Pianoteq 6!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Pianoteq Pro 8 Pianoteq Standard 8

And as it keeps trying to get closer to real Acoustic sound its probably going to take much more work to improve what little version 6 is missing.
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

Improvising with a modified cimbalom patch - Pianoteq Pro - first I improvised the music, then automation was added in a second pass, GRM SpaceGrain provides some granular action, tweaked on the fly while recording the video. The timbres this produces are quite amazing and sound very organic and musical (imho).

https://youtu.be/NZbV1YDrlRo

Plucked instrument made with Pianoteq Pro 6, a hybrid between harp and tabla and whatever else comes to your mind. Plenty of notes were edited individually which is the feature I love most...

https://youtu.be/GY3s2nX_qQw

Brillllll…When does your patch library come out, Simon?

David wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:52 pm Brillllll…When does your patch library come out, Simon?
Thanks. No such plans just yet but at some point it will become inevitable :)

Plenty of notes were edited individually which is the feature I love most...
Me, too! This is the onlyt thing I've yet found that actually can work as a per-key "piano-preparer" plugin, even if the Steinway D Prepared preset hardly even starts to show what is possible.

I don't see so far that anyone's done a Luthéal piano patch; hope I'm wrong, but I look forward to trying my own beginner's hand at such a thing. Coming close-ish is certainly easy enough:)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luthéal

are all these other physical models like harps and cimbalom only available in the pro version? Or are they add on packs, or how does that work?

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:28 pm are all these other physical models like harps and cimbalom only available in the pro version? Or are they add on packs, or how does that work?
They're addons, with PT Pro you get 4 instruments iirc, so I chose 2 pianos, harp and steel pans.

Aren't all the available instruments actually built on the same PM engine? And so each one could theoretically be converted into any others just with the Pro version's editing windows…?

That tabla harp sounds great! :tu:
Is that right that the pro version let you create whatever you can imagine (at least in terms of what is theoretical possible with Pianoteq 6).
Or are additional packs/extensions needed for some editing features?

David wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:08 pm Aren't all the available instruments actually built on the same PM engine? And so each one could theoretically be converted into any others just with the Pro version's editing windows…?
No, each instrument uses a different PM algo so you won't get a Steinway out of the harp model.

Well, the main physical modeling engine is the same for all instruments (from what I gathered in my talks with Modartt people), it's the internal parameterization that is different between each modelled instrument. So you can't go from one to another just with Pianoteq Pro.

Sampleconstruct wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:12 pm
David wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:08 pm Aren't all the available instruments actually built on the same PM engine? And so each one could theoretically be converted into any others just with the Pro version's editing windows…?
No, each instrument uses a different PM algo so you won't get a Steinway out of the harp model.
Cool:) Where is this described? I'd like more details!

Are "instruments" distinguished simply by name in the Browser; e.g., is the Celtic Harp a different "instrument" than the Concert Harp?

EvilDragon wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:39 pm Well, the main physical modeling engine is the same for all instruments (from what I gathered in my talks with Modartt people), it's the internal parameterization that is different between each modelled instrument. So you can't go from one to another just with Pianoteq Pro.
I guess that's the more precise answer, so it's not different algos but different basic settings which can't be changed by the user, otherwise their whole model of selling add-ons wouldn't work.

Return to “Instruments”