RELATED
PRODUCTS
Nexus

reFX Updates

FREE
Nexus3 Expansion
Summer Deep Chill

New FREE Nexus3 Expansion - Summer Deep Chill
We know many of you have been laid off or suffer from the loss of income due to cancelled events and projects 😞. In addition, many of you have probably been in quarantine for weeks now 📅, stuck at home 🏠, unable to meet with loved ones ❤️ or give them a big hug 🥰 in these trying times. Feeling bored 🥱 out of your skulls 💀. We feel your pain.

To help you pass the time ⌛, we are not just releasing a new Nexus3 expansion, but we have added it to the accounts of all Nexus3 customers. FOR FREE 🎁🥳.

So stay safe 😷, keep washing your hands 🧼🤲, and enjoy 130 brand-new presets on us! 🙌

How to get the free expansion:

Simply start the reFX Cloud App 💻 and you'll find the new expansion "Summer Deep Chill" 🌞 listed among your available expansions. Click to download. Done.

Not a Nexus3 customer yet? No worries, "Summer Deep Chill" is available for free to all current and future Nexus3 customers.

Thanks Manuel and reFX!

Some enhancements have popped up in some of the recent updates too. The coloured tag bar is now much more populated than before, not quite universal yet but most of my presets seem to have been done - hovering over a tag shows the color, clicking once shows only the presets with the tag, twice only the presets without them and three times cycles back to default (I've not really used the band til now because its been so patchy, so some of this functionality might be old news). Also new (I think?) is the tempo of SQs and ARs in the preset list, also Round Robin numbers show up here too.

Feels like its coming together, nice one reFX.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Thanks for the free expansion! :tu:

Dope! Thanks for showing love for us Nexus 3 guys!!
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

Got an email about exchanging my nexus 2 license for a free nexus expansion of my choice. I've not upgraded yet, but thinking about it. Can someone confirm you can choose any pack from all of the titles, or is it a choose one from these pre-selected six titles type of thing?

You can’t choose all but it’s a fairly good selection I think 133 if I didn’t f**k up my countings :?
jjj115 wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:47 am Got an email about exchanging my nexus 2 license for a free nexus expansion of my choice. I've not upgraded yet, but thinking about it. Can someone confirm you can choose any pack from all of the titles, or is it a choose one from these pre-selected six titles type of thing?

I can't really think of a reason not to surrender the Nexus 2 license. Ive had no issues with old projects loading correctly, and it would be a major faff to try and get Nexus 2 installed instead even if I found one that didn't. And since Nexus 3 owners can't sell the Nexus 2 license to a third party anyway...
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Dear all,

I too received an email which contains a URL link to surrender my Nexus v2 license for a Nexus soundpack.
However, that link doesnt work for me:
- I click the link in the email.
- The Refx Login window appears in my browser, where i fill in my account credentials and hit OK.
Outcome: I am not directed to a page where i can do the surrender.
Instead, the global Refx website page comes up.

If i click on the link in the email again (after being logged in) than again: not directed to the surrender website.

Any clues ?
(I am on mac).

vanhaze4000 wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:43 am Dear all,

I too received an email which contains a URL link to surrender my Nexus v2 license for a Nexus soundpack.
However, that link doesnt work for me:
- I click the link in the email.
- The Refx Login window appears in my browser, where i fill in my account credentials and hit OK.
Outcome: I am not directed to a page where i can do the surrender.
Instead, the global Refx website page comes up.

If i click on the link in the email again (after being logged in) than again: not directed to the surrender website.

Any clues ?
(I am on mac).
So once you're logged in, you can't visit https://refx.com/nexus/exchange/?

jjj115 wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:47 am Got an email about exchanging my nexus 2 license for a free nexus expansion of my choice. I've not upgraded yet, but thinking about it. Can someone confirm you can choose any pack from all of the titles, or is it a choose one from these pre-selected six titles type of thing?
I'm pretty sure it's any expansion (including the latest Feel Good House pack), except of course the $270 Hollywood 3 bundle and the expansions you already own.

noiseboyuk wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:41 am I can't really think of a reason not to surrender the Nexus 2 license. Ive had no issues with old projects loading correctly, and it would be a major faff to try and get Nexus 2 installed instead even if I found one that didn't. And since Nexus 3 owners can't sell the Nexus 2 license to a third party anyway...
I can... But clearly the exception rather than the rule.
I got banned, my N3 license revoked. Thank Goodness I still had my N2 license to be able to open any much older projects I might have done with it.

I had the offer months before the email (and before the N3 license revoked) and had opted out of it. Indeed you can't do anything with N2 license but something about exchanging my over $200 license for a $65 expansion pack did not sit right with me.
rsp
Last edited by zvenx on Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
sound sculptist

noiseboyuk wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:41 am I can't really think of a reason not to surrender the Nexus 2 license. Ive had no issues with old projects loading correctly, and it would be a major faff to try and get Nexus 2 installed instead even if I found one that didn't. And since Nexus 3 owners can't sell the Nexus 2 license to a third party anyway...
Well I think having to ask for permission online at least once a month + refx' full control of your library & license via cloud + the errors in loading old projects many in here had are good reasons to not do it. With n2 you have all your expansions + the license backed up and you're able use it until the world ends :lol:

HSum wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:40 pm
Well I think having to ask for permission online at least once a month + refx' full control of your library & license via cloud + the errors in loading old projects many in here had are good reasons to not do it. With n2 you have all your expansions + the license backed up and you're able use it until the world ends :lol:
This....
rsp
sound sculptist

@ m-ac:
Thanks for helping me.
I decided to use Firefox instead of Safari and in Firefox it worked. 🙏🏼😉
Succesfully "upgraded" Nexus 2 license in E-licenser center (latest version) and downloaded and installed the choosen Expansion via reFX Cloud application.

OSX Catalina 10.15.4

Refx,
Any idea when the NKS support will take place?
Is there a possibility that you would consider at least the N3 factory sounds get released or incremental steps so customers can see some form of support.
Thanks for the consideration.
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

Return to “Instruments”