Selectively install/uninstall components from Reason Studio

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have Reason Studio 11 installed, but realized I have things that I just won't ever use installed - has anyone ever selectively uninstalled components?

I'd like to remove Orkester, Pangea and Humana, but not sure how to. Can't find anything on the Reason website either.

Anyone managed to do this on a Mac?

Forgotten wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:07 am I have Reason Studio 11 installed, but realized I have things that I just won't ever use installed - has anyone ever selectively uninstalled components?

I'd like to remove Orkester, Pangea and Humana, but not sure how to. Can't find anything on the Reason website either.

Pangea & Humana are 'optional content' you have to install separately anyway, so you can just delete them from c:/users/[...]/music/propellerhead content/optional devices

I don't think Reason will let you delete Orkester, though.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

antic604 wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:12 am
Forgotten wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:07 am I have Reason Studio 11 installed, but realized I have things that I just won't ever use installed - has anyone ever selectively uninstalled components?

Pangea & Humana are 'optional content' you have to install separately anyway, so you can just delete them from c:/users/[...]/music/propellerhead content/optional devices

I don't think Reason will let you delete Orkester, though.
That's the Windows path, but it's probably easy to find the location on a Mac. Maybe I'll just try deleting them, restart and see what happens.

Forgotten wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:08 pm That's the Windows path, but it's probably easy to find the location on a Mac.
Sorry, I don't speak OSX :)
Music tech enthusiast

One thing that might help? I've been cleaning out the plugins folder.
At the top, under 'Windows' there's 'Manage Content' and 'Manage Plugins' which let you delete or turn off plugins that then won't start when Reason does.
The last thing I was able to find on the Reason Studios website is that Reason will download the required soundsets automatically if you don't have them installed. That seems... off? I guess they decided that hard drive space is such that everyone should keep Orkester whether they use it or not. I personally used that refill a bunch when it first came out, but not so much once I switched to Native Instruments for my orchestral sounds.
But if you want to find those files, I'm on Mac OS X Mojave, 10.14.6, with Reason Studio 11, and the sound files are in Hard Drive/Library/Application Support/Propellerhead Software/Soundbanks/Reason Suite 11
Mac OS 10.14.6 2017 iMac 27" 3.8ghz 5k 64gb 1TB Reason Studios 11, Ableton 10, and various odds and ends of plug-ins.
Windows 10 Pro 18363.815

I see the 'Manage Content', which will allow me to install the extra content, but it doesn't have any option to uninstall the content - it just seems like a one way street.

Forgotten wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:45 pmI see the 'Manage Content', which will allow me to install the extra content, but it doesn't have any option to uninstall the content - it just seems like a one way street.
That's why I told you to delete the files for Pangea & Humana manually...
Music tech enthusiast

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”