New Pigments 2 Thread (On Topic Discussion Only, Please)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Palette for Arturia Pigments 2 Pigments 5

wagtunes wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:07 pm I have looked everywhere to try to figure this out but am at the end of my rope. There appears no way to loop a sample in Pigments 2 between two points. Yes, you can designate a start point in your sample, but you can't...

1. Designate an end point so that the loop goes back and forth between those two points.
Try the Edit tab next to the Main tab. You can drag the handles to designate the start and end of the sample and this also acts as the loop start and end points. You can then select the Loop option in the Playback section and choose the mode as F&B or Forward. You can also adjust the 'Loop Fade' knob to make the points crossfade.
2. Designate a loop section so that the sample starts at point A, and then hits points B and C and proceeds to loop back and forth between loops B and C.
It's the same process as the above, in this case you set the start point of the loop to be your B.
So unless you have a very smooth loop to begin with, creating sustained sounds with loops in Pigments 2 is choppy at best.

I would think this would be basic functionality when working with samples. How does Pigments 2 not have this?
Pigments has this. It's an oversight on your part.

exponent1 wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:57 pm
wagtunes wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:07 pm I have looked everywhere to try to figure this out but am at the end of my rope. There appears no way to loop a sample in Pigments 2 between two points. Yes, you can designate a start point in your sample, but you can't...

1. Designate an end point so that the loop goes back and forth between those two points.
Try the Edit tab next to the Main tab. You can drag the handles to designate the start and end of the sample and this also acts as the loop start and end points. You can then select the Loop option in the Playback section and choose the mode as F&B or Forward. You can also adjust the 'Loop Fade' knob to make the points crossfade.
2. Designate a loop section so that the sample starts at point A, and then hits points B and C and proceeds to loop back and forth between loops B and C.
It's the same process as the above, in this case you set the start point of the loop to be your B.
So unless you have a very smooth loop to begin with, creating sustained sounds with loops in Pigments 2 is choppy at best.

I would think this would be basic functionality when working with samples. How does Pigments 2 not have this?
Pigments has this. It's an oversight on your part.
Well, it isn't in the manual. In fact, there is no manual for version 2.0. At least none that I can find.

Oversight? Perhaps. But if you don't know what it is you're looking for, it isn't obvious.

sinemotor wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:07 pm Here is the manual : http://downloads.arturia.net/products/p ... 1_1_EN.pdf
Thank you. The manual I have is 1_1_1.

Actually, Pigments reads the sample points embedded in the WAV files. So, if you have an audio editor (like Wavelab, Sound Forge, whatever), you can create loop points in there, and when you import the sample into Pigments, it will loop perfectly. No need to edito the loop in Pigments, it's not the ideal for that, anyway. :shrug:
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:21 pm Actually, Pigments reads the sample points embedded in the WAV files. So, if you have an audio editor (like Wavelab, Sound Forge, whatever), you can create loop points in there, and when you import the sample into Pigments, it will loop perfectly. No need to edito the loop in Pigments, it's not the ideal for that, anyway. :shrug:
Unfortunately, I don't own Wavelab. I can't justify the expense for something that I will hardly ever use.

wagtunes wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:23 pm
fmr wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:21 pm Actually, Pigments reads the sample points embedded in the WAV files. So, if you have an audio editor (like Wavelab, Sound Forge, whatever), you can create loop points in there, and when you import the sample into Pigments, it will loop perfectly. No need to edito the loop in Pigments, it's not the ideal for that, anyway. :shrug:
Unfortunately, I don't own Wavelab. I can't justify the expense for something that I will hardly ever use.
Wavelab Elements is not that expensive. But you can even try to purchase a license of Sound Forge Pro 11 (I have some spare ones, because it was being offered with several DAWs, and I'm sure others have too). You will buy them pretty cheap. But you can use whatever creates loop points in the audio file.
Fernando (FMR)

All Arturia manuals, including Pigments 2, are located here:

https://www.arturia.com/support/downloads&manuals

fmr wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:29 pm
Wavelab Elements is not that expensive. But you can even try to purchase a license of Sound Forge Pro 11 (I have some spare ones, because it was being offered with several DAWs, and I'm sure others have too). You will buy them pretty cheap. But you can use whatever creates loop points in the audio file.
WAvelab Elements is $100. It might as well be $10,000. I am dead broke. I have spent no money this year with the exception of having to replace my controller keyboard because it broke. Other than that, this has been an expense free year. Maybe when the govt sends me my Corona Virus check.

Sorry to hear that :shrug: Anyway. I leave you the suggestion to try to find a spare license of Sound Forge Pro 11. It would the service perfectly well, and I'm sure you can find a license cheaper than $99
Fernando (FMR)

Maybe try Wavosaur or Endless WAV

wagtunes wrote: Unfortunately, I don't own Wavelab. I can't justify the expense for something that I will hardly ever use.
If youre not one of them 'looks are more important than functionality' people you can get yourself a copy of Wavosaur. The UI is straight from Windows 95, but i dont think you will find anything more full-featured for free. It seems to have all the important stuff and then some, like VST support, where you can set up entire chains via a virtual rack. If you want to know more go to the site and click 'features page' in the opening text.

PS: It was updated just a few days ago. (March 20). 64bit is there too.

(Bleh, 2 minutes too late.)

ENV1 wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:07 pm
wagtunes wrote: Unfortunately, I don't own Wavelab. I can't justify the expense for something that I will hardly ever use.
If youre not one of them 'looks are more important than functionality' people you can get yourself a copy of Wavosaur. The UI is straight from Windows 95, but i dont think you will find anything more full-featured for free. It seems to have all the important stuff and then some, like VST support, where you can set up entire chains via a virtual rack. If you want to know more go to the site and click 'features page' in the opening text.

PS: It was updated just a few days ago. (March 20). 64bit is there too.
Windows 95 UI is right up my alley. I'll look into it.

perpetual3 wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:39 pm All Arturia manuals, including Pigments 2, are located here:

https://www.arturia.com/support/downloads&manuals

Return to “Instruments”