Exponential Audio Excalibur

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

SLiC wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:45 am
jens wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:42 am As I mentioned somewhere here before, I think especially when judging the individual effects on their own they fall behind even much more... the chorus, phaser, flanger are all a bad joke to me - heck, I think even the reverb sounds terrible
Sounds like you should have demoed it before you bought it...even a tenner is too much if you really don't like the way something sounds!! I am sure you will be able to sell it for what you paid once the sale is off!

A lot of people seem to like it, but these things are always a matter of taste, the first review below mis an interesting read/take.

https://soundbytesmag.net/review-excali ... ial-audio/
https://www.musicradar.com/reviews/tech ... bur-624340
I did so - like I said, I voiced my opinion here before i. e. way before I bought it - and as my first sentence after doing so said: I just couldn't resist and I most certainly am not complaining at all.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

has the offer changed?, it is now a crossgrade, from any izotope, exponantial audio product. i have izotope stuff. and the phoenixverb..
i mean the tenner offer. maybe i am now awake yet. or i saw it wrong. it my case it does not matter. for a tenner, still (even if i have many modular ecoystems, or semi-modular plugins, that are quite powerfull, i fall for this kind of plugins).
Last edited by WasteLand on Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Yup- now says -

Excalibur Crossgrade from ANY iZotope product (including Exponential Audio Products)

https://www.pluginboutique.com/products/5226-Excalibur
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:35 am Yup- now says -

Excalibur Crossgrade from ANY iZotope product (including Exponential Audio Products)

https://www.pluginboutique.com/products/5226-Excalibur
but who does not own a izotope product. iris 2, trash 2, ozone elements, nektar elements, neutron elements are all give away free.. at some time...

The whole deal has been a bit weird as it was never really promoted or on the first page like the 90% off deals normally are...kinda buried.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Yeah, might have been a mistake.

Anyway, I own a few Exponential Audio/iZotope plugins now, so, I feel entitled anyway. ;)

SLiC wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:30 am The whole deal has been a bit weird as it was never really promoted or on the first page like the 90% off deals normally are...kinda buried.
as with the phoenixverb, strangely enough. more deals are buried on pluginboutique. o well...

Btw, found bummer it seems.
For some reason, modulation of "Delay Time" knob not cover full range of this knob, but has just little piece if impact even at maximal modulation amount.
It's fun, but full modulation of exactly this parameter quite could be the only gem in whole plugin.

Simple example (for reproduce what i mean): for example let assign modulation to "V1 FBack" knob first - click "FBack Mod", in mod. list select "Square Wave", and set "V1 FbkModAmt" to maximum.
Set "V1 Fback" knob to minimum (for better see range of yellow line), and increase "Gen1 fc" knob (for increase modulation frequency).
Now run daw transport at any audio material (without incoming audio yellow mod. line will be inactive), and you see (and hear) that yellow line cover full range of Fbk parameter, as should be.

And now do the same for "V1 Delay Time" knob. His yellow line will be cover about just fourth or fifth of the entire range.
That is it.

Or can be check thru select "Knob" as modulator instead square, and turning "Soft Knob" - you will see the same difference in mod. range line, under Fback and DelayTime.

Have you guys/gals compared to UA Byome by chance? I already have multi FX from UA, Cableguys, Eventide and Soundtoys. Excalibur is a steal at $10 but there seems to be too much overlap with my other stuff.
Last edited by v1o on Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

v1o wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:21 pm I already multi FX from UA
Even with just this, i think you will not miss anything.
The only minor advantages of Excalibur i guess, it's near to zero cpu usage, and impressive automatable list, which really huge.
In rest, i believe that if has all of UA fx's, they can give a much more.

Talk about a great deal... I had virtual cash with Plugin Boutique, so I was able to get Excalibur for free!
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

According to Music Radar:

"Michael Carnes spent 25 years working at Lexicon, contributing to such classic devices as the 960L reverb."
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

No demo's?

Daimonicon wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:35 pm No demo's?
There's plenty on YT.
No signature here!

c_voltage wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:34 pm
v1o wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:21 pm I already multi FX from UA
Even with just this, i think you will not miss anything.
The only minor advantages of Excalibur i guess, it's near to zero cpu usage, and impressive automatable list, which really huge.
In rest, i believe that if has all of UA fx's, they can give a much more.
I have all UA and still amd happy with Excalibur at $10 - for example the resonator sounds different to BYOME. I am goign to spend a bit of time with it to get a few chorus presets I like - I think all the modulation will work well with that. It seems to embed nicely inside BlueCat Late Replies so that will get some use as well

Return to “Effects”