UVI Falcon - hybrid instrument - version 3.01 released - rumors, ads, praise, mud wrestling and off-topic inside!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

I have to start watching those youtube tutorials, so I can get something out of this. Not the easiest synth to play with :)

Last edited by newuser2014 on Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Falcon user since 2015

Lazarus451 wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:28 am Not the easiest synth to play with :)
That's because it isn't a synth... :o
it's a multi-engine, multi-layer, multi-channel workstation :lol:
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

Falcon 1 user and just updated to 2 a few weeks ago.

Thanks a lot UVI for the great software and the free update. I use Falcon for a lot of resampling and creating own patches and it is probably the best running and sounding piece of software I own (and way more performant than other competitors in this area) :tu:

If I could add one suggestion, I think it would be great to have the option of setting a custom sample path when using "Save Multi As". So instead of having each save to "(MultiName) Samples" give options to save to custom Folders.

Question for the Falcon experts. I have noticed that often when I go to edit a patch from one of the UVI soundbanks, I like to see which sample is playing when I hit a key. For example let's say I hit C3. C3 lights up on the keyboard in the Falcon UI. I click on the keygroup above that key which highlights and selects that keygroup. But when I hit that key again, the sample it is playing is not the sample that's displayed. I scan through the other keygroups and find that some other sample is actually playing, for example G2. I'm making up an example here but I think that gets the general idea across, mainly that the sample playing often doesn't appear to be the one assigned to the keygroup mapped to that key.

What typically causes this? Does it have to do with the root key?

It's likely transposed note via script.

Can someone help me understand where the effects are coming from in this patch? I took the "Black Hole" patch from "Cinematic Shades" library and _I thought_ disabled all of the effects, modulation, etc.

If I play a note, it latches as expected, and then if I turn off the oscillator (Synthetic->Keygroup 1->Wavetable) I hear what appears to be a long delay and reverb tail. But I have NO idea where those effects are. As mentioned, I believe I've disabled all effects, and I don't see anything in the mixer.

I've zipped up and attached the multi file.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

padillac wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:54 pm Can someone help me understand where the effects are coming from in this patch? I took the "Black Hole" patch from "Cinematic Shades" library and _I thought_ disabled all of the effects, modulation, etc.

If I play a note, it latches as expected, and then if I turn off the oscillator (Synthetic->Keygroup 1->Wavetable) I hear what appears to be a long delay and reverb tail. But I have NO idea where those effects are. As mentioned, I believe I've disabled all effects, and I don't see anything in the mixer.

I've zipped up and attached the multi file.
Go to Tree view, and down the tree Master -> Part 1-> Black Hole there are 4 Aux busses. Aux 1 and Aux 2 hold the Revedb and Delay Effects.

Thank you! That’s really cool, I didn’t realize that programs had their own aux busses.

It appears as though the aux bus only processes if there’s an active effect on it, which is cool.

Okay so it looks like you can send from both a layer and a keygroup. What does the PreFader option on the keygroup send correspond to? On the layer send, enabling PreFader means you can bring the layer gain to -Inf and it still send to the aux. I would expect keygroup PreFader to mean you can bring keygroup gain to -Inf and it still sends, but that’s not the case. In fact it seems like PreFader option on a keygroup send doesn’t do anything at all.

Anyway this is super cool!! A whole new dimension I didn’t even know about.

I can't asnwer the prefader option but keep experimenting. Even the OSC's have some options only availabe in tree view. And watch the tutorials on UVIs youtube (especially the ones made by Dan Worrall) he'll teach you a lot (just bare in mind that he used an older version adn some modules became more complex meanwhile)

Okay here's an example patch of what I'm talking about. I would expect to be able to reduce the Keygroup gain to -Inf and still hear sound, because the Keygroup Send has PreFader checked. But turning the Keygroup gain knob down reduces the volume until it's eventually silent. So I'm not sure what PreFader does in the Keygroup send.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Will have to take a look, but it's probably disabled otherwise you won't have any envelopes applied to your aux send so it will clearly not sound good.
The option should probably just not be there :)
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team
http://www.uvi.net

Just bought a .ufs for Falcon, and the UVI Portal is PAINfully slow. I cancelled all the updates (pretty much everything); after 3 hours only one was off zero (3%!!), but the new download is showing 2 DAYS as the estimate. Is there no better way!? I want my Augmented Piano, booHoo!!

I really don't understand that (I said that already before). Each and every time I download something from UVI (manual, not through their manager) I have downloadrates of about 27 mb/s.... I am in Germany.

I just tried to download aug. piano: 28 mb/s, Estimated time 7 minutes... but I stopped it as I don't want to waste bandwidth for others....

Return to “Instruments”