Best studio headphones?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Pictus wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:13 pm Audio-Technica ATH-R70x is a good option
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/audio-t ... ns.765004/
Excellent pair of headphones. After 13 years of searching, landed with these and happy. I make electronic music.

Still very happy with the pair of Sennheiser HD600s I bought over a decade ago, I don't think you can beat them for the price, but they are open back so maybe not best for tracking.

Anybody uses the AKG 371? I currently use the Beyerdynamic DT 1770 Pro, but mixes don't translate to well, even I use Sonarworks for correction. I am willing to pay for something, which gives me good mixing results and been sneaking around Beyerdynamic T5 p (2nd) which is around 850€ but just read a review B someone who tested the AKG 371 against the T5p and found the AKGs better. Audeze lcd-2 closed would be another option, but the weight is something I am afraid of.
proud to produce warezless!
my Trap beatz:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4J14A ... -FzS9TNa2w

adl wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:12 am Anybody uses the AKG 371? I currently use the Beyerdynamic DT 1770 Pro, but mixes don't translate to well, even I use Sonarworks for correction. I am willing to pay for something, which gives me good mixing results and been sneaking around Beyerdynamic T5 p (2nd) which is around 850€ but just read a review B someone who tested the AKG 371 against the T5p and found the AKGs better. Audeze lcd-2 closed would be another option, but the weight is something I am afraid of.
Try the Avantone mp1 I had all beyers they never translated good the avantone translate perfect they are very specified in the midrange which usually suffer in mixes. I have Avantone Abbey 3 way and the mixphones translate even better.
Beyers have raised 10 k ish and mixes always sound dull as u think mix is too bright

lacandon wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:21 am
adl wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:12 am Anybody uses the AKG 371? I currently use the Beyerdynamic DT 1770 Pro, but mixes don't translate to well, even I use Sonarworks for correction. I am willing to pay for something, which gives me good mixing results and been sneaking around Beyerdynamic T5 p (2nd) which is around 850€ but just read a review B someone who tested the AKG 371 against the T5p and found the AKGs better. Audeze lcd-2 closed would be another option, but the weight is something I am afraid of.
Try the Avantone mp1 I had all beyers they never translated good the avantone translate perfect they are very specified in the midrange which usually suffer in mixes. I have Avantone Abbey 3 way and the mixphones translate even better.
Beyers have raised 10 k ish and mixes always sound dull as u think mix is too bright
Thanks mate!
I got an Avantone Mixcube (mono) besides my Neumann KH 310s and it really helped with getting better mixes regarding leveling elements and to check midrange "overload" (which I tend to do). Also checking if bass is audible on small speakers is a great thing with the Mixcube, so I really like what they do. For headphones I am not sure if it's midrange, which I can't get right, it's more balancing of the mix (which might have to do with the specific Beyerdynamic Frequency Curve as you mentioned). I think I'll order following 3 headphones to see how mixes on each of them translate into real live:
1. AKG 371
2. Focal Listen Professional
3. Shure SRH1540

I live near Thomann music store, but unfortunately it hasn't open due to Coronan, otherwise I'd check em out there. But maybe it's even better to listen to them at home, actually doing mixes etc.
Might give the mp1 also a try, ordering those 4.
proud to produce warezless!
my Trap beatz:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4J14A ... -FzS9TNa2w

The Mp 1 are might for translation not enjoying no odd overly bright or boomy..just 3 modes to get it right

I use the AKG Q701 and they have done me well so far. There isn't much bass response though so it is important to listen with other speakers of course.

Sonarworks Reference 4 Headphone Edition + supported headphones
https://www.sonarworks.com/reference/ho ... headphones
Bitwig Certified Trainer

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”