Toneboosters Dual VCF

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Edited
Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 16, 2023 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

OK, sorry guys, please excuse my rant - you schooled me. And thanks :)

Really love the envelope follower on this. Very, very responsive. Only given the 70''s type A HP and LP filters a good workout as this was the one that I instantly liked and have only used it as the last in a chain of fx on a dense delay fx send. But had fun using the drawable lfo thingies (they are not lfos but I am knackered and can' t remember what they are called) and got some nice results with it. Looks like the actual points you create here can be automated? Nice! Need to read the manual but has a nice intuitive GUI. Definately needs an external sidechain option for the envelope follower - very surprised that this is not included. Hopefully in the next update. Separate speed rates for each lfo and also the option to choose the number of steps for each one would greatly enhance this plugin.

Great plugin. Well worth £19 to me. Will get plenty of use. Thanks again Tone Boosters.
Windows 10. Asus X99-Pro i7 6950X 10 Core 3GHz (Overclocked to 3.5GHz). Corsair DDR4 64GB Vengeance LPX 2400MHz. RME RayDAT. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970. UAD2 Quad+Octo. Reaper. A couple of plugins.

This is a very good sounding filter IMO - and I have already lots of filter plug ins. This Dual VCF will be used a lot.

gentleclockdivider wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:24 pm Bezier can be done with mouse wheel above breakpoint
Jeroen already said new filter types are coming .
Ahhh i wast testing on iOS, it isn't supported, he needs to fix that badly, a curve button.
Duh

hesnotthemessiah wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:10 am Definately needs an external sidechain option for the envelope follower
+1
And, imho, also needs lower than 0.1 LFO freq to add subtle movement to audio

Anyway, for 19 euro exceeds the expectations by far.

Edited
Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 16, 2023 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

trying out demo
Member 12, Studio One v6.5, VPS Avenger, Kontakt 7, Spitfire, Dune, Arturia, Sonible, Baby Audio, CableGuys, Nektar Panorama P1, Vaporizer 2 to test out

Any thoughts on the new filter model?

I'm not an expert by any means, they got surely better in 1.5 but I expect so much more... I already requested new filters similar to those on Diva and Discovery Pro (Zero Delay Feedback, simply another level), so far there was no feedback in this regard. Currently, they're not bad at all but I believe that a modern filter plugin should really feature more to emerge.
I'll probably buy it anyway soon, trusting in Jeroen adding enhancements over time with this kind of stuff, and also being afraid that the price could then increase... :)

- Mario

Biome_Digital wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 1:05 pm Any thoughts on the new filter model?
Much better, as is the distorsion model (and the added paralel routing option).
As Mabian wrote, there may be still room for improvements, but Dual VCF is really a very good filter already.

It’s not a bad filter and has a pretty low cpu footprint , but cytomic the drop blows it out of the water on any front .
I asked jeroen to make the limiter optional to improve low end boost when using hp+ reso , still the same weak response from the filter at the low end.
Otoh it’s nice that the developer listens to the customer , kudos to that
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

gentleclockdivider wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:08 am It’s not a bad filter and has a pretty low cpu footprint , but cytomic the drop blows it out of the water on any front .
I asked jeroen to make the limiter optional to improve low end boost when using hp+ reso , still the same weak response from the filter at the low end.
Otoh it’s nice that the developer listens to the customer , kudos to that
But The Drop only does LP/HP (and BP or notch in parallel) it can’t do the complex parallel filtershapes this can do... IMO they serve different purposes.

Not sure what the point was to have the LFO go into audiorate when the filter clearly cannot handle being updated at that rate at all.i like Jeroens stuff,but i have to say,these filters seem a bit phoned in.there's nothing special about them other than some really nasty sounding waveshapers before and after the filter inputs.the way it clamps resonance is no different to sticking an asymmetric waveshaper on the filter output.i'll stick with TheDrop
I

Totally agree with the above post
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Return to “Effects”