Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

noiseboyuk wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:37 am
AcademyCurveMusic wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:22 amIs there a way to set up CM to Run the Auth Automatically so I don't have to set my iCal?
Would be nice for Manuel to confirm, but I believe they said they were looking at exactly this. IMO that's the point where 90% of people stop worrying about the whole thing, not to belittle the 10% who have ongoing issues.
yes thats one of the points we want to improve

I would like to add when I had the expired licence message in Cubase and I clicked ignore (or whatever came up) it crashed Cubase to desktop loosing some patches I had been working on etc very annoying

No idea why it did that I'd have thought avenger should just go silent ?

msvs wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:05 am
noiseboyuk wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:37 am
AcademyCurveMusic wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:22 amIs there a way to set up CM to Run the Auth Automatically so I don't have to set my iCal?
Would be nice for Manuel to confirm, but I believe they said they were looking at exactly this. IMO that's the point where 90% of people stop worrying about the whole thing, not to belittle the 10% who have ongoing issues.
yes thats one of the points we want to improve
What about the fact that it uses 3 background serves continuously all taking RAM? Can that be improved? iLoc seems to manage with just 1 background service and 1/10th of the RAM CM uses?
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

1.5.6 BETA
- new: changing or modulating the legato mode in a pitch module will not stop the active voices of an OSC using that module. The voices are retriggered instead
- added: File-Browser using arrow keys up/down plays the sample preview now. Right arrow loads the sample to the current active OSC (of an active OSC Tab or the selected drum slot if the DRUM Tab is active)
- added: Guitar loops are working with first-note trigger correct now. If another OSC starts the first note out of the range of the Guitar-OSC, the guitar sample would start on the correct beat-position as soon its triggered
- New Copy/Paste Module mode. Its now possible to copy a module from one preset into another. Previously after loading a preset/initialize the copied data in the clipboard was lost. You can also copy a module from one instance to another instance of Avenger
- optimized DrumSeq ROLL Mode: "reverse Sample-EndSync". Now working like a dream: SampleStart/End is now taken into account. Slot pitch or individual drum note pitch also affects the start position and left neighbor events will also be taken into account and offseting the start position, so the reverse ALWAYS ends correctly on point, no matter what.
- fixed: CombKey filter issue where changing the "damp" Value while a note is activate did not work correctly
- fixed: switching a granular samples in the OSC browser while playing a note on that OSC will keep the envelope position on the correct synced location instead of retriggering the envelope (which lead to unsync behavior between other playing arps)
- fixed: wavetable overlay over the keyboard will be visible or not, now corresponding correct to the overlay-switch on/off setting after preset load
- fixed: preset search filter "ARTIST" - artist is now listed correct for preset saved with 1.5.x
- fixed: modulating the VINT Filter - Filter MOD: Parameter is now displayed correctly
- fixed: issue with wrong end-value in "oneshot" mode for the wavetable-envelope
- fixed: expansion sorting issue in soundbrowser
- fixed: ARP display beat-index lines are listening to the speed modulation and will display triplet-beat when modulated from a normal beat correctly now
- fixed: note hang when activating/deactivating chorder-voices via macro buttons when the OSC used an ARP
- fixed: drumkit AUX output "click" sound when triggering notes too fast
- fixed: click sounds when using oversampled FM on note-start
- fixed: issue with cursor key in the sound-browser when the arp was visible
- fixed: OSC endless sub: when a note is held, changes of the octave/switch key are live audible now
- fixed: issue with wavetable envelope sequencer and first note. the sequence was reset on a new note when the SYS-Page speed change mode is set to "JUMP"
- fixed: poly legato mode when using note-connection in ARP
- fixed: note hang when using legato and triggering note via midi keys and internal keyboard
- fixed: wavetable "first-note" trigger when using a pattern sequence in the wavetable envelope
- fixed: missing notarization in macOS X installer

http://keilwerth-audio-data-2.com/files ... _1_5_6.exe

http://keilwerth-audio-data-2.com/files ... _1_5_6.dmg

Thanks Manuel, i will try the Beta.

Where should I start to design my own 808 hardstyle bass?

Nice tight fast bass for arps.

I'd welcome a few clues.

I saw Initial Audio's 808 bass synth demo and liked it.

But i figure Avenger can get this sort of sound too.

Pointers welcome.

thanx = kev :)
Member 12, Studio One v6.5, VPS Avenger, Kontakt 7, Spitfire, Dune, Arturia, Sonible, Baby Audio, CableGuys, Nektar Panorama P1, Vaporizer 2 to test out

kevvvvv wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:19 pm Where should I start to design my own 808 hardstyle bass?
Nice tight fast bass for arps.
I'd welcome a few clues.
I saw Initial Audio's 808 bass synth demo and liked it.
But i figure Avenger can get this sort of sound too.
Pointers welcome.
thanx = kev :)
Hardstyle BASS? Or Kick? There's a Reversebass (Oldschool Hardstyle) or NuStyle Kick.
Intel I9 9900X / Asus Prime X299-A / 32 GB DDR 4 / NVidia Geforce RTX 2080 / Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 / Win 10 Pro 64 Bit / Ableton Live 11 64bit / Reason 11

Extremely frustrating experience with the new versions. Constantly getting a "Please reinstall the plugin" message when I open plugin in a new project - even after reinstalling many times.

What's more frustrating is that I have lots of older projects (some practically ready for release) where Ableton Live now crash every time I try to open them. And it's clearly the Avenger-instances that is causing this.

And no answers from the mails I sent to support last week :(

you just need Codemeter 6.9 (downgrade)

their newest version 7x doesnt work. WIBU is currently investigating whats wrong in their version 7

Hmm, for me version 7 works without problems so far. Windows 10 and DAW Cubase 10.

maximoog wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:30 pm Hmm, for me version 7 works without problems so far. Windows 10 and DAW Cubase 10.
yeah same with me on mac and pc in Cubendo.
rsp
sound sculptist

I just released ProVenger Skin, it is added to the AC-Prophet expansion. Enjoy.

My sounddesign: Synth1/Ex5/D-50 patches https://goo.gl/zE3pkk
My stuff: W10x64i7 15" laptop, Reaper/Cantabile3+Synth1+Avenger on stage+NordStage2+Samson Graphite 49
Loving new VPS Avenger! Check my skins! https://goo.gl/MBNJHj

Good morning all. i have avengers and i have some bugs. If people have had the same and have resolved the problems, they are welcome. I am on Windows 10 PC, bitwig and ableton. I want to create my mutisamples. I follow the procedure as indicated in the manual and video. at the moment where I right click, mutisample, root, and after there is a crash ... That speaks to you? thank you

It seems so good.

outerspacecat wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:14 pm I have no idea what the problem really is. I was able to update Avenger in three minutes. I've been using Codemeter for years because of Reason and since last year Antares plug-ins (e.g. the gold old Auto-Tune series) are CM protected as well. Not a single problem under macOS regarding activation. Are these PC specific problems or what?

Anyway, someone who can handle such a complex synthesizer monster like Avenger, can't get it to spend three minutes of its time for activation or is totally overwhelmed or even frightened by it? Highly illogical behavior. Maybe someone can enlighten me on what I'm missing.

However, I personally would prefer iLok as well.
Just my take here. Please excuse the length, but software programmers mean a lot to me (I am one). Their business success also means something to me, particularly when its a talented team (or person). Reason uses codemeter in a different way AFAIK. It has been said in regard to VPS Avenger that a very small percentage of users have had issues with Codemeter. Meanwhile I've been struggling for four days with this issue, which affects all my projects that use VPS Avenger, two of which I had especially hoped to be working on (for me its not major business loss or anything - mostly just a creative flow thing). I had to trace the error into multiple DAWs in order to be fair and give the developer info - because I had no idea of this - I wasn't aware of this thread (which is actually the thread on the release - not a bug thread). I take no attitude, pro or con with the developer here. But lets not jump to conclusions. Reason had their problems with Codemeter, and I've had problems with multiple computer installs with this Codemeter service. For one thing, installing and uninstalling often hangs - then apparently after 5-15 minutes suddenly springs to life - and for software this can be terrible since if anything goes wrong - particularly if the data is being written to on a usb drive - if the operations are not completed, there can be corrupt information written to the disks.

Well the developer got back to me and informed me that the solution was to install a previous version of Codemeter because this newer version has a bug. Bear in mind I already have 5+ years of experience with Codemeter not being a very trustworthy program to run - particularly during startup - so I am not surprised there is one more issue. I have about 10 License Manager icons on my desktop (including Fxpansion, iLock, Arturia, iZotope, Jamstix, UVI Portal, XLN, Plugin Alliance, EW...) iLok of late has been pretty flawless, although it was rocky early on when it first became dongle-less. The MAIN one I have had issues with (except once or twice NI and Eastwest managers) is Codemeter. I don't trust it, particularly since during installs (and now uninstalls) it hangs, gives no feedback - acting like Windows Update - when its for a single vst.

The glitch for me has been that I'm given warnings that I have an unlicensed product and I need to install it - but when I install it the message remains. When I go into the Vengeance Installer it doesn't act like a normal License Manager (I see why now) and indicates my license is fine. When I go into Codemeter - also, it indicates my license is fine. I rebooted and the issue was resolved. Then the issue happened again. When the developer asked me to go to an earlier version of Codemeter I attempted to uninstall the up-to-date one, only to have the uninstall take what seemed like more than 6 minutes - and hang during this, with a message saying 8 seconds left, and then 11 seconds left. Its this last part that basically confirms my experience with Codemeter and software programmers. For all I know maybe they have no care to write a proper progress bar.

So now I'm at the step where I must install the earlier version. I hope it works because VPS Avenger is a brilliant piece of programming in itself and I think its a crime it is being dissed by association with much weaker code by a much, much, much more powerful company. We are all human. We all want productivity. We can resolve this, I hope, so that VPS Avenger keeps its reputation, whether it be by fixing the mishaps of Codemeter so that it becomes more reliable, or moving to a cleaner version of Copy Protection. But lets not deny that users are affected here. I am proof of it.

Update: At least for the present, uninstalling Codemeter and installing the earlier version has seemed to work, although for a moment I got the scary "no licenses found" message...
Last edited by moonchunk on Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:47 am, edited 3 times in total.

Return to “Instruments”