Pianoteq 6!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Pianoteq Pro 8 Pianoteq Standard 8

David wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:21 pm
Sampleconstruct wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:10 am Whoever wants to play with the Tabla Harp, attached is a zipped fxp-preset.

Tabla Harp.fxp.zip
Cool, thank you!

I guess this requires the Harp instrument, yes? I have that, so I can't tell if it wouldn't work for anyone without it.

I certainly hope there will be more fxp file sharing here! In that spirit, I offer this:

Steinway D Prepared 3.fxp.zip

Setting up a Buff and a Rattle pedal adds prep-y options:)
It will work in demo mode if you don't own the harp expansion.

Incidentally, for anyone else fascinated by prepared-piano virtual instruments, there's a new excellent one on sale right now for about $30:

https://silenceandothersounds.com/products/pain-piano/

There are a couple parameters exposed to automation that don't show up in the main interface (in Pro, at least; don't know whether this applies to other versions). One is the pinch harmonic point, which you can change in the Note Edit section but not elsewhere. The other is the quadratic effect, which I believe has something to do with how much energy gets transferred into longitudinal (along-sting, rather than side-to-side) resonance. It creates a little ping with some ringing (higher at shorter strong lengths), which can useful if you want some more bell-like sounds, but it sometimes just produces unpleasant loud artifacts, which might be why they left it out of the main interface. It's saved in presets, but usually (maybe always?) set to 1 if the factory presets.

Yes you need to have the harp add-on.

Improvising with a custom Pianoteq 6 Pro patch which sounds something like a mixture between cello, piano and something else. Valhalla Supermassive provides some space in the background.

https://youtu.be/rjQINv8x1WM

^^^
Nice! :tu:

Very :tu:

Thanks guys.

I really love the fact that you started exploring Pianoteq. It seems like you are getting a lot of mileage out of it. Soundbank when? :)

EvilDragon wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:25 pm I really love the fact that you started exploring Pianoteq. It seems like you are getting a lot of mileage out of it. Soundbank when? :)
Thanks, no pressure here for an expansion, still in the collecting/exploring phase. When I have more time after the current film music project I'll start getting more focussed again. The soundtrack project alone will yield some nice presets for sure.

Some folks asked for the preset of the latest video, it's attached (plus a variation with minor tweaks), quite amazing how the sustain pedal changes the sound/resonances. I assume one would need the Bluethner grand piano to play it.
Bluethner Cello Hybrid.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thank you Simon!

As you noted with your earlier posted .fxp using the Harp model, this opens up in demo mode for those who don't have the Bluethner model.

Raises a couple of questions:
Why'd you chose the Bluethner to begin with, compared to any other piano, as a starting point?
And, is there some elegant way to copy the per-note edits from one model to another? Or to store them…?
(The basic settings on the main gui seem unchanged…?)

Hope they have a sale this year because I wanna update to 6
dedication to flying

^^^
I am waiting for a once in a century no brainer sale.
My GAS now demands lower prices to get the juices flowing to make a buy decision.

Yea, six will very likely be the one to get!

Edit: After the release of P6 I will even consider Pianoteq 5 Pro, again if the price is right.
When is P6 due to be released?
Last edited by Kalamata Kid on Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

I bought the full Studio version and got Karsten Collection for free as part of the free updates. I also bought Organteq. Both are worth every penny if you're ready to stop triggering other people's performances and start creating your own.

The only drawbarback is now I have a lot to learn about organ registration. But I won't let that stop me!
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Return to “Instruments”