Is Serato Sample a good fit for me?

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm looking for a sampler that will allow me to quickly manipulate samples (pitch-shift, reverse, timestretch, etc.). I have Geist 2, Kontakt 5, and a few others, but I confess that I haven't really dug deep into any of them.

Just saw that Serato Sample is on sale for $50 at PB. Is this something worth the money, given what I already have?
A well-behaved signature.

Anybody? Buehler? Buehler?

Try the demo and compare it to your other plugins. I like how it sounds and I like its simplicity. Pitch 'n Time sounds very natural to me, unlike the Time Machine I remember from Intakt. Never heard Kontakt's Time Machine Pro timestretch/pitchshift algorithm. Perhaps that it sounds nice too.

Btw a free LE version of Serato Sample comes with the Novation Sound Collective:

https://novationmusic.com/en/sound-collective

Lotuz2019 wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:49 am Try the demo and compare it to your other plugins. I like how it sounds and I like its simplicity. Pitch 'n Time sounds very natural to me, unlike the Time Machine I remember from Intakt. Never heard Kontakt's Time Machine Pro timestretch/pitchshift algorithm. Perhaps that it sounds nice too.

Btw a free LE version of Serato Sample comes with the Novation Sound Collective:

https://novationmusic.com/en/sound-collective
Thanks, I have also heard good things about Pitch 'n Time. Will check it out.

Unpopular opinion but u gotta check tal sampler

kavin2134 wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:44 am Unpopular opinion but u gotta check tal sampler
I have it, but isn't its feature set quite a bit different from Serato?

Is it a good fit for you ?

How tall are you ? :)
No auto tune...

4'25"

What DAW do you use?

I found it to be rather simple (not a bad thing!) Easy to drag + drop an audio file in, "auto generate" samples from a single audio file which get applied to pads automatically. Can do some basic manipulation. It's quick and easy to use, no frills.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”