Launchkey Mini MK3 on Bitwig 3.1.2 - why is it failing?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi guys,

with all that Corona madness keeping everybody home during eastern, I purchased a Novation Launchkey Mini MK3 to keep myself busy. :D My idea was to use it with Bitwig 3.1.2 instead of Ableton Live.

Checking on the internet, I found Moss' extension and installed it (V. 8.94). Although the controller itself shows up in the preferences of Bitwig, it somehow fails to respond. It seems like there is no mapping for the controller and none of its controls (including the keyboard) show any effect inside of Bitwig. :(

To understand if there might be something wrong with the hardware, I tried it with Ableton - it works as expected there, although I had to run a firmware update first. Nevertheless, I would not want to switch to Ableton just because of that.

Does anybody have an idea?

TechSpecs: I'm running Windows 10 (latest updates) on an Intel Core i7 Quad with 32 GB of RAM.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on this, stay healthy, cheers,

Captain Haddock

Have you checked this?
https://github.com/git-moss/DrivenByMos ... MiniMk3.md

Especially this part:
If you added the controller manually, choose the 2nd MIDI port ("DAW port") of the device as in-/output. Select the first port as the 2nd input ("MIDI port").

Hi,

thanks for the hint. I had tried to configure the controller manually before, following these instructions. It did not make a change back then, though.

The funny thing is that, without any changes to the config, the controller is now working. On the one hand, I am happy about it, but on the other, I hate it when things like these happen. It's a drag when behavior changes without being able to explain why. :neutral:

I guess that's it for the moment. Thanks again!

Cheers,

CH

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”