PRODUCTS

Jace-BeOs, I think you used every single fallacy in this chart. *applause*
SLH - Yes, I am a woman, deal with it.

Aloysius wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:03 pm Image

Some statistics.
That was very informative, thank you.
More BPM please

:tu: However unintended.
Jace-BeOS wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:59 pmShow us some statistics ...
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Jace-BeOS wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:02 pm
Matt_NI wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:34 pm
imrae wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:34 pm It would also be nice to know if lessons have been learned from the underlying mistake (i.e. writing plugins with unmaintainable copy-protection code and no fallback version). Or will this happen again to plugins based on some of the Native Access methods?

Also, what happens if NI goes under? (Or, more likely, is bought up by a clueless Gibson-like entity and closed arbitrarily.)
Yes we already had one long retro session but once we accomplished everything we need regarding this activation issue then we will look back at everything and learn from it. This doesn't stop at product based topics but also communication, support ...
This should’ve been done before, by the people who made up NI when the language for permanent license was added to the license agreement. That it is only being addressed now tells us that the company isn’t who it was, and/or that the EULA language was hollow from day one.
Pehaps it should've been...but it wasn't. And now, not only are they apparently trying to rectify the situation, but in the name of transparency, and improved communication, we have an intermediary (Cheers Matt) to keep us reprised of any developments.

Ranting can be worthwhile if it brings about change. But when it seems like the first movements are being made towards bringing about such a change, you are still ranting about the past. Nobody is suggesting you shouldn't remain a little skeptical, but if change is what you want to see, then perhaps it's worth being a little more positive about what's being done now, rather than chastising them for what they did in the past.

NI are one of the biggest players in the market, and I have no doubt that even if they completely ignored this that that would've remained the case. And yet, here we are...with a chance to improve the situation for the future. So unless you really just want to rant for it's own sake, perhaps divert some of that energy to being a bit more encouraging :tu:

dionenoid wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:57 am
Aloysius wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:03 pm Image

Some statistics.
That was very informative, thank you.
Actually, I think he exxagerated the size of the sample slice. Usually, it's MUCH thinner. :hihi:
Fernando (FMR)

:lol:
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

PAK wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:06 am In terms of usage, there are a percentage of users (including professional) who mainly want older software to fully recall previous projects. Once in a while clients may request data or modifications, and they want to have the ability to modify beyond what rendering "stems" out to wave files (etc) would allow.
I have 3 - 5 request every year to change or remix old productions. The last customer wanted
some capital changes in a 20 year (!) old song. Guess what that means: Start the old windows-XP
machine, start the ancient Logic or Cubase - and all the sample-libraries and plugins of that time.
And then I pray that it all still works. 8)
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:41 am ... rather than chastising them for what they did in the past.
Well, the 31st of may is in the future. At least for me. :roll:
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

enroe wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:08 pm
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:41 am ... rather than chastising them for what they did in the past.
Well, the 31st of may is in the future. At least for me. :roll:
Perhaps this is a reading comprehension issue :shrug:

I don't understand, why a already (?) financially stricken (?) company makes such a unpopular decision at that time? In a german forum users posting, that they'll never buy NI products again and complaining about their problems with NI software. And some are recommending freeware or alternatives! Off course it saves money to discontinue old software, but if it will distribute costumers ... :D

NI could have handled this situation a lot better than they did,but it's not the first time that they have screwed up like this...

You think that they would have learnt from the previous issues ?

There has been a lot of blow back from this and NI could have avoided most of that if only they had handled things differently...

They say that in business that you need nine positives to make up for one negative...

Whoever's running the NI circus needs to wake up fast and pay attention :wink:
No auto tune...

People make mistakes. What they do to rectify the situation is what's important :shrug:

Hey Everyone,

Sorry for the little communication in the past days.

We are going to update our announcement with more details on our progress today or latest tomorrow.
Just to give you a quick heads up, we are currently testing all the Kontakt OEM instruments at the moment so they can be activated using Native Access as soon as possible. So far all our tests were successful and so we are positive about the changes we made.

Regarding the applications, we have identified all the products we can activate after the date including the most used ones such as B4 II, Spektral Delay, Pro-53, Vokator and even some of the Traktor version we listed. We will share a full list as soon as we can with all the details and how to proceed if you have one of the instrument listed.

We'll reach out to users soon to do some testing on different environment if some of you are up for it.
Native Instruments - Community
Support & Contact
We're also available via Twitter :arrow: https://twitter.com/NI_Support

Sounds great Matt. Thanks for the update.
rsp
sound sculptist

Yes, all sounding highly promising. Thanks for keeping us in the loop, Matt.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Return to “Instruments”