Toneboosters Barricade v4

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The new update is pretty. Great job on updating the GUI, no more tabs!

The way it completely erases the waveform and slides to the left though, that's kinda janky. I wish it didn't do that, just roll smoothly instead of re-drawing as soon as you get to the right, like Pro-L2.

I wonder if the V3 plugins are going to update to V4.
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

Edited
Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 16, 2023 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Have to agree with the above - I would prefer a constantly scrolling wave if possible. And the ability to hide the orange markings on the right.

This and EQ4 are in every mix I do. Love them!

Well Jeroen tends to respond to these kinds of requests. I was begging for him to bring back colors in EQ4 and he did it. You guys might wanna shoot him an email about this kind of thing. It certainly can't hurt.

The iOS version of Barricade has just been updated to be able to switch between smart and continuous scrolling, and can also hide the loudness data. Hopefully these updates will come to desktop as well :-)

That's absolutely promising!

Really enjoying the new HF clip input model. Perefectly does what you'd expect and even more effective than Limiter6's HF limiter (which is often barely audible unless you limit 6-8dB).

Does anybody know why the gain reduction meter shows 2 different meters once you limit a bit more (first two independend L/R, then a wide one next to it)? I've also noticed that the GR meter of the compressor doesn't display a numeric readout.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

To everyone that's pointing out how annoying the gain reduction animation is with the pausing and shifting left, I pointed out the same thing to Mr. Breebaart last week via email and he said it's already been addressed. In the next update you'll have an option to choose either the current janky animation or a continuously scrolling animation.

Was there ever a v3 > v4 upgrade path for Barricade?
ABLETON LIVE 12 & PUSH2
Soundcloud: Nation of Korea vs Shitty Dog

mcnelson wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:47 am Was there ever a v3 > v4 upgrade path for Barricade?
I think it was €15 upgrade from v3 for a limited time, half price.
There might have also been a introductory offer.
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

I don't think the upgrades are time-limited. They send out e-mails. Search your inbox (and perhsps youe spam-folder) for the e-mail you used when purchasing V3. It might still be valid, but perhaps it isn't anymore because Toneboosters moved over to another shop in the meantime. But you can of course send them an e-mail.

Edit: I just checked and the Avangate links are indeed still valid.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

The Noodlist wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:02 am
mcnelson wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:47 am Was there ever a v3 > v4 upgrade path for Barricade?
I think it was €15 upgrade from v3 for a limited time, half price.
There might have also been a introductory offer.
jens wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:20 am I don't think the upgrades are time-limited. They send out e-mails. Search your inbox (and perhsps youe spam-folder) for the e-mail you used when purchasing V3. It might still be valid, but perhaps it isn't anymore because Toneboosters moved over to another shop in the meantime. But you can of course send them an e-mail.

Edit: I just checked and the Avangate links are indeed still valid.
I have receipts going back to 2009 when I bought Isone, and can't see anything. I suspect I didn't get an upgrade offer because I upgraded to v3 BusTools from owning Isone and FIX, so didn't have a dedicated Barricade licence?

I got upgrade offers (and used them) for V4 Reverb, EQ and Reelbus from owning TrackEssentials I guess - but nothing for Barricade.
ABLETON LIVE 12 & PUSH2
Soundcloud: Nation of Korea vs Shitty Dog

I was told recently I couldn't get an upgrade offer any more from Track Essentials to EQ4 so I guess it does have a timeout (I was on the old shop with Track Essentials though)

Return to “Effects”