Logic Pro

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Passing Bye wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:12 pm
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:55 pm I made a very clear distinction that if an artist/producer can justify each bit of gear, no matter how seemingly insignificant, or how little it will get used, then it can be justifiable. This is different to hoarding, which is buying gear for the sake of buying. And while that no doubt happens, it is not within the original context of my line-of-reason i.e the oft-suggest idea that having too many choices will result in some kind of decision paralysis not necessarily always being the case. Not saying that isn't a phenomenon. However, that's not a product of the amount of choice; rather, the fault is in the hands of the producer/artist
I'm discussing that actual phenomenon, taught I was clear enough.
So why talk about hoarding? Simple question: Do you think that lots of choice leads to decision paralysis, and that it's generally better to just have less things?

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:55 pmNot sure what you mean by "workarounding".
Means taking more steps to do something, again in favor of having all the right tools available that are most suitable for the given job, instead of wasting time trying to make something less suitable to work for you.
So, rather than trying to make one compressor work for everything, because "OMG! decision paralysis", it's better we have as many tools as will work for different types of jobs. Yes?...No?
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:55 pmAlso not sure about "having enough tools to get the job done best way as possible". While it is true that having one synth can be the exact amount of tools to get the job done the best way possible, I also believe that having access to a whole range of colours, spices, aromas and flavours, in the right hands, can be an inspiration rather than a burden
That's what I said, it's obvious now you totally missed my point, forget about it, I never said anything, let's move on.
Maybe. Or maybe you just weren't that clear :shrug:

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:33 pm So why talk about hoarding? Simple question: Do you think that lots of choice leads to decision paralysis, and that it's generally better to just have less things?
I was talking about actual extremes and presented the middle ground, all of them do exist, never said or believe that it's better to have less stuff or believe that lots of choice leads to decision paralysis.
So, rather than trying to make one compressor work for everything, because "OMG! decision paralysis", it's better we have as many tools as will work for different types of jobs. Yes?...No?
Yes
Maybe. Or maybe you just weren't that clear :shrug:
I was clear enough, started sentence with agreeing with you and expanding on that same thing, but you somehow missed all of it, which is quite puzzling, but hey.

I switched to Logic from Pro Tools back on PT9 because I couldn't use Pro Tools when there was an OS update. Been on Logic ever since, the ONLY thing I miss is the multitool in Pro Tools but I've learned to get quicker with hot keys.

Passing Bye wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:03 pmI was clear enough, started sentence with agreeing with you and expanding on that same thing, but you somehow missed all of it, which is quite puzzling, but hey.
On the whole, I'm pretty dumb. Not a surprise I missed your general gist :tu:

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:12 pm
Passing Bye wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:03 pmI was clear enough, started sentence with agreeing with you and expanding on that same thing, but you somehow missed all of it, which is quite puzzling, but hey.
It happens, you are far away from dumb, actually quite the opposite, have a great day my friend. 8)

Passing Bye wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:15 pm
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:12 pm
It happens, you are far away from dumb, actually quite the opposite, have a great day my friend. 8)
Wasn't fishing for compliments, but thanks. I am probably closer in my assessment (Dumb is a bit of an exaggeration, of course), but it's way off-topic for even the current off-topic of this thread.

But yeah...Have a nice day :tu:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”