absolute best).
Others were some Waves, PA, and KlangHelm. :)

Burillo wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:30 pm My understanding is he worked as a contractor. He developed for them, so he did "join" in that sense, but he wasn't a company employee.
Sorry for chiming in here, I hope you don’t mind, but I’d like to take the chance to avoid misinformation from spreading.

So let me open up about it a bit: André and I met in 2011 when we were both working for BX, just before he left in early 2012. I remained with BX until mid/late 2016. I kept in touch on a friendly basis with André in the time in between. We’re both drummers and music fans, so obviously there’s a lot to talk about besides audio/plugins or related stuff. When I joined him, the Black Rooster Audio brand was already established - I always considered BRA André’s brainchild anyway. However, I became a 50% shareholder in early 2017, so yes I was a part of the company at one point, and helped to establish a full blown plugin framework and did the modeling and DSP code for all the titles released in 2017 (VPRE-73 being the last one iirc). It was a great and productive experience, but it didn’t work out for various reasons, no drama involved - I’m still on good terms with André - and that’s when I left as a managing partner to start Fuse. And yes, I did some contracting work for BRA since, e.g. the DSP code for the VLA-FET and I support the company where I can.

Hope that helps to clear things up a little and please stay safe everyone.

Now back to topic ;-)

Best,
Ray

Ploki wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:55 pm

doesn't really answer
You must be trolling, right :D

Return to “Effects”