Akai MPC Live 2: coming soon!

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

MPC should have stayed as classic MPC. Trying to be like a DAW or touch screen etc killed it for me.
I got the most fun with 3000 and 4000.

andypryce wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:59 pm MPC should have stayed as classic MPC. Trying to be like a DAW or touch screen etc killed it for me.
I got the most fun with 3000 and 4000.
While I overall agree with this statement, in regards to the DAW direction, users can limit the amount of functionality to take advantage of in a device. However, the touch-screen workflow is definitely a deal breaker for me, and caused me to lose interest in the present MPCs. In addition, I prefer the traditional monochromatic displays on older MPCs, as I find them easier to digest information.

In spite of being tethered to a PC, I actually enjoyed working with the MPC Renaissance when the software did not crash :x . I have not used my MPC Renaissance in well over 18 months, as I am mostly working in a DAW-less environment at this time. However, if Akai releases a standalone MPC Renaissance, which I understand will never happen, I will most certainly purchase a unit upon release, but continue to used it in a more old school method.

:lol: :lol: :o :dog: The touch screen is literally the USP. Welcome to 2020.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

EnochLight wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:54 pm I really hope the 3.0 update brings a lot of welcome changes, but the things I'm really holding out for aren't really changes to how it fundamentally works. I just want more plugins in standalone (Hype Synth featured on the Force being one; the new Drum Synth teased at NAMM recently is the other), and true disc streaming. That's... pretty much it. :party:

Whether they deliver on that stuff, and deliver before the end of 2020 is anyone's guess. I'm betting 2021 at the earliest, because Akai are notoriously slow. :lol:
Well, looks like I was right about it being 2021! :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHZZIhrV6lk
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”