Is ther any difference in Line-Inputs?

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey Guys :)

I wonder if there is any noticeable difference in Line Inputs from tow difference priced Audio Interfaces...

Let's say we have an interface for around 400 Dollar/Euro and one for 1200 Dollar/Euro

Sure the mic preamps are different.. but are the Line inputs different as well?

I'm asking, because I want to buy a new Interface to record all my synth at the same time :)

thanks a lot!

I think the line inputs are different too, but less than the higher gain pre-amps.
The line-ins are built differently in each sound card, the manufacturer constructs their Analog to Digital Converter differently. Any difference in audio will be very minimal though, if you buy a well regarded soundcard, you'll find it will do the job fine

Hard to say if the difference comes from line input or other part of the sound interface.
I think the overall quality of the product affects the quality of the recording, even if it's done via the line input.
Cheap interfaces aren't bad, but they don't provide that clarity and depth like pro level interfaces.

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”