Upcoming Synapse OB-Xa: Obsession

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Nope it's a larger difference than that. :)

I hope it sees the light of day soon this wait has felt longer than any other product, maybe cytomic's the scream is comparable and with this stay at home situation I'm desperate for new toys to put my mind into for distraction.

Lucastyle wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:32 pm I hope it sees the light of day soon this wait has felt longer than any other product, maybe cytomic's the scream is comparable and with this stay at home situation I'm desperate for new toys to put my mind into for distraction.
I guess you weren't around when Imposcar 2 was announced. ;)

SLiC wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:13 pm bx_Oberhausen pretty much cured my gas for an OB sound so I am in no hurry. If you are waiting and you haven't tried it you realy should....its pretty easy to get hold of for very little dosh with all the PA sales and vouchers around!
This comparison is quite pointless as Bx_oberhausen is based on a discrete SEM filter design while the OB-Xa used 2 CEM 3320 filter chips per voice (one chip for the SVF 2-pole LPF and one for the OTA cascade 4-pole LPF).

It not just the filter but also the oscillators and envelopes are different.

The point is that if you want a synth that sounds similar to a SEM then the OB-Xa is a wrong choice no matter if it is the hardware synth or a plugin. On the other hand the OB-Xa sounds great on it's own and same is true for the plugin (which i am testing and and doing sound design with at the moment...).

Besides that the upocoming OB-Xa plugin includes multiple advanced/additional features that make it more versatile than the real thing.
Last edited by Ingonator on Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

electro wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:11 pm
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:19 pm Anyone else getting antsy stuck inside and waiting for this as a new toy to play with or is it just me? I've been holding off on most music related purchases in order to pick up this and eventually VCV Rack 2/Rack For DAWs when both are available. I'm hoping everyone's staying healthy (most important) and release will be soon (secondary).
I'm sure the Synapse will have a better UI, but OP-X ProII already comes extremely close to Oberheim hardware soundwise and has the best factory library of any synth. It probably is going to be more like the difference between NI Monark and Synapse Legend, two different flavors like the small difference between two different hardware units.
I think that's a fair enough assumption! The differences are quite large but using the Synapse OB-Xa doesn't make me like the OP-X Pro any less.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:39 pm
Lucastyle wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:32 pm I hope it sees the light of day soon this wait has felt longer than any other product, maybe cytomic's the scream is comparable and with this stay at home situation I'm desperate for new toys to put my mind into for distraction.
or Zebra 3 :lol:

Ingonator wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:46 pm
SLiC wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:13 pm bx_Oberhausen pretty much cured my gas for an OB sound so I am in no hurry. If you are waiting and you haven't tried it you realy should....its pretty easy to get hold of for very little dosh with all the PA sales and vouchers around!
This comparison is quite pointless as Bx_oberhausen is based on a discrete SEM filter design while the OB-Xa used 2 CEM 3320 filter chips per voice (one chip for the SVF 2-pole LPF and one for the OTA cascade 4-pole LPF).

It not just the filter but also the oscillators and envelopes are different.

The point is that if you want a synth that sounds similar to a SEM then the OB-Xa is a wrong choice no matter if it is the hardware synth or a plugin. On the other hand the OB-Xa sounds great on it's own and same is true for the plugin (which i am testing and and doing sound design with at the moment...).

Besides that the upocoming OB-Xa plugin includes multiple advanced/additional features that make it more versatile than the real thing.
I'm not sure I would know or hear the difference, I am a guitarist ;-)

I either like the way a synth sounds or I don't - Bx_oberhausen soumds very good to me (and I though the Arturia SEM sounded pretty good to) so maybe I will like the OB-Xa or maybe I won't- but as I cant play with a demo, I will have to play with other things!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Anyone interested in an edm soundset for this thing? :D
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

I'm pretty sure that there will be a EDM soundset as soon as it comes out. :) (Kevin Schröder *cough cough*)

Touch The Universe wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:41 pm Anyone interested in an edm soundset for this thing? :D
nope

chk071 wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:44 pm I'm pretty sure that there will be a EDM soundset as soon as it comes out. :) (Kevin Schröder *cough cough*)
yeah, its got the two main components, so i imagine there will be :hihi:

AnX wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:35 pm
chk071 wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:44 pm I'm pretty sure that there will be a EDM soundset as soon as it comes out. :) (Kevin Schröder *cough cough*)
yeah, its got the two main components, so i imagine there will be :hihi:
An oscillator and a filter?
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

u + r

Unison and retrigger?
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:39 pm
I remember Dave Spiers mentioning something about it somewhere but luckily I was not a KVR regular by then or wasn't paying to much attention

Return to “Instruments”