VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Unisum Mastering Compressor

Ploki wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:12 pm quick feedback on the actual interface:
Pros:
- its good, responsive, logical, clear!
Cons:
- an additional modifier (right click) to reset is unnecessary, since vast majority of plugs and hosts uses Alt+click anyway, instead, you could make rightclick+drag a "temporary unlink" drag, so you don't have to move to link/unlink every time you want to do a miniscule adjustment. (i think this one shouldn't be too hard to implement). It's an extreme time saver too, because you diminish amount of mouse movements and clicks you need to do.
- LINK/UNLINK behaviour: in my opinon, when you relink parameters, they should stay in their relative position. Having them jump back together seems rather counterintuitive. i.e.: i do m/s, adjust threshold separately, then i have to jump back and forth to adjust the both together in the same relationship i've just carefully set. Big no-no imo.

Also, i'm kind of torn on the "parallel channel" view.
PressWerk has this solved by having an "overlay" but only one set of controls, and you switch whether you're editing CH1 or CH2, which has it's own set of caveats... But I gue
Thanks for the feedback :tu:

Your idea of using a modifier key to temporarily unlink a control is pretty interesting. One thing that is on the (long) to-do list for future updates is a "relative" parameter linking option where parameters for each channel would move relative to their current setting instead of jumping to identical settings. I'll have to see how all of these ideas can work together.

One thing I do like about having Right-Click to reset to default is that it's very quick to do when you don't have to reach for the keyboard. Also, since it toggles between default and your last setting it's a quick way to "A/B" small changes.

Yeah you're right - i didn't think of it because I almost always have one hand on the keyboard :)

The more i'm demoing it the more i am impressed really - right now only on headphones, can't wait till i get back in the studio to give it a spin on the speakers

Let me preface this by saying I’m not an expert on anything and I’ve been sniffing buss glue all evening but I’m going to inflict my opinion on you anyway.

This is a beautiful compressor. I’d describe it as modern and clean sounding.. one of those ‘make it sound like a record’ type of plugins. I love what it does when you set the ratio and threshold really low so that you’re getting 1-2 dB of gain reduction, the knee low so that the kick drum comes through. I wouldn’t use it to smash a rock drum buss or overheads or anything like that.. it’s too clean for that. It’s just great at making everything bigger and gelling the track together, giving it that certain ‘something’. I’m definitely going to pick this up when circumstances permit - great job from the devs (and the presets are very good starting points too).

Rune l-h, are you the developer?
I sent an email last week and never got a reply.

simmo75 wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:36 am Rune l-h, are you the developer?
I sent an email last week and never got a reply.
Yes, sorry for the delay... many emails to answer these days. I'll get back to you later today.

Rune L-H wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:51 am
Russell Grand wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:49 pm Woah, awesome! :hyper: It's been such a long time you've released a plugin, I have long given up on seeing a new one! I still use Sonitex and Compadre religiously so I look forward to this one! :D
Long time indeed. Interestingly there are a few ideas in Unisum that dates back more than ten years. Just haven't been able to really start experimenting with it until around 1,5 years ago when the first prototyping began. Quite the journey.
sinkmusic wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:00 pm Glad to see you back, Rune !
Thanks! :party:
I recall a drum sampler of some sort that you were supposed to release years ago. Any plans to revisit that project?

oh god. a terrible compressor. it made me buy it. ;) great work ! the trial lasted 20 min before i couldnt resist it.
one thing i would love to see is the option to resize the UI. times changed and 4k+ resolution screens make it a chore to work with fixed UI's when tweaking.
SYS 64738

i'm still sleeping on it. not because it's not good, but because i've spent quite some money already this month. :D Been selling.. if i manage to sell most of the things i'm getting it.

Holy shamoly, this thing is good :tu:
More BPM please

It’s mainly purpose is for mastering tool and I was so close to buying but my money goes to Germanium Chandler.

I still some how manage to recreate the sound of unison using series of plugins I already have ie. sonnox dynamic and softube tape but this one just make it simpler.

Even At $50 less is still too much for it
Check out some of my latest mixes and remixes:https://soundcloud.com/thinkmusic007

Used it on the master bus I am pleased with the sidechain detector it lets the kick to bang very hard.Looks like I might retire Ultraviolet this has more finished sound. Always struggled to get this smack on master this.works.miracle with.the sigma compressor in lim.6
Definetely selling any other compressors this render them useless its so versatile with this tdr nova and lim 6 if u cant make pro track its.defo.not.the tools

https://soundcloud.com/georgi-nikolov-6 ... chase-york

I slept on it and i decided to take it. Thanks for a great tool.

It sounds very nice on the master - though I've only spent < 1hr with it so far.

Is it worth $150 to me? I'm not currently thinking that it is.

Kotelnikov GE is on sale for $20 (I paid $35 I think), and, with using FDR, SC, linking, etc. I can make it sound pretty much the same to my non-pro ears in stereo. There are definitely more parameters and more control in Unisum, plus M/S mode.

Unisum sounds great, and has quite a few useful controls to make it sound even better. It costs $150 on sale.

K GE sounds great, and has some useful controls that make it sound even better. It costs $20 on sale.

If I was an engineer, I'd own both :lol:

I'll continue to demo this weekend and will edit if I change my mind.

Hi!

Quick question - the Kotelnikov is showing for me at $40 - is there a code for 20 bucks or something?

Return to “Effects”