Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

Worth noting that Maat Digital is dropping Wibu as of 30 June - https://www.maat.digital/support/

Cloud-based means need to be online, at least from time to time :shrug:

It's at least a great decision for MAAT to get away from CM (though the better tactics would have been to not sell outdated plugins for ridiculously high prices). But it's sad to see that more devs make us customers completely dependent on them like with activation servers. I mean we've already bought the products, make us use them when we want to. It doesn't feel right to beg companies every now and then to grant me permission to use the plugin (if I'm lucky it gets granted, if not for whatever reason I'm f*cked).

How about Reason? I was interested in this but doesnt it use code meter as well?
I guess if codemeter is more secure than ilok or elicenser it might be it isnt so spread like ilok for example? I dont know any products using codemeter other than Avenger. Also on fb page people have probs with codemeter. It is nesrly more posts about codemeter than music itself it seems :D
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

I really don't get why they didn't chose eLicencer, like they did for every other Vengeance product I own... but it's too late to change the history.
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

DJErmac wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:05 pm I really don't get why they didn't chose eLicencer, like they did for every other Vengeance product I own... but it's too late to change the history.
It's never too late. It's a matter of drawing a line in the sand and saying "ok we were wrong" and it take a lot to do that. Ilok and or elicenser are my preference. But what do most of you Avenger users want???

I've always wanted eLicenser and said it in this topic when they were about to switch, as I already use one for all my Vengeance products.
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

Kumi_27 wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:27 pm Cloud-based means need to be online, at least from time to time :shrug:
Yikes, their FAQ says it calls home once every hour.

But you apparently can exchange your online license with some sort of offline license that seems to work like a C/R license.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

New demo for the upcoming Moog expansion
https://youtu.be/xeRVyO3qo9U
My sounddesign: Synth1/Ex5/D-50 patches https://goo.gl/zE3pkk
My stuff: W10x64i7 15" laptop, Reaper/Cantabile3+Synth1+Avenger on stage+NordStage2+Samson Graphite 49
Loving new VPS Avenger! Check my skins! https://goo.gl/MBNJHj

We are very happy with the CP. We did not plan atm to change anything. It works well for us and most of the users. Of course we will continue to improve it. Any customer who wants to do an update and encounters a problem will be helped and guided by the support. There wasnt an impossible task yet.
And who doesnt want to get new sounds, new features, skins and new XPs should stay with 1.4.10. I cant stop to repeat that. Nothing has been taken from you, you are just refusing free gifts, which you can do of course if you think you must. And dont tell me you bought Avenger to buy eventually future released XPs. Its a synth, do your own sounds with it. You dont buy Sylenth or Dune because of their soundsets. Dune3 and 2 dont read older XPs, too. +there are 3rd parties who still do XPs for 1.4.10. Version 2.0 in the future will be a paid update anyways.
Sorry to say that, but the fb group is not the correct place for discussions, as ppl tend to get very very offensive in fb these days. I prefer moderated forums, that ppl usually dont behave like 100 kg babies. And yes no matter if some ppl just refuse to face reality, codemeter is very poor solution and no matter how many will continue to attack those ppl that say the truth, the truth will not change.
its moderated. From time to time there is china spam or topics like track posts, which are deleted. To sum it up: the tone and friendlyness of people is FAR better than here. People really help each other. Criticism is well laid out and not just offensive trolling like here. And the "truth" is always a matter of view. From my view, Codemeter is the best solution we could do: no dongle requirement for dongle-less users. Offline possibility for 90 days. Still 3 activations possible (elicenser only 1!). Safe and uncracked. From your view its the devil. Who is right now?
Last edited by msvs on Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:33 am, edited 4 times in total.

Cloud based does not work for me at all. It can always happen that the internet fails and then you are standing there. I will never support pure online solutions.

That's right, Manuel. As a user I have no desire to switch to a new system repeatedly. At some point it has to be good. CM works well and with the V-Manager you now have a good help to activate, deactivate or reactivate Avenger.

From my view, Codemeter is the best solution we could do: no dongle requirement for dongle-less users. Offline possibility for 90 days.
Sorry, but how would I make it an Online Activation where I would be getting more than 3 Months at a time? My rig has been Powered On and Online pretty much constantly since Dec. 2019 and my Avenger Lic thru CodeMeter expired several weeks ago. This was the first time I'd powered on Avenger in a little while. I was able to ReActivate but it's showing it's only good until July 6, 2020. Is there a way to set up CM to Run the Auth Automatically so I don't have to set my iCal?

thx for any info~

AcademyCurveMusic wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:22 amIs there a way to set up CM to Run the Auth Automatically so I don't have to set my iCal?
Would be nice for Manuel to confirm, but I believe they said they were looking at exactly this. IMO that's the point where 90% of people stop worrying about the whole thing, not to belittle the 10% who have ongoing issues.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

msvs wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:26 am We are very happy with the CP. We did not plan atm to change anything. It works well for us and most of the users.
'Most of the users'... so what % of your users are you happy to alienate/loose over this choice?
msvs wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:26 am
From my view, Codemeter is the best solution we could do: no dongle requirement for dongle-less users. Offline possibility for 90 days. Still 3 activations possible (elicenser only 1!). Safe and uncracked. From your view its the devil. Who is right now?
Who is right now? Generally speaking it is the customer that is right! did you even consider that here may be a reason why almost no other VST manufacturer is using this system?

Anyway, time will tell if this has been good for your business, but from the outside looking in it appears to be a fiasco in terms of communication and marketing.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Return to “Instruments”