Exponential Audio Excalibur

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

chk071 wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:07 pm Is that a big issue? Remember that you pay a lousy $9 for this.
Right, so the value of time spent learning it and trying it in mixes is the actual cost to be weighed against the reward. Complicated plug-ins with strange workflows cost more time to learn. Is it worth it? Well, that turns out to be a very similar discussion to "is it worth money?"

It should be worth the regular price.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

chk071 wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:07 pm Is that a big issue? Remember that you pay a lousy $9 for this.
Not at all. It all has to do about supporting a shitty company with your money, even $0.01...

ZINO wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:38 pm
Not at all. It all has to do about supporting a shitty company with your money, even $0.01...
I think you're being unfair with iZotope. I don't consider them "a shitty company"... :shrug: :roll:
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:52 pm
I think you're being unfair with iZotope. I don't consider them "a shitty company"... :shrug: :roll:
No better than Plugin Alliance, for example, that so many KVR people seem to hate (and I think that they are ok)...

Anyway, I only hope that Exponential Audio will keep their integrity as a development team after the buyout. Otherwize iZotope is just using their brand name for these specific product line.

Has anyone been successful in activating the demo activation code? I keep getting an error message saying the code has been activated too many times.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

pbr985 wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:59 am I'm shocked reading these reviews. When this thing came out everyone on gearslutz was reaving about it that it sounds more analog than anything ITB. You can check the topic some people were saying they dropped their Eventide H3000 as this is the only plugin that can replace it ITB sound quality wise... Strange hey.
Are you SURE people called it "analogue"?? I remember distinctly people calling it a replacement for the H3000, as you said, which is 100% digital and not even remotely trying to be analogue. The hardware is as digital and sterile as it gets. Doesn't make the H3000 bad at all, on the contrary. It's exactly what I described above. Thin, unassuming and just "fits the mix".
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

fmr wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:52 pm
They are definitely not a nice company. I've spent close to 2000$ on their RX suite over the years (needed it when I was working with audio for film) and sent them a bunch of detailed bug reports and some minor usability feature requests.. which they kindly took to heart and implemented in the next paid update for a mere 299$ a pop. Rinse and repeat every year.

Yeah, iZotope are a bunch of wankers in my opinion.

A company doesn't have to be "nice" for me. They have to have good products, and I have to be satisfied with the product I buy. In this case, I shell out $9 for a plugin which has been on the market for quite a while now, which seems to run stable, and which was developed by a developer who I know for making quality plugins. All fair and square for me. :shrug:
ZINO wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:14 pm No better than Plugin Alliance, for example, that so many KVR people seem to hate (and I think that they are ok)...
Yeah, well, that's the thing. KVR people != the typical customer. Actually, I don't think I know another place with so many crybabies around. That's not going against you or other people in this thread, just my experience in many threads I've read here.

If you don't want to buy from iZotope or Plugin Alliance, that's your good right. And, actually, that's the best thing you can do. Instead of crying like some people do notoriously in this place.

chk071 wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:10 pm If you don't want to buy from iZotope or Plugin Alliance, that's your good right. And, actually, that's the best thing you can do. Instead of crying like some people do notoriously in this place.
Heaven forbid that people discuss their preferences or share their experiences with their peers, right? What is this, a discussion forum?

chk071 wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:10 pm If you don't want to buy from iZotope or Plugin Alliance, that's your good right. And, actually, that's the best thing you can do. Instead of crying like some people do notoriously in this place.

All these are great of course, unless this wasn't a forum. Forum users inform alert and warn each other among other things. That's what they do! Of course these expressions can often be extreme and annoying (like for example the nontorious "I am not buying iLok protected software, posts" - Yeah, no one cares dude), but I am talking about normal stuff....

chk071 wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:10 pm A company doesn't have to be "nice" for me. They have to have good products, and I have to be satisfied with the product I buy.
Agreed.. but it is nice when people warn of the behavior of some companies. I wish I had listened to the warnings before getting RX Advanced the first time around. Then again, similar competing software at the time cost a lot more so I went with the "budget" option.

There's no way I can even remotely recommend getting RX Advanced today. Acon Digital's Acoustica 7.2 is at least as capable as RX and is much cheaper, a lot more user friendly and generally a much more open company when it comes to bug reports and feature requests.

So no, iZotope don't have to be "nice" at all, but that's going to be their undoing at some point unless they change with the times.

In the case of Excalibur at 9$.. yeah, it's so little that it doesn't really matter at all, as long as the product works (and it does, flawlessly!).

imrae wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:37 pm
Heaven forbid that people discuss their preferences or share their experiences with their peers, right? What is this, a discussion forum?
You beat me to it. :wink:

imrae wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:37 pm
There's a difference between discussing things, and cry all day long. I'm sure you know that.

You can also discuss with a child. Or it cries its heart out, and gets everything it wants, and turns into a fat spoiled brat with the time. I doubt that it's in anyone's interest to have many spoiled brats running around here.

And, I doubt that there's a better way to show your discontent with a company than not buying. Talk is cheap. Internet forums and social media get abused by selfish pricks. The only way a company knows that their products, or their business policies aren't in order is lack of sales. Not sure what's so hard to grasp about this concept for some people. That's why I think it doesn't even have to do woth voicing your own point of view. It's about bashing, excercising power, taking influence. Basically, excercising influencer marketing, in a very negative way.

Anyway, this probably stretches it far too much. Going around, posting in every thread about a plugin how much I hate the company is just not my thing. I think it's rude, to put it mildly. Actually, it's totally antisocial.

BTW, apart from not buying, there's another option you have to show your discontent, or disgust for a company (if it's really about that). Sending them a email. Never read that someone actually did that. Instead, I've read SO many times that some company is the most evil corporation in the world because of this and that. Wonder why, when it's all about the personal point of view. Obviously, it isn't. It's also to show your disgust to others, and even influencing their buying decisions. And, the sad thing is that there's so many idiots taking all that for granted.

Return to “Effects”