Black Rooster Audio offers the #STAYHOME BUNDLE

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

fuseaudiolabs wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:33 pm
Burillo wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:30 pm My understanding is he worked as a contractor. He developed for them, so he did "join" in that sense, but he wasn't a company employee.
Sorry for chiming in here, I hope you don’t mind, but I’d like to take the chance to avoid misinformation from spreading.

So let me open up about it a bit: André and I met in 2011 when we were both working for BX, just before he left in early 2012. I remained with BX until mid/late 2016. I kept in touch on a friendly basis with André in the time in between. We’re both drummers and music fans, so obviously there’s a lot to talk about besides audio/plugins or related stuff. When I joined him, the Black Rooster Audio brand was already established - I always considered BRA André’s brainchild anyway. However, I became a 50% shareholder in early 2017, so yes I was a part of the company at one point, and helped to establish a full blown plugin framework and did the modeling and DSP code for all the titles released in 2017 (VPRE-73 being the last one iirc). It was a great and productive experience, but it didn’t work out for various reasons, no drama involved - I’m still on good terms with André - and that’s when I left as a managing partner to start Fuse. And yes, I did some contracting work for BRA since, e.g. the DSP code for the VLA-FET and I support the company where I can.

Hope that helps to clear things up a little and please stay safe everyone.

Now back to topic ;-)

Best,
Ray

^Cool! I do like both of your companies a lot, actually. :tu: :phones:

P.S. That was just to cheer @Ploki up a bit, no pun intended! :oops:
The art of knowing is knowing what to ignore.

Both Fuse and BRA are pretty damn awesome. I have loads of plugins from both (well, all of the BRA ones now, obviously) and a ton of the Fuse ones. Real high quality stuff.
A bit fried in the higher freqs

I like to support developers that are really into delivering the highest quality, not just through meticulous, intricate modelling of devices but also giving serious thought to internal processing / anti-aliasing (oversampling) etc. There are only a few developers that really go that extra. Both Black Rooster and Fuse Audio are in that list in my opinion, along with Acustica Audio, Tokyo Dawn Labs and Voxengo. If there's any others I should know please tell me!

This sounds OCD pedantic but I have an "A-Grade" plugin folder in my DAW that I store these plugins that pass all my blind tests and look exquisite in Plugindoctor (ie: noisefloor so low it's below analysis, no truncation, low aliasing etc). These are the ones I reach for when I don't want to accumulatively degrade the signal AT ALL even with the lightest touch.
Last edited by MogwaiBoy on Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Double-post, whoops.

@MogwaiBoy I would add Cytomic to that list of developers.

riddim83 wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:00 am @MogwaiBoy I would add Cytomic to that list of developers.
Yes. BIG Yes! The Glue truly respects the audio signal you feed it.

MogwaiBoy wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:44 am I like to support developers that are really into delivering the highest quality, not just through meticulous, intricate modelling of devices but also giving serious thought to internal processing / anti-aliasing (oversampling) etc. There are only a few developers that really go that extra. Both Black Rooster and Fuse Audio are in that list in my opinion, along with Acustica Audio, Tokyo Dawn Labs and Voxengo. If there's any others I should know please tell me!

This sounds OCD pedantic but I have an "A-Grade" plugin folder in my DAW that I store these plugins that pass all my blind tests and look exquisite in Plugindoctor (ie: noisefloor so low it's below analysis, no truncation, low aliasing etc). These are the ones I reach for when I don't want to accumulatively degrade the signal AT ALL even with the lightest touch.
i suffer from the same OCD, i don't like sloppy plugins - and if i find one, i search for an alternative.
That's one thing i don't like about PA - a lot of them are just garbage in that department, and the inconsistency is rampant.
It matters how it sounds first and foremost, but basic plugin hygiene in 2020 is not rocket science - if a dev is too lazy to do it, i generally just don't bother with them.
Anyway, add FabFilter, D16 and u-he to that list :)

Ploki wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:02 am Anyway, add FabFilter, D16 and u-he to that list :)
Did anyone mention Valhalla?

Yes yes yes! We should start an "A-Grade" list thread with analysis / comparisons. We can nerd out to Plugindoctor harmonic plots. Only the best make the list. I have another: Fielding DSP 'Reviver', potentially the cleanest harmonic saturator available? Although have you seen* Warmifier in Plugindoctor? :o

Plugin Alliance throw the term "Mastering Grade" around way too much.

* disclaimer: yes these plugs SOUND great first and foremost.

Love me some warmifier! We should probably move to another thread tho

Dip200 wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:24 pm @Blackrooster

Will Stayhome Bundle owners be treated like normal customers when it comes to future upgrade prices to new plugins ?

Also, are you Andre Kirchner ? If so, I always thought your plugins were coded by Raimund Dratwa, whose earlier/other work I really appreciated. But you said you have hardware and measurement equipment, so I'm wondering if you both code the plugins ?
And I also wonder if you coded plugins prior to Blackrooster and if so which plugins did you work on ?
1.) Yes, for future releases and bundles, everyone will be handled the same. Or do you have a certain expectation on how #STAYHOME bundle users shall be treated differently? Just want to have a fair handle for every future purpose.

2.) Black Rooster Audio has been Reimund and me, André Kirchner. While Reimund is also focussing on his own brand "Fuse Audio Labs", he is also the developer behind most of the Black Rooster Audio plug-ins. I have been focussing a lot on GUI and Product design. So the BRA GUIs are the results of my work.

3.) I have been working for Brainworx, SPL and Plugin Alliance in the past (together with Reimund).
Black Rooster Audio
https://blackroosteraudio.com
Wuppertal, Germany

i think the question was more along the lines of, since we got the bundle so cheap, it may have strings attached in terms of bigger upgrade price or something. an argument could be made that it isn't fair to you for us to expect the same upgrade pricing on future plugins.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Burillo wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:24 pm i think the question was more along the lines of, since we got the bundle so cheap, it may have strings attached in terms of bigger upgrade price or something. an argument could be made that it isn't fair to you for us to expect the same upgrade pricing on future plugins.
Nice summary, that were my thoughts as well.

@BRA:
I like both of your work and i'm happy you left PA, it's turning into a quanity>quality shit show.
I actually found BRA and FLA after being disgruntled with PA but found your names on most plugins from them that i liked, and didnt find it on most i felt were shit :D

Burillo wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:24 pm i think the question was more along the lines of, since we got the bundle so cheap, it may have strings attached in terms of bigger upgrade price or something. an argument could be made that it isn't fair to you for us to expect the same upgrade pricing on future plugins.
Yes, I see. No worries - there will be some nice single plug-in and bundle deals in the future, but not related to past deals. Bundles will always have an upgrade path.
Black Rooster Audio
https://blackroosteraudio.com
Wuppertal, Germany

Thanks for the replies @ Andre and Raimund. You truly made/make great products.

Return to “Effects”