Cheap CD duplication?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

What are the best companies for getting a smallish print-run of CDs?

Price is my biggest concern; I'd be looking at around 100 digipacks (black&white or color).

Thanks!
A well-behaved signature.

Where in the world are we talking about?

In the U.S., I’ve been very happy with Atomic Disc (atomicdisc.com), and I know they’re open (and offering some discounts currently), but I don’t know whether they’d make sense for someone not in North America.

I reissued my CD from 1984 at Kunaki.com Its more like a disc burning machine, but you can order a single wrapped CD for 1$ + shipping...
Its a complete no risk game...
I live in Germany and its still the best service of that kind. European competition is more expensive even considering higher shipping costs. You can even send CDs directly to customers. For example get my CD from Kunaki (shameless plug...):
http://kunaki.com/sales.asp?PID=PX007SHHIP
Disadvantages: limited booklet (one page), its a burned CD, though in much better quality than if you‘d burn it yourself...

well zis media has good prices but its from germany

Hey guys, sorry for the delay in getting back with you (been busy/distracted).
Tj Shredder wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:45 pm I reissued my CD from 1984 at Kunaki.com Its more like a disc burning machine, but you can order a single wrapped CD for 1$ + shipping...
Its a complete no risk game...
I live in Germany and its still the best service of that kind. European competition is more expensive even considering higher shipping costs. You can even send CDs directly to customers. For example get my CD from Kunaki (shameless plug...):
http://kunaki.com/sales.asp?PID=PX007SHHIP
Disadvantages: limited booklet (one page), its a burned CD, though in much better quality than if you‘d burn it yourself...
This looks appealing; I live in the US, but apparently they do business here too. I'm wondering why it costs _more_ to do more than 5 CDs at a time... Quite a difference in cost-per-unit between $1.10 and $1.90.
SirkusPi wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:24 pm Where in the world are we talking about?

In the U.S., I’ve been very happy with Atomic Disc (atomicdisc.com), and I know they’re open (and offering some discounts currently), but I don’t know whether they’d make sense for someone not in North America.
Yeah, I'm in the US so this would work well. $100 for 100 CDs burned seems great.

Is there much risk that a CD-player won't be able to play a burned CD?

JerGoertz wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 3:04 am Is there much risk that a CD-player won't be able to play a burned CD?
It's compatible at hardware level. Ya know, laser beams tracing dents on a reflective surface. Never had an issue.
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

BertKoor wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 7:22 am
JerGoertz wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 3:04 am Is there much risk that a CD-player won't be able to play a burned CD?
It's compatible at hardware level. Ya know, laser beams tracing dents on a reflective surface. Never had an issue.
Apparently some (older?) CD players have problems, but I don't know if this is widespread.

Some players are less tolerant to badly burnt disks. And burnt disks don't have the infinite life expectation pressed disks have.
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

Ah, gotcha. That makes sense.

JerGoertz wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:06 amApparently some (older?) CD players have problems, but I don't know if this is widespread.
I have a mid-range Marantz CD player from around 2005 and it really dislikes the white painted CD blanks, sometimes requiring a few reboots to the player or ejecting the CD and reloading a few times, but works most of the time with the silvered blanks.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”